Vi Build Guide by emachel
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Why u do dis guide
Cause Vi is a free win champion and if more ppl start to abuse her, maybe rito will finally do smthg about her. So go on, spam Vi on ranked, get free elo, maybe finally she'll get deleted from this game for good. I used to be ad carry main in s3, but now everything can just kill you without any skill involved whatsoever, that actually carring with this role became impossible. Vi is a prime example of this. When you play Vi, you make enemy carries useless. That is your only task to do. Each time you see those fockers, just press the R button and watch how easy they die. And gain elo. You'll thank me later.
- You one-shot all the carries past lvl 6.
- I repeat: you one-shot all the carries past lvl 6.
- Oh, and you're kinda tanky as well while doing that.
- Oh, and clearing jungle is really easy with her.
- Btw, you don't need to worry about kses, because...
- The game is over once you get fed
- Actually can be counterjungled early (won't happen in low elo though)
- Ganks are bad before 6 (just mute your teammates if they spam for ganks)
- Actually requires some skill (you need to be able to press R on the enemy adc)
9x Greater Mark of Attack Speed - because those are often used on junglers for faster clear and they synergize very good with your Denting Blows. If you don't have those, you may take flat AD marks as well, Vi has good AD scalings.
9x Greater Seal of Armor - because does anyone even take other seals on anything? If they do, it's probably some mid laner playing against AP champ with no AA harass. Well, you're not that anyways.
9x Greater Glyph of Magic Resist - you may possibly get away with scaling ones, provided there isn't any magic damage-dealing threat to your jungle.
3x Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage - because Vi scales really well with AD and those will help you clear the jungle faster. You might want to consider MS quints for better ganks, but IMO runes are mostly for early game and you won't be ganking too much early on.
Masteryes, skillz & aytems
Everything as explained above. For the masteries, you theorically could run 9/21/0 as well but... Screw it, you need to one-shot the enemy carries. Go 21/9/0. You're gonna be tanky anyways.
When it comes to specific masteries I only had little dilemna with the one point on the lower part of offensive tree, you can either get 1 point in Expose Weakness or Spell Weaving for more damage or Feast for more survi when jungling. I tried all 3 and felt like there's no different. But in theory, the 1st one should be the best when all-inning with your ult.
For the explanation behind item choices and skill maxing order look notes in the top section of this guide. Basically copy-paste everything you see.
- Your typical jungle path is blue (smite) -> wolfs -> red (smite)
- Don't take a point in skill till 1:55. You might need to use your Q if you get invaded.
- Vi can be counter-jungled so start with warding trinket to ward you enemies jungle. Swap it for red one later on, but always take some wards when recalling.
- When farming in jungle, hit your Q/E on the camp first to proc your passive.
- Watch your passive cooldown and when it's low wait with using your spells so you'll proc it.
- Don't do wight early on. Dat biyatch is tough.
- You're no Nasus or Shaco so you won't solo drake early, but you can do it with a help of some DPS.
- Don't come for ganks when you don't have ult unless it's taking a free kill.
- Don't use your Q immediately unless enemy is basically walking in your direction.
- Walk into the lane first, sometimes you can make them flash just by walking.
- Press R before they escape to their tower to finish them. Make sure they don't have flash or that you'll kill them instantly.
- Don't worry about taking kills. In fact, try to take as much kills as possible.
- Check if your first priority target (usually enemy adc) is in range of your ultimate.
- Will they be if you use q/flash/both? Use them!
- Press R on the enemy adc/whatever you're targeting.
- Smash the rest of your skills till they die or are forced to retreat.
- Congratulations, you just won a teamfight!
Vi is totally broken toxic champion and should be removed from the game.
Oh, pardon me. What I meant is that this build is totally overpowered and you should definitely give it a try.
Maybe when Vi will reach 90% win rate, she'll finally get deleted...
I mean, it's so good that you'll have 90% win rate with it and you can rank up easily by just playing her! Yeah, totally, play Vi each time you can and remember the "press r on the enemy adc part"!