Rengar Build Guide by xXOpheliaXx
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hey ! Welcome to my AP Rengar "Shout at 'em 'till they die!"Guide.
First of all, this is my first build and English is not my native language. If you find any errors please PM me so that I can get rid of those from my guide!"
Before we start you should watch the Champion Spotlight! Phreak explains Rengaras a AD champ but you see how his skills works, as well as his skillrange and his AA-Animation(<--handling)!
"Why AP Rengar!?", you might ask. Well i found out that Rengar's Battle Roar has a 1.0 AP ratio!
You could answer this with, "Dude! Veigar's Dark Matter as well has a 1.0 ratio. Not to mention Primordial Burst!" Sure, but thanks to Rengars passive ( Unseen Predator) he can double Cast Battle Roar.
"Huh!? Thats all!? Its not even "really" range!" Well Rengar has a pretty good gap closer in my opinion. His passive is good when you're top, and later Rengar's Thrill of the Hunt has a 50 second CD(without applying CDR).
It´s really a AP Glass Cannon-Burst guide, but i try out more, and keep you updated!
But let's analyze this step by step!
Pros VS Cons
Greater Mark of Magic Penetration
Greater Glyph of Scaling Ability Power
Greater Quintessence of Scaling Ability Power
Greater Seal of Scaling Ability Power
- Greater Mark of Magic Penetration
- Greater Seal of Scaling Ability Power, Greater Glyph of Scaling Ability Power, Greater Quintessence of Scaling Ability Power
As every Ap carry u need AP! Those runes give u 69.96 Ap at lvl 18!
WARNING! MORE MATH INCOMING!:
69.96 AP are about 3.948 Amplifying Tomes!
With a Rabadon's Deathcap it makes 90,948 AP thats 4,5474 Amplifying Tomes!
4,5474 Amplifying Tomes cost 1978,119 Gold! (and 4,5474 Itemsslots ;D)
And your Battle Roar has such a good ratio , every single APpoint counts!
:5 AP and AD while Ignite is on CD. More then another Point in
: AP Rengar needs AP!
:4% CDR, a nice start since Rengar needs his abilities to deal DMG!
: 10% MPen! Thats a lot!
: More DMG ;D
: 18 AP are almost a free Amplifying Tome!
: 69.96 AP from runes + 21 AP from masteries +
= 95,508 AP at lvl 18 without Items!
: Nice! Rengar is good at taking down lowlife Champs but with this... ;D
: Some resistance is never a bad idea!
: Here, too! Some MR is never a bad idea! Especially because we build glass cannon!
: Since you have to harass, zone your enemy and you're a melee champ..
: Since Rengars early DMG is high this will help you to win your trades more efficently!
With some practice you can
do some AWESOME things with it.
Example: Flash away while
Alistar uses his .
410 TRUE DMG!
Will always help you to get Firstblood
Get 4 Ferocity points, flash or
run to a low enemy,
like an Twisted Fate at 1/3 of his health,
use your twice and ignite
him... get back to last hitting
while hearing "FIRST BLOOD!" ;D
: Never a bad option, especially when they have a jungling
. It often can save your life if you get used to it! Take this instead of
: When u really want to roam and make them afraid of you! Always remember! You can't just port yourself to minions and wards! You can teleport to players pets(, ),
Shacos , Teemos and even to Jarvan IVs !
Abilities + Tips and Tricks
SPAaccaCE SPACE SPA PASSIVE SPACea QSPACE SPCE W SPACEPCe ESPAESPAEE R
Ability Sequence"Why on lvl 1?".
First of all that's for the "usual" game, if your team invades get first. But you need your on lvl 1 because of the reasons mentioned above: since your is not strong enough to clean a whole wave yet, because you can poke your opponent, it's useful for last-hitting and a great help for/against early ganks!
"Why even get a point in ?"
Mentioned above aswell: Faster ferocity points, stronger last-hitting!
And s one is at 11 seconds(wihout any CDR), what when your opponent survives your burst? And whats with split pushing? Since u get no AD or AttSpeed, how shall i destroy buildings efficently?
Ok when someone survives your burst we need more AP , a way to reduce their MR or maybe some other tricks...
Considering this the best item you could purchase now is a ...
Let's anylyse the item:
- 80AP more DMG!
- 30MR , when you followed ht math above you dee what 30
MR can do!
- 350 Mana..wait Rengar has no mana.... ;C
- +Movement Speed.. never useless!
- PASSIVE you deal your AP as physical DMG! So if they stack MR to counter u this will actually hurt a bit, if ur target has no MR or DEF-- at almost your full AP again into your burst calculation!
This passive also works against buildings! Make sure u wait for the cooldown, use any ability and hit a building!
Pretty nice so far isn't it?
So what can we do if they stack MR? We reduce it!
Let's anylyse the item:
- 70APagain, more DMG!
- PASSIVE 40% MPen!? That's so much! considireng they have 150 MR this items reduces it to 90 MR!
Let´s see what that means!
500 DMG against 150 MR= 200 DMG ;CC
500 DMG against 100 MR= 263 DMG still not much it seems..well 150MR is much!^^
The last item..
- Guardian Angel it gives you no DMG , but makes you tankier and has such an incredible nice passive!
- Abyssal Scepter when the main DMG they deal is magical, grab this! More DMG and more resistance!
- Zhonya's Hourglass when the main DMG they deal is physical, grab this! More DMG and more defense! And a nice active, when timed well it can stop everything! Darius ult? No,Sir. Karthus ult? No,sir. Nunus ult? No,sir, ;D
- Rylai's Crystal Scepter more DMG and more HP to get more beefy. The passive is also very useful since your W is AoE^^
- Hextech Gunblade personally i don't like this item, but it's good! First of all it strenghtens your physical side a bit.But it also gives nice Spellvamp, AP and a .. well ... not useless active! Instead u could buy Will of the Ancients boosting your team aswell!
- Quicksilver Sash. They have many CCs? They have a Malzahar or a Warwick? GET IT! And make your ad carry build one aswell!
When to get which!
- When their team is tanky, or you simply wan´t that CDR!
- When there is nothing really tanky enemy around, get these and buy another item instead of the Voidstaff!
- When their bruiser is fed- usually a fed ADCarry is no problem for you, just burst him! If u start having trouble with him, get those!
- When they have much CCs or they have a fed AP user!
FARM!^^ That´s your main goal in the laning phase, use your to last hit and poke. Once u reach lvl 2 you can start thinking about trades! Once u have 3 ferocity points your opponent and use twice. Try to always have 3 ferocity points so u can initiate that combo, and u can heal yourself if needed!
If u have problems and getting harassed just try to freeze your lane. To do that just last-hit close to ur tower! But usually Rengar doesnt have problems he has DMG , sustain and a good early game!
Once u hit lvl 6 u have some options:
- When the opponent is pretty low, ran into a bush,use [size=thrill of the hunt size=20], wait until u have 5 freocity points. Jump on him , double ROAR! at him(and use ignite if needed).
- When he is healthy just pucsh him under his turret. If you get ganked use [size=thrill of the hunt size=20]and or Flashto get away (or if you were back before you will have wards anyway..at least you should have some). And then go back buy something AND WARDS!
- When u get pushed, stay u can hold the lane until u get ganked u have a heal and Rengar isnt bad in turret hug farming.
Once u have your Deathfire Grasp you can go really aggresive. Push your lane and/or make your opponent to recall and roam!
Make their AdCarry afraid of you, when thay have no pink ward simply use [size=thrill of the hunt size=20] at the right second and help your bot lane!
Sometimes they have pink wards , especially near the dragon just go another route. If it's all pink warded, make your jungler or sipport to buy an Oracle!
Later you should always split push unless your team really can't stand 4on5. When someone engage run as quickly as possible their, focus the AD- or AP-Carry and burst him down, then help your teammates! When it's obvious your team wins 4vs5 , just stay there and push you get your money from minions!
Always remember your not a tank, wait until your tank has engage use your ultimate and jump on your focus!