Rengar Build Guide by aQkztar
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Final item build
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hello everyone, i'm CG liNk, and this is my first guide ever.
I'll be making a guide on: Rengar, The Pridestalker.
In this guide i will be describe what i think, is a very effective way to play and build Rengar
It won't be a very long guide, because i'm not the most skilled with coding etc. but i'm learning, so i will probarbly come back to update it with more visuals and pictures.
Pros / Cons
- Doesn't use mana, so he's capable of spamming abilities.
- Amazing passive that allows for juking, or chasing.
- Gets more profit out of his "Battle Roar" because it scales off his max HP.
- Has a slow and stun with "Bola Strike"
- Amazing ultimate that allows him to escape or initiate.
- Really tanky if build this way.
- Able to 100% 50%/0% the opposite AD-carry in a few seconds.
- Easy to harras early game, even easier for ranged champions like Teemo.
- Countered by Vision Wards and Oracles.
- Needs to stay close to brushes, in order to proc passive.
Some people might pick Ghost over Flash, but choose I not to.
The reason for this, is that while Ghost does provide excellent movement speed, I feel like I die more often to ganks. Because of that, I pick Flash
I pick Ignite on Rengar, because it provides excellent champion killing power.
I pick these Masteries, because this guide is focused towards being tanky.
0/21/9 provides you with really strong defensive stats, and with the Biscuit from your Utility tree, you are able to stay in lane longer.
Just like with the Masteries, these Runes are picked because they provide the needed defensive stats.
They will provide you with excellent late game combined with your items, and you'll easily be able to stay in huge teamfight, and you'll be able to soak alot of damage, if the enmy team decides to focus you.
Passive: Unseen Predator:
As someone who plays alot of Rengar games, I know hoW tempting it can be, to jump onto your lane opponent to deal some damage.
DON'T. Rengar has recieved a few nerfs, and he's not able to 1v1 trade with most bruisers anymore.
Use this to last hit minions, and stack up your ferocity.
When at max ferocity stack, his "Q" is able to deal alot of damage, so if you feel safe, you can use this to deal a pretty big amount of damage/harras.
W: Battle Roar:
This ability is in my book, his key ability. When at max Ferocity stack it provides AMAZING sustain.
At max Ferocity, it can also be used to clear minion waves pretty fast. Also the Wraith camp, if you happen to be around their area.
E: Bola Strike:
I see alot of people spamming this ability, just to build up their Farocity stacks, i strongly disagree with doing this.
A skilled jungler (if being in brush waiting to gank) will wait until you use this, so you wont be able to slow or stun him with it. I only use it when i'm getting ganked, or wanting to kill someone.
Tip for Bola Strike:
- When you have 3 Ferocity stacks, go into the brush. Jump to your foe, and use your Savagery+Battle Roar.
This will set you at 3 Ferocity stacks. This will allow you to stun your enemy.
When the stun ends, you can use it again to slow them, if they flash or just try to run away.
Ultimate/r: Thrill of the hunt:
This is an extremely powerfull ultimate, if used correctly.
- It will allow you to escape ganks, or bad 1v1 trades.
- It's amazing to jump on the enemy teams AD carry in a teamfight, and with your double "Q", you will be able to burst them down extremely quickly.