Rumble Build Guide by Hamptonst
Not Updated For Current Season
First Back Options
Not Updated For Current Season
Hello fellow league players and welcome to my first guide! I am Unnarned and this guide is all about my favorite champion Rumble & how to play him to his full potential. (Note: Just cause he's small doesn't mean he tickles)
When I first saw Rumble during my first days of playing League, I was like, "HOLY Sh**! That guy has a f*c*k*n flamethrower!" I spent weeks saving up IP and finally I had bought him. I literally went played him every game, gradually getting better and better each day. Finally I was ready and began creating this guide!
Rumble is possibly one of the best solo top laner's in the game, having some of the best abilities for trade, his passive makes him hit like a truck, and best of all he can turn around a losing lane if used correctly! Need I say more?
Pros / Cons
+Has very devastating trades.
+His ult turns around fights.
+Shield absorbs damage and speeds him up.
+Overheat makes him hit like a truck.
-Doesn't have burst damage.
-His flamespitter requires you to go closer to the enemy.
-Has no long-term survivability without spell vamp.
-Flame spitter deals half damage to minions.
- Greater Quintessence of Ability Power: // All of your abilities scale off of AP, and while 15 AP might seem like a small amount, every bit counts in your struggle to win top lane. Also, AP quints give about 4 times more flat ap then AP Blues.
- Greater Mark of Magic Penetration: // Your enemy has Magic resist, you have magic damage, hopefully you'll be the smart player and understand how amazing these runes are. With Magic penetration all of your abilities (not your basic attacks) will deal alot more damage then if you had none at all, and believe me, magic penetration reds are probably the best runes you could have.
- Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist: // Magic Resist is a must have, scaling is even better since you don't usually have many team fights early in the game, and your opponent in top lane is almost always an ad bruiser (Unless it's that pesky Malphite/Cho 'Gath). You can always replace scaling magic resist with flat magic resist if you know your enemy deals magic damage.
If you feel like taking the riskier approach, you can also replace your magic resist runes with flat AP for that extra damage, however I wouldn't recommend doing so.
- Greater Seal of Armor: // The armor is always a tremendous help during the lane phase due to the constant harass you'll most likely receive. I prefer flat armor as opposed to scaling simply because trades always happen much earlier in the game. Plus, a bit of armor goes a long way, especially with the ad bruiser meta for top lane.
In the Offensive Tree, take one point in Summoner's Wrath to give that extra boost for your Ghost and Exhaust. Three points in Sorcery for the Cooldown Reduction to spam your abilities more often. Four points in Blast for the extra AP and to get the last mastery of your offensive masteries, Arcane Knowledge for the magic penetration to dish out more damage.
In the Defensive Tree, take four points in Durability for the health and to get one point in Veteran Scar's for the flat health. Put three points in Hardiness and Resistance for some flat armor and magic resist. Take Unyielding and Block to help with trades. Tenacious provides the much needed tenacity to lower the duration of cc (does not weaken cc) and Juggernaut multiplies your health by 4%. Although 4% doesn't seem like a lot, because of how tanky you'll be with Liandry's Torment Warmog's Armor and Rylai's Crystal Scepter it will give a lot more than you'd expect. Finally, Honor Guard which in my opinion is the best mastery out of the entire tree, it reduces damage from ALL sources. That's right, you heard me correctly, ALL MOTHERF*^%ING SOURCES, and in teamfights, it can be the difference between life and being downright brutally murdered by the entire other team. I think you get the point.
Ghost Exhaust is probably the best summoner spell pair for solo top rumble, it provides Rumble with an active mobility booster that lasts long enough for him to either catch up to an enemy, or run from one. Unexperienced Rumble players are encouraged to use this pair first. Not because it requires no skill, but because of the evil laughs you shall be uttering while your enemy tries to run away only to be left with nowhere to go except through the endless waves of flame.
- Junkyard Titan: // When Rumble reaches 100 heat, he silences himself for 6 seconds and cannot use abilities for the duration. While silenced he deals bonus magic damage with basic attacks until he cooldowns. This ability shall make your enemies scream bloody murder as you bash their skulls in. This ability scales off both your level AND your ability power, essentially making you a skull crushing mage person!
Note: While silenced, all of his abilities that were used prior to being overheated will still go their full duration, also, if [Electro-harpoon] is the ability you use to become over heated, you can still use the second activation during the silence OP ain't it? So activate Junkyard Titan when you're ready to give a Bandle City BEATDOWN.
- Flamespitter (Q): // This ability is the trademark of Rumble and is what makes people scream in fear at every loading screen with Rumble. Flamespitter deals a large amount of damage over a period of 3 seconds.
Note: At 50 heat, Flamespitter will deal 30% extra damage, did you gasp in fear? No? Read over it again. Now? Good. Be sure to always take advantage of this broken damage to strike fear in your enemy top laner. Be sure to use Flamespitter in unison with your Scrap Shield to win early trades against your enemy and melt them to death while their futile attempts to deal damage to you is absorbed by your awesomeness. Also note that this ability has one of the highest AP ratio's in the game, not to mention the 30& extra damage from 50 heat.
- Scrap Shield (W): // Scrap Shield
your main mind f*ck ability, it will leave enemies blubbering at their failure as you escape their attempt to finish you off with ignite.
Note: Against champions like Nunu and Pantheon who's main source of early harass are homing abilities, wait for them to launch their ability to use your shield, absorbing the damage. Not only will this make them waste their mana, but it will also force them to do all out trades, which you will always win BECAUSE they maxed their harass first while you, HOPEFULLY maxed out flamespitter first. Evil ain't it?
- Electro-Harpoon (E): // Ah, Electro-Harpoon, this is my favorite ability because it will annoy the living hell out of your enemy, listen to their endless forms of rage. It deals a small amount of damage while slowing the enemy, but to make it even better, you can shoot it TWICE, and even better (WHAT? SOMETHING EVEN MORE BETTER THAN SHOOTING IT TWICE?) BOTH HARPOONS STACKS! Want to make it even more better? (GASP! THERE'S MORE?) THE SLOW STACKS WITH RYLAI'S CRYSTAL SCEPTER.
- The Equalizer (R): // The Equalizer, the trademark of Rumble's spell-kit, the moment you receive this ability, it's like a candy store at top. Everyone wants some of you, but they know its bad for them. And instead of getting fat, they're gonna get SNOWBALLED! That's right, sure you'll get ganked constantly to stop you from snowballing, but the trick is to beat them when they gank you, lowering their morale, and eventually ensuring you the win! (Them surrendering at 20) If you're full health and are confident you can burn the ganker AND the enemy top laner faster than they can kill you. Run into your bush and when they walk in! Ultimate them both and burn all of your abilities!
Guide is currently under extreme construction
Constructive criticism is definitely welcome, but please understand this is not finished quality.