Support - Lulu, the Fae Sorcer
Standard build order
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Threats to Lulu with this build
|Thresh||Thresh is incredibly easy to counter, you can just "W" whenever he attempts to all in on you and your adc. His short attack range allows you to poke from a distance comboing your "E" and "Q" to catch them by surprise.|
|Leona||The same thing apply for Leona and thresh. Make sure when she all ins on your adc you "W" the adc or her then "E" "Q" combo off your adc to return the damage.|
"Pleased to meet you" :D
In this guide i will teach you how to destroy lane with Lulu !
Pros / Cons
Pros / Cons
Flash Allows for a quick blink to a location. Flash is my, and many others goto summoner spell on any champion. Flash is pretty simple point and press F/D to travel a short distance quickly. Flash is good in any situation, allowing for a quick get away or a fast engage. I recommend flash on Lulu for two simple reasons: the ability to get away in a zippy and the ability to flash toward an ally to quickly save them and re-engage.
Exhaust Slows and reduces damage. Exhaust is a great summoner spell to take as a support. Exhaust allows for two things: a slow and damage reduction which can both be used for aggressive situations or defensive situations. Lets start with using exhaust aggressively. When going into a fight it is a good idea to exhaust the carry as they will be slowed and do less damage, this will make it easy to focus and kill them. defensively you can exhaust the carry while they are chasing you or engaging to disengage.
Heal Regains a portion of HP and gives movement speed Heal is a great ability for supports allowing you to heal back tons of health lost by both you and your adc. However most adc's already take heal as a summoner so I wouldn't recommend doubling up because two heals in quick secession are de-buffed and are not effective. the only time I would take heal would be if the team had no heal and required a little extra sustain otherwise pick exhaust.
Ignite Sets fire to the target slowly doing damage. Ignite is a summoner spell that is seen often on hard carries and mid laners, however it can be taken on support if you wanted to go for a more aggressive lane. Ignite is useful for finishing off the enemies when you abilities cant get to them. In fights i recommend igniting the adc while you kill them to prevent health regen as ignite negates that.All in all only take ignite if you are playing aggressive as it has no defensive effects.
Greater Seal of Health
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Mark of Precision
Greater Glyph of Mana Regeneration
Greater Quintessence of Armor
- Greater Quintessence of Attack Speed: As vayne you need the extra attack speed so that you are getting your silver bolt stacks as fast as possible.
- Greater Mark of Attack Damage: As an ADC it is key that you take some early base damage so that you can win the trades against your opponent.
- Greater Glyph of Magic Resist: This magic resist is usually to deal with any of the spells that the supports may throw your way and give you the edge in combat.
- Greater Seal of Armor: Always make sure you have armour in your runes. As an adc you will need to be maximizing your defense as most of your items do not give you much.
NEW MASTERIES COMING EXTREMELY SOON. (was having trouble with the images). Check the summary up top for now. ;) x
Pix, Faerie Companion (PASSIVE)
PASSIVE:Whenever Lulu or the allied target of Help, Pix! attacks an enemy (excluding structures and wards), Pix fires a barrage of 3 homing bolts toward the same target that deal 3 / 7 / 11 / 15 / 19 / 23 / 27 / 31 / 35 (+ 5% AP) magic damage each to the first enemy they each hit, for a maximum possible 9 / 21 / 33 / 45 / 57 / 69 / 81 / 93 / 105 (+ 15% AP) magic damage.
- Pix is quite small and hard to see so use this to your advantage when setting up for poke.
- Taking the hybrid penetration runes mentioned earlier will greatly increase your overall AA damage.
- Avoid getting too carried away with your AAs as you might find yourself in a dangerous position.
ACTIVE: Lulu and Pix each fire a magic bolt towards a target direction, dealing magic damage and Slow icon slowing enemies hit by 80%, decaying over the duration.
- Glitterlance can be fired from different angles. With practice you can get your cursor in the right position to fire two bolts in two completely different directions catching the enemies off guard
- When poking take note that your glitterlance bolts will only damage the enemy once. However, you can angle them properly to hit the target twice resetting the slow duration.
- Combo your "E" with your glitterlance to get some good angles on the enemy and to also get your bolts closer if they are holding back.
ACTIVE – ALLY CAST: Target allied champion gains 30% (+ 10% per 100 AP) movement speed for a few seconds
ACTIVE – ENEMY CAST: Disarm,Silence and Polymorph an enemy champion for a short duration, disabling their ability to attack or cast abilities and Slows reducing their base movement speed by 60
- Most people don't know but whimsy is actually a projectile and can be blocked by windwall and such. Whimsy has a cast time so take that into consideration.
- Using whimsy on yourself while you have boots and masteries will make you go incredibly quick so this can be good for escaping and moving around the map very very quickly.
- When taking objectives such as turrets, barons and dragons make sure you keep your whimsy up encase the enemy jungler or someone hard enages to stop you.
Help, Pix! (E)
ACTIVE – ALLY CAST: Commands Pix, Faerie Companion.png Pix to jump to an ally. If the ally is a champion, they will receive a shield that lasts for up to 6 seconds. Additionally, Pix will then follow the ally and aid their attacks instead of Lulu's for 6 seconds.
ACTIVE – ENEMY CAST: Pix deals magic damage to target enemy unit. Pix then follows and grants True vision of them for 4 seconds.
- When starting a teamfight use Pix on a friendly adc to increase the damage of her auto attacks.
- Using Help, Pix! before a champion such as Vayne uses her ultimate and tumbles should reveal her for the entire duration. This means you can focus her easier during fights.
- Before your enemy enters a bush cast your "E" on them as it will reveal them even when they are out of sight
Wild Growth (R)
ACTIVE: Lulu enlarges a target allied champion giving them bonus health and knocking up enemies within 150-range of the target for 1.5 seconds. The ally also gains an aura that continually slows nearby enemies for as long as they remain in range. This aura lasts for 7 seconds.
- Using your ult as soon as Malhpite ults can mean it may cancel out your own effects. Wait until the other CC has finished before using yours.
- Wasting your ult can mean certain death if you don't have much CC on your team. Save your ult for when a champion such as Malzahar, Warwick or Katarina ults to cancel them immediately.
- If you are low just using your ult will increase your hp. This can be useful if you need to keep helping out but you are too low to be in the fights.
|Frost Queen's Claim is your basic early game gold income and AP. I recommend buying spellthief's edge first to build into frost queens claim as soon as you finsih buying your core items.|
|When it comes to picking boots I would definitely go with mobility boots as you will be super speedy running between lanes however all boots are situational so it is up to you.|
|Mikael's Crucible is one of the two core items. Always build this as Lulu has no heal so you will need it to save your team mates. Buy this item second or third based on the situation and how much gold you have.|
Spellthief's Edge should be your first item in nearly all situations. Taking this first gives you this early ap and gold which works incredibly well with your passive allowing for triple effects because of Pix! I will discuss the pros and cons of buying Spellthief's Edge against buying Ancient coin later below.
Health Potions are essential on every single champion. I don't think I have played a game of League of Legends where I have not bought potions. Invest in at least two health pots otherwise you will need to back if you lose a trade and your health.
Warding Totems are a ward that you can take from the shop for free that can be usable every two minutes. However if you do not coordinate with your team-mates this alone will not be enough to cover all the warding spots early game so I recommend also starting a Stealth Ward to help out with that vision.
First Back Items
Sightstone is the must have support item especially early game so definitely buy this item no matter what. As a support it is your job to ward around your lane (early game) and the whole map (later on) to prevent being caught out unexpectedly. Sightstone will grant you four wards and will refill per/ back. Warding is a priority so Sightstone allows you to save crazy amounts of gold which you can spend on other items.
Boots of Speed are a priority after buying Sightstone. Boots will help speed you up before you buy your upgrades. Buying boots can give you that little bit more map control with faster warding, speedier roams and fabulous chase for kills.
Sweeping Lens should replace warding totem always after buying Sighstone. Replacing warding totem will allow you to control the enemy wards alot easier and prevent them getting vision on jungle ganks etc. When late game comes (after level 9) upgrade you sweeping lens to Oracles Lens, This will greatly help with clearing larger areas alot faster,
Ruby Sightstone is the upgrade to Sightstone giving you one extra ward and 400 health which can be a massive help if your wards are being cleared or you are just simply running out.
Mikael's Crucible is my favourite support item as it has so many uses. Mikael's item is like a target-able QSS allowing for the support to stop the CC and Heal a huge chunk. This helps peel the enemy off your squishy targets and shuts down hard engage champions with lots of CC.
Boots of Mobility are the best boots to get on most supports. Movement speed when outside of combat is increased so this is incredibly effective for getting A to B in a zippy, roaming, warding and ganking.
Mercury's Treads are quite expensive however they offer many benefits which can help out quite a bit. I wouldn't recommend if you are behind. Mercury's Treads give fantastic magic resist and tenacity which allow you to negate some of that hard AOE that could come from the enemy mid laner.
Ninja Tabi are pretty much the armour equivalent to Mercury's Treads. Although no tenacity is given you are given 10% block to all incoming auto attacks which can be good for the early game AAs from the enemy adc. This is just a suggestion and boot buys are completely up to the player.
Morellonomicon should only be bought in a situation where you are winning. With allot of AP and cool down reduction it can really help Lulu's kit. Morellonomicon has a fantastic passive that applys grievous wounds on enemies, this greatly reduces their healing and using it on the AD carries will prevent half of their life steal which can be great if you are trying to shut-down a fed vayne.
Ardent Censer is a fantastic item if you are looking for lots of utility. Ardent Censer provides perfect AP and CDR however i wouldn't recommend stacking more than two CDR items it stops at 40%. Another great thing about this item is that it buffs all your utility abilities, your shield will shield more, your whimsy will last longer and your ult will increase even more health.
Athene's Unholy Grail is pretty much the equivalent to Morollomonicon however it gives magic resist and lots of mana regen. The only time i would recommend buying Athene's is when you are extremely ahead and it is purely up to you and your preference. Athene's works well with Lulu's mana consumption as it helps regen it alot faster.
Randuin's Omen is a great item for armour and utility. Its especially effective when it comes to preventing hard assassin dives as you can completely ruin their burst with the active effect. Randuin's is also makes great peel for your adc with the slow effect. This item should only be taken when in serious need of armour.
Frozen Heart much like Randuin's Omen provides quite a bit of armour. However instead of health the Frozen Heart provides quite a large amount of mana. The problem with this is that you most likely wont need that mana due to your other items and it will be wasted. Frozen Heart has one last trick it has an aura that reduces the attack speed of nearby enemies.
Banshee's Veil would always be my goto magic resist if you needed any. Banshee's Veil has a unique active which gives you a spellshield every 30 seconds allowing you to avoid many ranged skill shots. Banshees Veil can be that life saver especially during the late game where your life can turn the game at any time and getting caught by a stun could end your promos.
1. Make sure everything is warded. Warding is just basic supporting and wards are what win games. This is why warding is my number one tip to remember when playing Lulu and any other support as it will save your life countless times from enemy roams and jungle ganks. Although this is quite brief i will go into more in depth warding scenarios later on in the guide.
2. Utilise your crazy poke potential. As mentioned numerous times throughout this guide make sure to always be poking in lane as it is one of the best things about Lulu. With medium AA range higher than most adc's Lulu is able to poke from a distance without taking much damage in return. Chaining Q's and AA's can lead to some serious damage that will be sure to drive your enemies insane and out of lane. One thing to note however, make sure you always have a clear view of your surroundings before you go to poke because a well timed Blitzcrank hook or a Nami bubble could leave you burning your flash or even dying. moral of the story : never overextend.
3. Never waste your mana A developing Lulu player sees how good Lulu's poking potential is and goes straight in for the poke every time the adc gets too close. This strategy will give you a big advantage due to the fact that the enemies will be on low health however it leaves you no options if something goes wrong. When laning as Lulu it is recommended that you always keep a close eye on your mana as it could come in handy for setting up ganks or escaping them. As Lulu always keep around 350 mana conserved just encase you get into some serious trouble.
4. Utilise you jungler's gank potential When playing Lulu you want to get your adc fed as soon as possible as come late game this will become increasingly more difficult. Use Lulu's fantastic kit to your advantage when it comes to jungle ganks as it will allow you to chase down the enemy bot lane with speed up and slows. If it comes to diving Lulu has a shield and an ult that increases maximum hp making it easier to dive and survive.
1. Always protect the carry/carries in the fight. when it comes to playing Lulu you have one of the best kits in the game for protecting yourself and your team which is a must if you want to win those big fights. Protecting your carries has a couple of major points which you must keep in mind and utilise to successfully keep them killing and failure to do so will leave them dead and your team raging at you.
- Use your ultimate correctly. This is the main factor that I see so many Lulu players doing wrong. They go into a fight and instantly ult the first person who is going to die or even themselves, which in most situations will lead to your entire team getting destroyed because you didn't protect your tank or save your carry. First thing you want to do before the fight even begins is decide who you are going to wild growth (this will depend on how you want to shape this teamfight). You have two main options when it comes to ulting either ult your initiator for extra knock-up and health or you can save an assassin or peel for a carry when they are completely mobbed.
- Save your abilities for enemy assasins. In alot of situations the enemy team has an assassin like Zed or Rengar who can completely one shot your carries before you can say the word "pop!" so you need to save abilities like Whimsy for dire times where you need to shut down the assassin before they shut down your team.