Lux Build Guide by Kiimochii
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
PLEASE DO NOT VOTE ME DOWN JUST YET! I WILL BE ADDING ON A LOT OF INFORMATION EVERY DAY! :)
Skittle Yummy Pros, and M&M Bitter Cons!
- Long range, which means shes a PERFECT counter against someone like Karthus
Amazing AP Ratios.
Amazing Cooldowns (24 second cool down on Finales Funkeln? Tell me that's not sexy ;))
Fun, and stylish escape skills!
The queen of assists! Just throw a Prismatic Barrier at an enemy crowd and BAM! 5 assists, and if you're fed, you know the deal... ;)
Her Lucent Singularity cool down now starts ticking the moment you throw it!
Lux is a VERY squishy champion. Get CC'ed and your pretty much gone.
Her Light Binding takes some skill and aiming to get it down.
It takes some practice to land your Illumination auto attacks
between your spells, but you will get it down!
If shut down by another mid, you will be very behind and screwed the whole match.
Sorcery - Lux always needs cool down reduction to be able to spam Finales Funkeln right? (:
Arcane Knowledge - What AP carry doesn't need Magic Penetration? This little baby mixed with runes will be perfect for you and those snobby Magic Resistance stackers!
Blast - Every AP needs every little bit of AP they can get, especially early game! This will do just that . :)<
Summoner's Insight - For that reduced 15 seconds on Flash. This is a must!
Expanded Mind - Lux NEEDS that extra mana. What if an enemy is running and you have BARELY enough mana to Finales Funkeln?
Meditation - For that extra regen that will go with your runes. (:
Now I will be talking about what runes and what different kinds of runes you should get with Lux.
Greater Mark Of Insight: : Since I usually get Ionian Boots of Lucidity for my boots, you would of course want to have some magic penetration on ya, right?. These runes do just that. If you decide that you want to go with Sorcerers Shoes, you can switch these runes with any other kind you prefer! Lux has gerat varieties, mana regen, flat ap, ap/level, anything you want!
Greater Seal of Replenishment Greater Seal of Replenishment:: These seals are just wonderful when your in the laning phase. If you decide to start with a Doran's Ring, these two will match just right together! If you decide to go Boots of Speed, be sure to buy at least two Doran's Ring on your first port back, and preferably along with your Boots.
Cleanse: Grab this if you notice right off the bat that the enemy team has TONS of CC (Crowd Control). Though you are Lux and you are supposed to just stay in the back of the fight and burst them off, if you're fed you will be their first option. Cleanse + Flash + Q outa there!.
Illumination: The BEST passive that you can mix with Lich Bane. With the amount of ability power you will have by the time you grab your Lich Bane you will be auto attacking a quarter or more of their life! ;).
Colorful Core Items!
- Well, it's pretty simple. Ionian Boots of Lucidity for your movement and Cool down reduction.
- Rabadon's Deathcap For your 140 ability power plus the 30% it gives you as passive. As you all know, a standard item for ALL AP carries.
- Lich Bane Magic Resist, Movement Speed, Ability Power, and a sexy passive all in one item. Auto attacks with Lich Bane will deal TONS of damage once you get your core done.
Other Items (Situational)
Yummy Tips and Tricks!
- Your E> Lucent Singularity cool down time ticks the moment you throw it, which means you can slow enemies (or face check) without having to wait till the WHOLE cooldown is back up again. I LOVE this change they made to her, and it makes more sense for her to have it.
- Your Q > Light Binding snares TWO people, which means if you are getting chased by 2 people, just throw them a Q and an E to snare and slow them, and you will escape with a ;) on your face.
- Your R > Finales FunkelnFinales Funkeln now reveals VISION of the line she shoots it at. This gives you more utility as Lux, and you can actually see how close you were to killing that ugly enemy -_-.
Fantastic Early Game <3.
- Harassing with your Lucent Singularity and your Illumination auto attacks.
- Farm! Farm! Farm! How many times should I say this, farm! Trust me, it matters on lux. Levels 1-6 farm with your auto attacks. Levels 6+ (whenever your lane is done) your jungler should give you blue. Once you have blue, you can EASILY farm with your Lucent Singularity and your passive.
- You should also be RUNNING to your jungler if the other teams jungle decides to counter jungle him. The moment you see a ping and you see him in a fight with the enemy team jungler, when I say run, I mean run to him. Throw a shield at him to save him and snare the other jungler, and possibly even kill them. Your jungler will walk away thanking you greatly. Also, if you cannot (for whatever reason) get there in time, just shoot a laser at the jungler (you should be close enough if THEY are the ones in YOUR jungle) and just pray your jungler can take them down with the damage from it.