Lulu Build Guide by Countpuchi
Mastery Tree Is Outdated
WARNING: These masteries are still using the old tree and have not been updated to the new tree by the guide author. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hello, this will be my first guide on Mobafire :))
First and foremost I would like to say the new champion Lulu the Fae Sorceress is one of my favorite hero at the moment. By far of all the support/ad build-able champion, she is the most fun to play with right now and She has the best utility in game, decent harass with her Glitterlance and annoying foes with her Whimsy & Wild Growth. The content in this guide is to guide you on what i think is viable for both Draft and Normal games. You can switch it around for normal either going full or using the semi build.
P.S This guide isnt about Lulu being able to kill alot of heroes but to assist your team in such a way where you will be able to support yet dish out dmg along the way.
Replays was hard to include due to the outtage on League Replay's site. But now its back up do enjoy it ^_^ .
*Post Nerfs* -=After the nerfs from Varus till Darius Patch, the build is still viable and optimum efficiency. Regardless she is still strong as a support and it is still fun going mid or solo top with her (Her pokes are still annoying and good thank god). Shes just that awesome, and you know when a character is awesome when theres alot of hate for em :)
*P.S: As of now, there haven't been any buffs for her nor any changes, Her build is consistent and doubt there will be any major change for now*
P.S Keep on enjoying for all those Suppordle players out there! Show em why Lulu is awesome!
Before we start, enjoy this cute comic by PLASISM. He made this for League of Legend Garena Comic competition. Forum name : Geminiplus
-=Pros / Cons=-
+ Decent Harass Glitterlance
+ Decent HP
+ Useful Speed Buff and Slowing down Enemies using Whimsy
+ Fast Attack speed and low cd on skills
+ Good at saving People/Herself with Wild Growth & [Help, Pix!
- Drains alot of Mana if played too aggressive especially from Whimsy and Help, Pix!
- Too Cute
- Hard to farm creeps early game
- Always getting early rapes/ganks/ambushed from Junglers
- Did i mention shes too cute?
For her masteries, I decided to go 8/1/21
Summoner's Resolve - 1 point here is to help boost up your Heal spell by 10%. Thats alot when your tank is low on health >:).
Expanded Mind Meditation - Lulu is quite mana costly when spamming her skills. This helps alot to ease the problem.
Greed Wealth - Since you wont have as high gold income as your ad/ap carries this combined with Heart of Gold & Philosopher's Stone keeps you up with your item build.
Awareness - Who doesn't like EXP. The higher the better >:)
Scout - Warding can turn into Map Hacking!
- Greater Quintessence of Cooldown Reduction: Cooldown reduction is your friend.
- Greater Quintessence of Gold: 1 G/10 seconds. An extra gold combined with Philosopher's Stone and Heart of Gold goes a long way to help getting the desired build.
- Greater Mark of Attack Speed: This may or may not be useful depending on how you see it, however i believe that Lulu has a great poking range with her Glitterlance and normal attacks. Even if it might not do almost nothing in mid to late game, early game harassment shall be super for your carry to farm in peace and who knows he might Flash in and get the double kill.
- greater glyph of replenishment: Lulu the cutie has always been a very mana hungry character if played really aggressive especially the start of the game. Regardless having some mana regen wont hurt you one bit. Even at mid to late games she can still find herself in need of mana to disable/save people.
- Greater Seal of Armor: She is squishy, why not make her harder? We want sustainability during laning and if you can stay as long as you can fret not, gold wont be a problem anymore(assist, cs, kills).
Recommended Summoner Spells
Optional Summoner Spells
- For this, either you want to rescue a tower in dire need of help from advancing enemy creeps OR you want to rejoin your group ASAP at the front line. Its give and take, preferable id take Flash than Teleport for better survivability but juking with Teleport around the map with Sight Ward in bushes would be awesome too.
I wont be discussing the other summoner spells as i deem it useless on Lulu
- God i love her Glitterlance, it has good poke and pretty good dmg at lvl one. But the reason why you want to max it early is because you want that extra dmg from the skill to get the enemy hp down in group fights and chasing enemy down with its Slow properties.
- Whimsy, how shall i describe this skill... Without a doubt though its usage will make you survive a gank, or change the tide by disrupting the enemies carry heroes long enough for your allies to kill them first. Kill or be killed >:)
- Help, Pix!, Really... seriously... HELP!!! With the ability to stick on to the enemy and spy on em. You can also give armor(for longevity) on your ad/dps chars and with the passive it will be a mixture of both AD/ap dmging your enemies to oblivion.
- Your Ultimate!. Words cant describe the wonder of this skill. This is your 2nd disabling skill, and most effective when used during a group fight. Most group fights people will ignore the tank so in my opinion giving this buff to your carry or bruisers will be better unless your have Shen in your party (the only tank who is a good choice for Wild Growth at lvl 6 during ganks.)
CORE ITEMS DRAFT MODE
- These items will make your Hit Points go up and increased your chances of surviving insane 5v5 fights.
- Skill's Cooldown from Shurelya's Reverie.
- 40% Movement speed from Shurelya's Reverie to chase down running enemies.
- Increased Attack speed from Zeke's Herald & 12% Lifesteal for allies <3.
- Health Increase from Shurelya's Reverie & Locket of the Iron Solari.
- 230 shield boost and 15 HP regen from Locket of the Iron Solari. Group fights will be a breeze with the added help from Heal Help, Pix! Wild Growth.
EARLY GAME ITEMS
MID GAME ITEMS
- Philosopher's Stone -> Shurelya's Reverie
- Heart of Gold -> Locket of the Iron Solari <-- if you have this midgame, that means your getting sufficient gold from assist from ganks *and maybe lucky kills along the way* and CS
- Sight Ward <--- consider it the legit and legal map hack when used correctly
- Boots of Speed -> Boots of Mobility <-- Lets face it, CD reduction at 36% is great and i think Moblity gives alot more speed to move around to plant Sight Ward with the help of Whimsy. Other boots you can use depending on the game are Mercury's threads or Ninja Tabi
- Zeke's Herald -> should have in between transition of midgame to lategame.
OPTIONAL ITEMS LATE GAME 5th & 6th ITEM
- Randuin's Omen - For this item, if you still need the extra HP/Armor, this is the best item to go for your 6th item.
- Abyssal Scepter - Imagine a game where the enemies are having alot of AP resist, fret not! This item to the rescue with its ability to reduce mag resist by 20%
- Aegis of the Legion - Game going well? well then secure it by getting this cheap bastard. Not only it boost your hero, but it will also boost your ally with 12 armor, 15 Mag resist and additional 8 dmg increase.
- Banshee's Veil - Getting cc'ed alot by the enemy to disrupt you? Then get this lil jiffy. It will block atleast 1 spell per 45 second. Disrupting a game changing stun/slow/throw will increase your chances for survival.
- Will of the ancient - Kennen needing extra ap to dish out dmg? fear not this thing can give him a whopping 30 ability power for your ally and 20% spell vamp
- Hextech Gunblade - If you suck at using Glitterlance, then get a gunblade! not only u get lifesteal, you can also dish out a one time 300dmg on the enemy + slowing them. Cool eh?
- Rylai's Crystal Scepter - Winning the game and want to increase your ap so that you can kill with glittlerlance?
- Rod of Ages - Best get early game actually but this item takes alot of time since it cost alot, but if u can farm early on mana wont be an issue anymore
CORE ITEMS NORMAL MODE SEMI BUILD
- Attack speed and AP/AD Increase from Guinsoo's Rageblade.
- Only difference in this build is that instead of getting Locket of the Iron Solari mid game, you will be getting the Guinsoo's Rageblade first.
EARLY GAME ITEMS
MID GAME ITEMS
NOTE: End game items will be the same with the core build for Draft mode with the added point that you can select your 6th item with the options suggestion above.
Great champions to lane with LuLu at Bottom
Phew finally have the time to update the guide. Here will be a list of champions that can be great with Lulu at bottom lane (albeit it will be my own list of preferred champs while not being too biased for Rank games)
Great Harassing Partners
Lots of coordination needed but viable
-=Warding Routes & Position=-
Routes to take and where to lay the smaketh down for the wards
P.S Disable Adblock if u cant see the pictures
Comment and Critics would be welcomed and don't forget to UpVote if you liked it but please please tell me the reason if your going to downvote this as i would like to learn more >:)
As always, have fun! and less Rage quit!
Lulu Solo-Top(AD-Carry)/Jungle (Updated To Season 3!!)
Lulu - Solo Top Reference UPDATED SEASON 3
Lulu, Queen of the League
By The Existance
Lulu In Death!!!!??