Heimerdinger Build Guide by rOBODUDE10
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hey guys, I would love to get some comments on my guide.
I invested a lot of time and effor on it and I really wanna know what people think, for good and for bad...
Hello, My name is rOBODUDE10, yea a weird nick I know, but that's what it is.
This im my Hemierdinger renovated guide, made a lot of changes to make him better, also customised it to season 3 items and masteries.
This guide is not about teaching you how to play the game, there are a lot of great guides for that.
It also isn't about teaching you how to play AP mid or AP at all, a lot of great guides for that also.
This is about how to I play Hemierdinger and How Heimerdinger should be played on my opinion.
Heimerdinger in lane is about outlaning your opponenets and getting kills if you have a good chance for that. you do that by pushing heavily (but relatively safly) and denying creeping from the enemy champ. It's also about heavy AP damage over time, that's why my masteries, runes and items are what they are - deal as much damage while being able to take a good punch as well.
I didn't try to play support or Jungle in the new season, but I think that they are even more valid then before.
I will give some updates on them after I tried them out well enough.
On the same note, I wanna say that the AP mid guide is a valid ranked guide. The AP top can work against some champs, aspacially if the team has an AD mid champ like talon/lee sin and you need a good AP carry on the team.
The jungle and support are more for fun and I wouldn't recommand trying them on ranked games because you will probably fail and get reported, and even if you do ok and still loose, every one will blame you...
Now to the guide...
+ 2 types of CC
+ easy to learn
+ best buff pull
+ [Hextech Micro-Rockets] are auto targeted
+ Great harvest with [H-28G Evolution Turret].
+ [H-28G Evolution Turret]=wards that deal damage
+ scales very well with kills
+ loves early game jungler ganks.
+ best joke ever!
- weak at start
- pritty hard to get first kill if enemy is playing defensive
- if you fail behind at start
- UPGRADE!!! (ulti) does not increase damage output
- Kinda squishy even with this tankier build
- very item dependent
- worst haircut ever
I won't start detailing why I picked every single point but I will say a few things.
I go 21-9-0 which is unlike the aurtodux 9-0-21 Heimer builds that I Have seen so far.
I do it beacuse:
A. I play Heimer mana coservitively - I don't spam rockets and use them only to get champ hits early on.
B. Heimer can harvest like a motherf$#@#, you don't really need extra gold.
C. Blue buff can help heimer in lane alot, but this build doesn't relay on it.
D. I get items for CD reaction, don't need that form masteries as well.
I do take 9 Defense cause Heimer is squashy - geeting some extra defence can help you get a few more hits before dying, staying alive longer mean your turrets get to shoot more and eventually, get the kill 1st.
I do take 21 on red because heimer just don't deal enough damage and I do use Hextech Micro-Rockets & CH-1 Concussion Grenade to harres. I rather get a few strong punches then a lot of weak punches. Also, this way, the enemy will go low on health faster which means he will have to go back to shop - free laning for you, or he will just die...
- Greathe Quintessense of Ability Power: for more AP damge obviuslly
- 7 Greater Seal of Armor: For some Armor during game
- 2 Greater Seal of Magic Resist: For some extra MR early game.
Flash: is your best escape tool as heimer. combined with a successful [CH-1 Concussion Grenade] throw, you will probably be safe.
another awsome use is to flash to another side of your turrets while attacked/ganked, this way you force the enemy to take a few more hits till he reaches you again.
Barrier: I used to take Heal but I think this one works better duo to the fact that it has a much shorter CD and it is not effected by Heal reduction like Ignite.
I take this so my cannons get a few more seconds to deal damage before I die if the enemy goes for the kill. Usually it works great. The enemy champ see's you low on health and goes "ALL IN" for the kill, you pop this and dodge as much as you can, He dies, you stay alive.
Heal: Also a strong offensive spell for Heimer, used it before the new season works the same as the previus
Same applies for jungler ganks. It works better at top because usually they usually have to get close to deal damage and they deal damage over time. More on that will be explained later
The combo of both Flash and Heal will destroy anyone who goes all in at you
- Ignite - to secure a kill, more usefull on mid lane
- Exhaust - works the same as heal only heal is better for numerous reasons.
- Surge - didn't try but maybe it could work
- Ghost - also good for escape or for making enemy chase you around turrets I just
like flash better.
- Techmaturgical Repair Bots: nice little heal, mostly good for lower levels.
- H-28G Evolution Turret (Q): Places a cannon on the ground with improved abilities on each level. the turret will autoshoot the 1st target that comes in range but just like the tower, it will auto-target 1st champ to attack you.
The turrets can be used for so many things - Pushing, Defnese, Offense, Warding, you name it.
(1) 1 turret, no biggy
(2) Armor and Magic reistance redaction, can stack up to 50 but only lasts for 2 seconds
so u probably wont get more then 10 reaction, at low levels, thats alot.
(3) Second turret coming up
(4) Stronger health for your turret, its kinda good cause at this point enemy champs kill
them super fast
(5) Turret deals area effect, means it hits everything near the target - push lanes like
never before, will clear enemy team if they r stacked and ignore it.
- Hextech Micro-Rockets (W): fires 3 rockets at closest enemy targets. The good thing is that its long range and sure hit. The bad is that you cant use it if enemy is hiding behind hes minions so you have to either position yourself carefully, or kill minions which will make you push. In aerly game, only use it when you have a clear shot on the enemy champ, if you harvest with it, you will run out of mana in notime.
- CH-1 Concussion Grenade CH-1 Concussion Grenade (E): Another awsome ability, deals great damage, has nice range and can stun.
Stun will increase on every skill level which means you will get more free cannon shot time and also, more time to escape if needed. Don't forget, you need to directly hit in order to stun, which is not easy, but partial hit deals the same damage and blinds which is also good.
kinda long CD which sucks /:
- UPGRADE!!! (R): Everything you've got, but stronger. turrets will slow enemies, great to counter ganks, great for controlling team fights, great to destroy your enemies. You will also fire 5 rockets on pressing W which means its can hit all enemies in team-fights. The grande is significantly faster and there for easier to hit.
The squence here isn't as straigh on as with other champs.
Level 1 - H-28G Evolution Turret 1st for basic defense and for blue buff pull.
Level 2 - CH-1 Concussion Grenade because it deals good damage and beacuse you can use it to deny enemy laner from harvesting.
Level 3 - Hextech Micro-Rockets for harresment. you can take this second and CH-1 Concussion Grenade 3rd, np there.
Level 4,5 - 2 more points on H-28G Evolution Turret so you will have 2 of them at level 6 with the ulti
Level 6 - UPGRADE!!! - mostly for the passive CD actually.
then I basicly scale the Hextech Micro-Rockets cause its the easiest way to deal damage
but giving a point or 2 to CH-1 Concussion Grenade is also good because of the longer stun duration.
I would even say that if you become very good at throwing those charmers, you can scale them evenly with or even before the Hextech Micro-Rockets.
beyond level 3, you basicly need to improve H-28G Evolution Turret for team fights.
Heimer is great at harresing and bruising but not so great at getting kills. This is why in lane, you need to focus on 2 options:
The PUSH - Harres and when the enemy laner is low on life push hard to gather gold and exp faster then him, this way you will have the advantage later in the game, but you are risking getting ganked.
The BAIT - make yourself apear volnerable - take a little damage, place only 1 turret and wait for the enemy to take the bait. when he attacks go CH-1 Concussion Grenade > > > to secure the kill.
you might need to also use and/or in order to stay a live till enemy dies.
The idea here is start with 1st damage dealer, stun to give you time for rest of combo, second turret, ulti for slow so he cant run away and rockets to finish whatever health hes got left. usually, at this point, your health will be as low and theirs but they can't escape so they will keep going at ya till they die. that's where heal and flesh comes handy.
You can also change the combo into > > CH-1 Concussion Grenade] > .
This way, Your Slow from UPGRADE!!! combined with the extra speed for CH-1 Concussion Grenade will make it much easier to hit.
Both combos need some time to practice but after you get them right, your gonna be so happy
Placing 2 H-28G Evolution Turret in the lane will push very hard and will scare enemy champions from getting to close. It's great when you are pushing the enemies because it might hold off an enemy ganker and maybe even kill it if he gets to close. You might kill the enemy laner on lower level games but on higher levels, he will just go heal whenever he's low on health.
You can ans should use H-28G Evolution Turret to ward whenever you don't need them in lane.
You can ans should by wards even tho you have the turret - It will give you extra vision and this ward won't go away the next time you press Q.
- Tear of The Godess: Must have item so you can start spamming your Rockets. Just dont spam to much so you won't run out of mana.
Twin Ghosts: very usefull when fighting AP carries. The way I see it, the biggest flow on heimer is that it's very hard to initiate. many times the jungler comes for a gank, I try to get grande on but miss, the enemy runs and the gank fails. NO MORE! now when the jungler comes, just launch these babies for a slow, the jungler will catch up and so will you grande.
enemy dead... On the other way, when you get ganked, launch this drop a cannon and run to safty.
Also, the MR it gives is nice. This item can be sold at late game.
: Even more mana for spamming and a bit more AP. Later it
later on for a bit extra defence, use it.
- : kinda obvius isn't it? super AP damage to kill all.
: Another item built for heimer. nice amout of AP and armor and great active, some1 jumps at you, place a cannon or 2, activate and watch hes health melt away. Also great to use when you are focused on team-fights, which will happen, a-lot.
- : nice item for any AP carry, some good health buff, nice damage and your abilities slow enemies. this mean that 2 ++Scepter=Enemy barly moves...
[*] : I tried it a few times, in theory it should be awsome, spacially on team fights, but I didn't find it that usefull
[*] : You should take it always when fighting against AD champs. Gives fair defence and your overal Health regeneration will be really noticable now. Also, gives AP AND the ubbar minions are great for pushing the lane when heading back, when destroying a turret or when fighting enemy in lane. Use the active as much as you can.
[*] : Some more MR and some more AP, If the enemy team is heavy on AP champs. THE MR drop for the enemy is nice, but the Cannons reduce MR by themselves and you have to be close, so It's not the best Heimer item.
- I didn't add pictures for H-28G Evolution Turret placements and for sight ward placements. There are plenty of great guides that show you that.
I personally recommend this one: Your text to link here.... It's new, it's fresh and it's very comprehensive. GJ on that Vynertje, the credit is all yours...
Few things to know about farming.
- Turrets push, hard, so if you use them to farm, place them a bit farther back. this way they well kill only the closer minions.
- Don't use your abilities to farm early game. it's a waste of manna and you will push to quickly.
- Always try to last hit minions (this mean, attack when minion health is very low), its not easy with Heimer because he deals very low damage, but you have to learn how to do it.
- You can harres the enemy champ with you AA and spell while the turrets farm for you. This way you will either get some damage on him and you will also prevent him from last hitting minions. The economy deference will be to your advantage.
- You should place a turret or 2 in the lane when going back to help to shop or heal, they will keep feeding you with gold and will keep the lane pushed. place them according to need, If lane is free, place them closer to enemy tower (not within range). If enemy is there, place them closer to your tower some extra defense.
- Remember, you don't really need 2 turrets in order to farm,
In team fights, Heimer has advantages and disadvatages.
The biggest advatages are
- unlike most other AP champs that deal 1 massive damage and then become almost useless at CD time, with "H-28G Evolution Turret" you always deal a massive amount of damage. (as llong as they are not focused and killed)
- Once "H-28G Evolution Turret" reaches level 5, all you abilieies to multitarget damage which is bad news for the enemy team.
The biggest disadvantage is that you can't really aim you main abilities and the only ability that is aimable is kinda hard to hit.
What you do in team fight's is
place turrets at shooting range (be carefull not to get to close tho) and press R for the slow to take effect.
spam "Hextech Micro-Rockets" as much as possible and try to hit as many champs os possible with "CH-1 Concussion Grenade" You should try to stun a priority target.
The rest is for you to learn doring play time
+ 2 types of CC
+ great gank defense with [H-28G Evolution Turret] dont need ward wards at early game leaves you free to buy better starting items.
+ Nice AOE Slow with ulti at mid-late game.
+ Very easy to get assists.
+ heals everything including towers for no mana cost
+ punishes very hard if enemy overextends or tries to go for the kill
- mana dependenct leaves you starving for mana as support
- might accidently kill (you wanna leave the kills for the AD carry)
- the hard CC is a VERY hard to aim skillshot
- Hextech Micro-Rockets packs very little punch
- the heal is great at lower levels but scales down hard
Support dinger gets 21 on utility because he does need that extra manna, cooldowns and money
9 on defecnce for a bit more survivability, still, play safe...
pritty much the same, you can take [Greater Quintessence of Avarice] - I don't really have it so I didn't try it but I think it's even better cause of your do rely on items a bit to be effective and as support, money is always low.
Flash:As with AP heimer, mostly for escape, here, you shouldn't try to get a kill with this unless the enemy is super low sense you don't deal alot of damage.
Exhaust: Always a good support item. Use it when going for a kill along along with the enemy carry/jungler. Also usefull to use it on the enemy AD/AP carry, he is sure to be focused after you cast it. Also can be used when enemy enter's your turrets kill zone.
Clairvoyance is always a great support spell. Helps spot ganks and track the jungler.
- If the AD carry didn't get it, You should get it for a last sec save
- You shouldn't need it but if you spam abilities alot, then it might help. It will also restore the AD carry's manna or the team's manna on team fights.
There are a few things you need to know when plaing Suppoer Heimer:
- Altho you will sometimes get kills, YOU ARE NOT SOPPOSED to. The kills should go to the AD carry. This rule applies to any support but because of the nature of the frisky Heimer, it's needed to be said.
- You are not sopposed to kill minions also. You will ocationally kill one or two but you should try avoid it as much as possible as long as any other champ is in lane.
- H-28G Evolution Turret in lane will kill the minions and will push the lane which are to things you want to avoid. There for, H-28G Evolution Turret are used for warding and defence only.
You should place one turret in the brush on top of the lane. The other can be plcaed in the brush on top of your tower or not placed at all. You will planr the turrets as fast as you can when an enemy is coming to attack you or your carry.
Another possible place for the turret is at the bottom of the brush on the enemy side. This placement isn't so good because it might have enough range to get a minion or 2. Only use it if an enemy champ is harresing like Blitzcrank is harressing you alot.
- Mana Manipulator - Fair mana regeneration for you and your carry, you'll need it and the laner will thankyou for it also. I alow myself to take this without wards or pots because I use H-28G Evolution Turret instead of wards and Heimer got autoheal, just be carefull...
- Kage's Lucky Pick - GP +4 items are a must for support champs and this one is very cheap.
it gives your abilities a bit more punch.
- upgrade it to shard of true ice.
- rubby sightstone is kinda obvius - wards = money.
- Boots of Mobility will help you get whereever you need to go faster, will also help you ward the map faster. Warding the map is your primery objective at mid-late games.
- Banner of Command is nice cause it gives you a bit more ability power and tankiness and also extra heal for you and your ally. Don't forget to use the Ubber minion. when possible to push towers or to deal more damage to enemy champ
twin shadow a bit more ap and mr and nice slow + great brush check.
- Oracle's Elixir Is an item you should get somewhere in the middle (aproximatly before or after the Boots of Mobility. Use it to kill the enemy wards while warding yourself. just be extra carefull when you use it, It's expensive and you will loose it when you die.
- Sight Ward & Vision Ward are to be used all the time. If you need to choose between getting a few wards or an item, I usually prefer wards. They return their value in saving lives and preventing Baron.
Your role here is different then as AP. Your damage output is not so big so you need to concentrate on your CC. Place your H-28G Evolution Turret well and use UPGRADE!!!
aim your CH-1 Concussion Grenade to stun or atleast blind the AD carry, help allied champs to escape or prevent enemy champs from escaping...
Top tankier AP Bruiser Heimer
+ Great harvest with H-28G Evolution Turret.
+ loves early game jungler ganks. you will usually get a kill
+ [H-28G Evolution Turret] are awesome bruisers that will usually deal far more damage then any tank or off-tank you will face.
+ [H-28G Evolution Turret] can be used as damage dealing wards
+ scales very well with kills
+ auto-heal offers good lane survivability
+ If you play right, You will own all melee type champs
squashy and you will have to dodge well to survive
- pritty hard to kill heavy tanks champs, you will keep them low on health
- not so good against ranged solo champs
- Base armor is very low so untill you get some armor items, you are very squishy
- Some champs just counter him very hard
- worst haircut ever
Exactly the same as AP mid Masteries.
well I make him kinda half and half on damage and defence to make him tankier with nice punch.
Same as in AP mid only that it's even more importent here. You relay on living long enough for you turrets to do the kill.
There for, you need to utilize the Flash and Barrier combo to make this build work well.
Use H-28G Evolution Turret for harvest and defence
Use Hextech Micro-Rockets for harres
Use CH-1 Concussion Grenade to stun...
You can upgrade CH-1 Concussion Grenade a bit faster to get longer duration stuns.
NOT UPDATED TO SEASON 3 YET!!!
+ can leash on he's own with [H-28G Evolution Turret]
+ kinda fast jungle clear - took me aprox 3.15 min to clear first wave
+ fast as hell jungle clear after level 4 and can sustain forever.
+ if you gank right, you will have lots of fun
+ can gank from level 3
+ can jungle and gank at the same time with [H-28G Evolution Turret].
+ good counter jungler
- lower income is bad for our item dependent heimer
- relies HEAVILY on blue buff
- very hard to gank with
- easy to counter jungle him
- Probably won't work to well against OK+enemy team
Got Greater Mark of Ability Power because MP doesn't really effect the monsters
Got [*] Greathe Quintessense of Ability Power: for more AP damge obviuslly for faster clearing time and for better ganks early on. you can get Greater Quintessence of Movement Speed instead.
Creeping / Jungling
This isn't a jungling guide and therefor I won't be teaching how to jungle. There are great guides just for that. I also don't recommend this build for 1st time junglers cause it's a bit out of the ordinary.
This will teach you how to jungle with Hemier
Sequence is Obvious and there isn't room for change.
Ancient Golem --> Wolf Camp --> Wraith Camp --> Lizard Elder Camp --> Medium Golem Camp --> Wraith Camp --> Gank or recall.
at Level 1 - go straight to blue buff, place cannon on the Brush near it few cm up (hopefully a picture wil be uploaded soon). this way it won't pull.
If a champ pulls for you, great, let him, and let the turret do the work, if the golem attack you, just dodge. If it attacks the cannon, shoot it or whatever the cannon is shooting and replace the cannon just before it dies.
If for some reason, you don't have any1 to pull for you, NP place cannon at the same spot, and leash, shoot him once and dodge it until you can smite it. if needed, use ur heal potion.
Level 2 - get rockets (or grande, it don't matter to much and kill place cannon close 2 wolves.
it will start attacking and pulling them .focus big guy
same at wariths
next, go kill 2 golems using cannon for pull and your spell all the time. you are level 3, take whatever spell is left.
then go to the red buff. Use Hextech Micro-Rockets, place H-28G Evolution Turret
and then CH-1 Concussion Grenade to stun. Dodge the lizard until you can smite it.
after killing Lizard go to Wraith and your level 4 (get cannon upgrade) and you can gank
you can also go back 2 store to get boots + 1-2 manna potions + 1-2 wards
After level 6
hide in brush or whatever
don't run straight to target - run to where he will run off to so you will get in hes way. place a turret on that spot he's escape route
press R for ulti and then throw grande to stun him when he gets close to you (faster granade easier 2 hit) plant second turret., rockets to the head and AA till death.
You can use Ghost to catch him faster, so he dont escape.
1 tip - you have to aim the granade at where enemy is gonna be, you need a direct hit.
Don't throw it at where he is now cause you will only damage him at best.
It's easier to hit from close range.
after getting the [Boots of Mobility] this gets a lot easier, also, you have to get some practice on it.