Sion Build Guide by Voidlord1
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
We recommend you take a look at this author's other builds.
Sion Health Tank
Full Build Against AD (in order)
Full Build Against AP (in order)
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hello, i'm voidlord1 and welcome to my Sion Build! This build is based around making you the biggest damage sponge ever to walk the rift, as well as nearly untouchable in teamfights. All of the health items you build will even make your W scale immensely. I hope you find this build useful!
Teleport: The basic spell for a top laner. Can be used to gank, get back to lane, save your teammates, and countergank.
Flash: Literally the #1 Spell for any laner. This spell lets you secure kills, escape an enemy, get over walls, quickly block a would-be-fatal skill shot for one of your teammates, and get you out of enemy ganks.
1. The Teleport Ult Combo.
I do this all the time when I play Sion and it gives you huge map presence against the enemy team. If you are in lane and the enemy is low if there is a standoff near another one of your teammate's tower, teleport to that tower and ult down their lane to cause some carnage.
2. The Classic W-E-Q Combo.
This is the typical Sion combo that was made pretty shortly after he got reworked and is devastating in lane. You activate your W, then E the enemy to slow them, and then charge your Q for as long as possible and reactivate it right before they escape its range, then reactivate your W.
How to Use Your Passive Wisely
Sion has one of the most interesting passives in the game, and one of the most punishing. However, when you get revived by your passive, you want to make sure you make the most of it before you die.
1. If you are in a teamfight and die, go straight for the carries. It doesn't even matter how low anyone else is, as long as you can damage the enemy carry enough for your team to finish him off (or even kill him yourself), you can either force the enemy team away or turn the teamfight completely around and get your team some kills.
2. If you die in lane, don't use deathsurge immediately. If possible, get to them without using your deathsurge, then use it when they start to run away. If you have to use deathsurge to get to them however, use it immediately.
3. If they have gotten really far away from you before your passive revived you or you get cc'd and you know you can't catch up to them, just farm minions or attack an enemy tower if possible with it.
When to Use Your Ult
1. Is the enemy grouped up near your structure? Ult.
2. Is someone trying to escape you and they flashed away? Ult.
3. Is your team pursuing the enemy team? Ult.
4. Need to start a teamfight? Ult.
5. Need to save one of your teammates? Ult.
6. Is one of the enemy champions using a ult that channels? Ult.
Ways to work with your team, and destroy the enemy team in the process:
1. You are your team's teamfight initiator. Start a teamfight with your ult into their team when they get close together and most of your team is able to follow up.
2. If someone is trying to escape your team, E them, then Q for the slow or the stun, depending on whichever one will land before they get out of range. That should easily pick up a kill for your team.
3. If you see the enemy in one of your team's lanes ganking your teammates, teleport (if it is up) to save them or even turn the gank around and pick up a kill
4. If someone is trying to jump on you carry in a teamfight and in general, E them for the slow and Q them for the slow or stun to save them or possibly pick up a kill.
5. If your team is fleeing a teamfight, walk behind your team to block whatever damaging skillshots the enemy has, since you will be able to take that damage a lot more than anyone else on your team.