Shyvana Build Guide by Eluminati
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Shyvana the Half-Dragon
Welcome to my Shyvana guide. I'm not going to write a novel. Ive tried and tested various builds for Shyvana, I have also seen and competed against many others. I'm simply taking a few minutes of my time to share this build with everyone.
The build provides defense, damage and sustainability. I find this build extremely viable early through to late game. However her true power is seen mid-late.
** I have never 1v1'd another Shyvana and lost.
Greater Mark of Lethality
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Glyph of Magic Resist
Greater Quintessence of Lethality
Being an AD based champion we take ArPen Marks and Quints.
For survival we take Flat Armour Seals and Flat Magic Resist Glyphs.
Runes are more viable early game, yes you get more bang for your buck with per lvl runes endgame, but compared to your item set at such time, they make up for worthless amounts. A strong early game leads to a strong mid-late game.
We follow offence for 21, and Utility for 9.
Archaic Knowledge for 15% Penetration on W E R.
Lethality > Brute Force as crits are common with this build.
Greed > Utility Mastery as others are more suited toRed/Blue than you.
Everything else is self explanatory.
You can take a Defence 9 route picking up Resistance and Hardiness and following through to Nimbleness if desired.
Shyvana is naturally tanky due to her R passive and active.
As such I stack HP over mitigation.
Some people go for pure AD/AS builds, this build is more viable due to the fact you maintain similar damage output in team fights and you last 10 times as long.
Frozen Mallet, Warmog's Armor and Atma's Impaler are core, others just sync well with the build.
Grab a Vampiric Scepter after boots for some extra sustenance. Turn it into a The Bloodthirster later.
Grab a Zeke's Harbinger over a The Bloodthirster if you have alot of AD based champs on your team and you play well as a team.
Try dropping your boots for a Phantom Dancer and your Trinity Force for a Infinity Edge
If the enemy team has a tonne of hard cc try Quicksilver Sash or a Banshee's Veil, pick up some early tenacity if needed.
If the enemy team is mainly AP try a Force of Nature or again, a Banshee's Veil
For AD teams try a Frozen Heart a Randuin's Omen or a Thornmail
If you jungle, build a Wriggle's Lantern as your first item, then proceed with the core build.
Fury of the Dragonborn is a great passive whereby Shyvana's auto attacks effect her abilities in a certain way.
Twin Bite - Reduces the cooldown by 0.5 seconds.
Burnout - Extends the duration by 1 second to a maximum of 6 seconds.
Flame Breath - Deals 15% of the ability's damage to debuffed targets.
Dragon's Descent - Attacks generate 2 Fury and Shyvana passively gains Fury over time while in human form.
Shyvana strikes twice on her next attack, dealing (+) physical damage on the second attack. The bonus damage is equal to 80/85/90/95/100% of Shyvana's Attack Damage.
Dragon Form: Twin Bite cleaves all units in front Shyvana.
Shyvana deals 25/40/55/70/85 (+0.2 per bonus AD) magic damage per second to nearby enemies and moves 30/35/40/45/50% faster for 3 seconds. Shyvana's Movement Speed bonus is reduced over time.
Dragon Form: Burnout scorches the earth, continuing to damage enemies that stand on it.
Shyvana unleashes a fireball that deals 80/125/170/215/260 (+0.6 AP) magic damage and burns 15/15/15/15/15% of their Armor for 4 seconds.
Dragon Form: Flame Breath engulfs all units in a cone in front of her.
Active: Shyvana transforms into a dragon and takes flight to a target location. Enemies along her path take 200/300/400 (+0.7 AP) magic damage and are knocked toward her target location.
Passive: Shyvana reinforces her scales, increasing her Armor and Magic Resist by 15/20/25. Defensive bonuses are doubled in Dragon Form.
If your team lacks an initiator, communicate your intentions then:
- Burnout+ Dragon's Descent into the group (ensuring you hit majority of them with your morph)
- Flame Breath+ Twin Bite making sure you are facing into the group when you do so as Flame Breath+ Twin Bite are cone-based while Dragon's Descent is active.
- Depending on how YOUR team reacts, run back to your group with Burnout or hold your position and mash keys :)
- Always morph into the group, not at the group, to ensure you inflict ALL damage.
- Always face the group as your abilities and hence survivability through Lifesteal depends on this.
- You CAN morph to escape if no other options are available and you get caught somewhere you shouldnt be or get ganked.
- Sometimes the best defense is a good offense. If you force your enemy to run, its gg, if you run, its gg (most times). YOU ARE A DRAGON ACT LIKE ONE DONT BE A ***** :)
- Your dragon form deals no extra 1v1 damage, it only provides defence and splash damage of your original spells. Hence do not rush to a R if you get into a 1v1, saving it may land you the kill by R'ing down a flash.
- Great for tower diving a low hp champ, DONT BE AFRAID TO DO SO, especially after ur scepter, she is incredibly tanky vs turrets. This will take some experimentation to learn your limits.
- Make sure if you use W to get to an enemy, that you can land an attack to refresh the ability before it runs out. Otherwise you lose a big chunk of your damage for ~8seconds.
- If your in a fight that is neck and neck, in dragon form your W leaves a trail of fire, pretend you are defeated and pretend to retreat. Most likely they chase thinking they are victorious only to die in fire. MINUS 50 DKP!
- A great harass tool for Shyvana, reduces armour by A LOT! Always land your Flame Breath before Twin Bite and AA's, as her passive deals 15% of Flame Breath on Each hit, so Flame Breath-> Twin Bite means 130% E damage + Q damage.
- At the moment its hard to land this spell near minions/champs as it is just a bit too fat and i dont believe the spell guide is accurate, be careful with your aim.
- Shyvana's spam spell basically.
- Being smart and landing a Twin Bite directly after a AA (as Q refreshes your AA timer) can increase your output significantly.
Summoner Spells + Jungling
All these are viable for Shyvana, however Burnout is quite a speed boost so Ghost IS questionable.
Because I dive towers alot I prefer Exhaust, it reduces their resistances and movement speeds, so i can burn them quicker and stay on them easilly, and it also reduces their damage output if they decide to fight back.
Exhaust is a great counter to AD/AS champs like trynd or Yi.
I warn you Shyvana isn't the best jungler, however she is still competent.
Option One: Cloth Armor + Health Potion
- Doubles with smite, Wraiths, Wolves, Blue with smite, ( recall - Boots of Speed + Health Potion or a Vampiric Scepter)
- Doubles, Red
Option Two: Vampiric Scepter
- Wolves, Wraiths with smite, Doubles ( recall - Cloth Armor and Health Potion)
- Wolves, Blue with smite, Doubles, Red with smite.
Obviously if you jungle you need to take Offensive Mastery and Utility Mastery along with Plentiful Bounty
So thats a quick outline of a Extremely strong Shyvana build.
Don't forget to leave constructive criticism and vote if you agree with the guide.