Renekton Build Guide by Setandor
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hello Summoners, this is my first build for Renekton and I decided to make it since I love playing Renekton so much, and a lot of people don't know how to play him well. Renekton is a very strong and durable champion, I hope you like and enjoy my guide/build for Renekton.
The rune set up for this build is very good for Renekton, Greater Mark of Attack Damage - Renekton has very good early game harass, the extra dmg from the Greater Marks of Strength tops is nicely with the 10+ from
Moveing on to the next runes Greater Seal of Armor & Greater Glyph of Magic Resist - Renekton is a tanky durable Champion, haveing these runes will help you stay in lane and make you do well in solo lanes.
Now for the Greater Quintessence of Health - With this and a Doran's blade you will have 7 bars of health at lvl 1, thats one scary *** croc.
The Masteries I chose for this build compliment the Runes nicely, and gives Renekton and extra edge in lane/out lane.
- These boots are a MUST for a Renekton, being a combo champion as he is, this will help you keep good combo damage on your opponents and help you farm minions faster.
- I find that Bloodthirster works very well on Renekton when I play him, gives you nice damage and life steal makeing you hard to take out in 1v1/1v2 fights.
- After Bloodthirster I always rush the Randuin's Omen, this item gets you the duribility and an extra bit of hp Renekton likes. With its Unique Active, chasing down enemies and slowing them in or out of team fights is helpful.
- Madred's Bloodrazor may be an expensive investment but very worth it, it gives you armor and damage, and its passive works with Renektons for super bad *** shred damage.
- Renekton being the AD tank as he is makes Guardian Angel a good item to get for him, giving him even more armor and adding some Magic Resistance will make him even more TANK, it also saves his stacks if he ends up dieing because you just get revived >:D.
- Now now, I know what some of you might be thinking with this item, "WHAT?!? Trinity Force on a Renekton!?!?" Well I find with this whole Item composition it goes well, giving him extra hp and damage, adding movement speed, not to mention its nice passive. Trinity Force on a tanky AD Renekton goes well. But if you don't like Trinity Force it can be replaced with if you want a bit more survivability against casters, another item instead of Force of Nature would be .
PS: if you are up against pretty tanky and durable champions in lane like yourself I suggest getting a 3rd and make sure to buy between item building so you can regenerate your hp in or out of fights early game.
The Skill Sequence I suggest works well for both 3v3 and 5v5, in 3v3 having Cull and Meek at lvl 1 gives nice AoE damage if you go for first blood at bot lane, also giving good lane presence/healing.
Harass Combos: into the enemy Champion, open up with a + then out.
For your I URGE YOU to put your "E" on SmartCast, this will make a big difference when using the harass combo and overall performance.
Creeping / Jungling
After or before lane faze is over you can always pop in the jungle with Renekton to grab some extra money from Wraiths, Wolves, or Golems, By the time you get your you can solo Red buff which helps you chase down enemies.
I just wanted to add a good harass method if you ever get a laneing with you: Have him place a Cake bomb on you, then boost your speed, then you at the enemy hit them with a and , by the time you stunned him, the Cake bomb would have exploded, dealing high combo damage ^_^
The Over all of this build is for a Lane durable or if needed solo lane Renekton with great survivability early/late game, having good AD and good harass. I hope you guys enjoyed reading through this guide as much as I did making it.
Don't judge it badly unless you try'd it :) and good luck whooping some ***!