Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

MOBAVERSE Gallery

Creator: JEFFY40HANDS January 7, 2012 11:50am
4126 posts - page 146 of 413
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2012 6:12am | Report
I thought the more prominent white border matched his white blood stained smock/sheet thing ^^ And thanks <3 But the others like the 2nd version more, so it's probably better to keep to the majority vote :P
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2012 6:17am | Report
^I still got both of them so it's kay. Also, it's wayne's choice since it is his signature :P
Nyoike
<Member>
Nyoike's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2012 6:54am | Report
Nyoike wrote:

Been a while since I made something, I tossed this together pretty quickly, but I'm pretty pleased with it:

CnC?

*cough cough*
To be updated soon!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2012 7:05am | Report
Ny: I like the high contrast of the image and the background, but I really dislike the text. It's probably fine placement (maybe the other side of the sword would be better?), but the font choice doesn't fit with the style. Nor does the mono-tone colour. Have you tried using clipping masks?

♡ sig by me ♡
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2012 7:10am | Report

Looks really nice Nyoike. Although the text is kinda, well 'hidden', if you know what I mean. I love the bright cartoonish colours.

Just post it again then...
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2012 9:49am | Report
what gmd said, you could add a small border (stroke, is it?) around the text
Nyoike
<Member>
Nyoike's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2012 5:15pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

Ny: I like the high contrast of the image and the background, but I really dislike the text. It's probably fine placement (maybe the other side of the sword would be better?), but the font choice doesn't fit with the style. Nor does the mono-tone colour. Have you tried using clipping masks?

I tried Clipping Masks before, but when I try to choose where to take it from, it is normally either too hidden or too prominent. And for font I really don't have much that fits styles, normally just heavy font will fit sigs if blended properly IMO. As for placement I was going with Rule of 3rds, generally looks better when focal points and important things go along with the rule of 3rds.

Just post it again then...

I saw yours but I was hoping for more than just 1 person's CnC. I find the text easy to find, when I look at Tryn I follow the flow of his hair and then BAM I see the text.

Quoted:

what gmd said, you could add a small border (stroke, is it?) around the text

That is a stroke, and I could try it, but a general rule of thumb is that strokes are bad for text.
To be updated soon!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2012 5:32pm | Report
Additionally, I think the text should be the other way - like:

N
Y
O
I
K
E

Try a clipping mask or a lighter colour, get rid of the drop shadow and set the opacity lower. Also, change the font to something swirly. You've got a block font when the image is all about flow and smooth lines.

I've found through experimentation that drop shadows are normally all bad on most signatures.

Quick example (though if the text is this way, a block text would work):

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
Arcana3
<Altruistic Artist>
Arcana3's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2012 6:49pm | Report
So uh, made this for my friend the other day... Ik her name is just silly xD But I made her this banner... Can I get some feedback?
Oh yeah, here is the link to her stories btw if anyone is interested
http://friskykittystories.tripod.com/
Thanks to everyone that has made me a sig!

Lacorpse JhoiJhoi Missmaw Xiron Xiao Kat CM Nameless Tinystar Me

Feel Free to +rep if I helped you out
Nyoike
<Member>
Nyoike's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2012 7:51pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

Additionally, I think the text should be the other way - like:

N
Y
O
I
K
E

Try a clipping mask or a lighter colour, get rid of the drop shadow and set the opacity lower. Also, change the font to something swirly. You've got a block font when the image is all about flow and smooth lines.

I've found through experimentation that drop shadows are normally all bad on most signatures.

Quick example (though if the text is this way, a block text would work):

Better?

The problem I have with text like that is that you cannot fit as much. I decided to go with just "nyo", I tried clipping mask and stroke, and it works, but it's 2 ways I was told to never put text on sigs. As for fonts, I really don't have much in the line that would fit this, I went for one that I thought kind of did.
To be updated soon!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide