Night At The Museum!
Not Updated For Current Season
Hi there, I'm Deathly Aurora. I play on the EUW server and I am currently at an unremarkable Silver 3! I main jungle and mid lane. I mainly play assassins like
Fizz, however I have been known to play fighters such as
I currently don't play ranked anymore since getting Silver 3 this season on my Kinakaz account however I do plan to continue ranked soon!
Please feel free to leave me feedback/criticism in the comments or on PM telling me what I can improve on in future guides!
Introduction to Jungle AS Cho'Gath!
Jungle attack speed is extremely overpowered. Don't get me wrong, as a champion is bloody brutal, but this build causes to become very sticky, and kill enemies so quick!
This build may seem extremely unorthodox, and believe me, it is, however it is actually quite practical in-game, however I wouldn't play ranked with it.
This builds play relies heavily on power spikes based on build and 's level 6 power-spike. Due to 's ultimate and smite, he can quickly stack - Devourer and farm efficiently whilst being able to make many successful ganks.
If you like Cho'Gaths playstyle but want me to mix it up, this build may be for you!
Pros / Cons
+ A lot of damage!
+ His ultimate om-nom-noms people! AND IT DEALS TRUE DAMAGE!
+ AoE Auto attack!
+ He gets a lot of health!
+ He has amazing sustain!
+ Rylai's synergises with his E/AA passive.
+ This build doesn't require a lot of mana.
+ He has amazing jungle clear.
- This build CAN make him squishy.
- He is really easy to hit with skillshots (LIKE HE'S HUGE)
- High early-game mana costs.
- He gets focused
I feel the pros heavily outweigh the cons with this build, however if you have decent mana conservation and go slightly tanky, the cons don't become too much of a problem!
I suggest you take Flash just in case you need to get yourself out of a sticky situation, reposition yourself in a teamfight or secure a kill.
Smite is a must have due to the item choice - Devourer and due to the fact that you're a Jungler.
I suggest taking Chilling Smite for the slow, however you could take Challenging Smite for the reveal and true DoT.
Greater Glyph of Scaling Ability Power
Greater Mark of Magic Penetration
Greater Quintessence of Attack Speed
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Seal of Health
I have chosen attack speed quints for the extra attack speed, synergising with 's E, giving him faster jungle clear and synergising with the build. I chose 5 armor seals to give him a bit more survivability and 4 health seals for more survivability/sustain.
For marks I chose marks of magic penetration to help Cho'Gath deal more damage on champions early game.
Personally I go with 12-18-0 for my masteries, as this gives Cho'Gath a lot more survivability and a lot of damage.
- I suggest this mastery for the increased attack speed.
- I suggest this mastery for increased survivability.
- I suggest this mastery for increased AD/AP due to lack of AP in the build.
- I suggest this mastery for increased damage. This synergises well with 's and Rylai's Crystal Scepter if you choose to build it.
- This gives more movement speed out of combat, allowing him to be around the map quicker and make better ganks.
- This helps survive in the jungle longer.
- This gives more damage when fighting as the opponent's HP gets lower.
- This restores 5% of missing health and mana on kills/assists, giving more survivability.
- This gives more magic penetration, allowing him to deal more damage.
- This deals magic damage to the opponent every 3rd attack or spell.
If you feel the 12/18/0 masteries don't synergise too well with AS you could go with 18/12/0 using Fervor of Battle, as attack speed will gain the 8 stacks quickly. This will also synergise well with Guinsoo's Rageblade. (Due to the increased attack speed each hit up to a max of 8 stacks)
My reasoning for this ability path is because is 's on-hit ability, and it is AoE. This synergises with the attack speed build meaning more damage will be created on AAs. I maxed second due to this being the most damaging ability between and , causing me to max last.
- Devourer - This is a key item to have for AS . It has the on-hit effects and attack speed that synergise well with
- These boots give attack speed and obviously movement speed helping him stick to the opponent more.
- This item gives ability power, attack speed and an on-hit effect providing magic damage.
- This item gives attack speed, AD and AP when he AAs enemy opponents.
- This item gives health, making him less squishier, as well as giving him AP. This also synergises well with due to the unique passive, slowing opponents on AA (due to 's
- This gives magic penetration and AP, allowing him to do more damage to opponents who have built magic resist to ATTEMPT to counter the GOD.
- This provides you with magic resist if the enemy APC is quite fed, but it also provides on-hit damage as well as stealing 5 magic resist temporarily from the target. (This stacks up to 5 times)
- This item gives health and AP. It also has a unique passive that synergises with 's (Due to the double damage of the unique passive if enemy movement is impaired)
- This item is useful for if he is focused during team fights, blocking the first ability that comes towards you, which will most likely be a form of CC or a stun as you're getting into the opponent's face(s).
- This item can help to be more sticky, as well as making him a bit more tanky. If you use the active at the correct time it will slow the movement of enemies nearby.
- This item can be used to give a bit more damage with his abilities and allow him to reduce magic resist of enemies near him. This will also make a bit more resistant and able to make more damage from the enemy APCs.
- This item can be useful for giving him a bit more survivability, and giving him a bit more armor, as well as a lot of damage.
- This item can be EXTREMELY useful in replacement of Void Staff if the enemy have no MR, as the active allows you to slow an opponent down and stick to them better. As well as this the unique passive Omnivore heals for 15% of the damage dealt, and is 33% effective for all of 's abilities (AoE) apart from his ultimate. (Is it possible somebody can clarify what this means by leaving a comment or PMing me? Unsure if it's ONLY 33% as effective so 4.95$ or it heals for 33% for AoE damage)
Suggested Jungle Route
For both sides I suggest the same Jungle path. Start Gromp > take Blue Sentinel > Take Red buff > Take closest Rift Scuttler > Gank? > take Krugs > take Raptors > recall > Take other Rift Scuttler > Gank > Wolves
This however is in a perfect world, even though I haven't perfected the Jungle route yet I have found this is the best for me.
This build isn't particularly strong early-game, so ganks require your team to be on point, and may require a fair bit of communication. (I wouldn't advise this in solo queue although it has worked)
In this image Y represents you, T represents a teammate and E represents an enemy. The lines show the best ways and angles to go to gank enemies that are overextended.
When ganking/chasing try to predict where the enemy laner is going and cut them off instead of walking directly towards them.
Try to communicate with your team and gank when the enemy is overextended or pushing to ensure they don't escape.
With ganks can be easy providing you come in at the right angle, cut the enemy laner off and hit a . You may not always get a kill however you may likely get a flash or make the enemy recall.
If you're close enough to the enemy you should them first to ensure they can't flash or use their escape, then use .
Whilst doing this you should auto-attack them to proc your on-hit effects and if you have slow them further.