Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Nocturne - The CritKing

Creator: Xiron May 12, 2011 9:54am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Xiron
<Editor>
Xiron's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 12, 2011 9:54am | Report
Hello everyone!

Right after I joined this Community I made a Guide for my favorite Champion. Easy to guess that it's Nocturne.

I just wanted to ask you if you want to take a look at the Guide and tell me what u're thinking 'bout it.
And I'd love 2 see some ratings because more than 500 ppl read my Guide already (which is very much I think) but no one rated it.

Also you could say me what u think about the pictures I used in the Guide (in "Introduction" and "Closing Words").

Because I'm from Germany (and English isn't my mother tongue) the Guide could contain some weird senteces. Also I don't know if it's allowed 2 open such a Thread. I read the rules but I saw another Thread presenting once Guide.
I hope it's not too bad if it's not allowed. Just send me a PM and delete this Thread.
Thank you.

Last but not least I wanted 2 ask if there is a way to put words (or pictures) in the center of the page (like the first two words in this Thread).

Edit:

I changed very much; so make sure to read it again.

Thanks to Keondre!

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 12, 2011 10:34am | Report
It's bad. Not voting down.
Reach level 30 and over about 300wins. THEN make a guide. Until then use guides of players who have done it.

Here's the best Nocturne guide out currently. Made by TheOddOne. He's a professional player.
Google has a job title called "Head of Black Community Engagement"..
I don't know whether to cry or laugh.. or both.
Xiron
<Editor>
Xiron's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 12, 2011 11:07am | Report
At first I want to thank you for your answer.
Now I'm telling you that other (good) players told me that this Guide is pretty sweet. Maybe it needs a special kind of playing style or something like that.
I tried lots of Guides. Than I tried one and I had my best game since I was playing LoL. But I tried a little bit, using different Items and so on, and I found a better way beating down your enemys.
Also I don't think you need to be level 30 to create a good Build. You just need to collect experiences by playing your Champion. And thats exactly what I did.

If you want to I can upload a video showing some fighting scenes. And if you take a look at my last matches mostly I got more than 15 kills - against RL-Players.

But thanks anyway.
Thanks to Sevinho!

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 12, 2011 12:56pm | Report
You really should go with builds that more experienced players put up. They know sooo much more about the game than you do.

Really.. It's obvious that you aren't level 30 since you're using Heal (which is a BAD spell) and not getting Mercury's Treads on a melee carry. Both those things are kinda basic.

Be ignorant if it makes you happy, but I am trying to help you get better here..
""Toshabi took thy **** and strucketh Hotshot in his face 'thou art no god'" Toshabi 3:16" - Toshabi

"And then, TheJohn said something so Brazilian that it made all the Brazilians in Brazil turn to look at him" - Toshabi

"abloobloo ur triggering me" - Toshabi
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2011 2:08am | Report
Sorry, but I have to agree with Searz on this one.

Here are some tips I can give you:

As he said, be very experienced with the champion. I know you think level has nothing to do with it, but it does: you played how many games to get to that level? 50? I doubt those are all Nocturne ones, and ESPECIALLY when you first started I doubt you know most of the game mechanics to play him properly.

Nocturne is an AD carry that can be easily CCed and shut down in team fights, and as such, you should take at least flash, if not flash and ghost, to get out of there. Also consider Tenacity items and, if you are jungling, take smite and flash. Especially with Nocturne's passive ( Umbra Blades which gives extra AD and splash damage and heal every few hits (or 10 seconds), you do not need heal: ESPECIALLY if you also are getting a bloodthirster, you have enough ways to heal and lifesteal. THere are so many better spells for Nocturne: even Rally (gives extra AD) is better than Heal for him. (Don't actually take Rally.)

Stacking Phantom Dancers isn't always as beneficial as it may seem, as for that price, another item with different stats, say armor pen, may be more useful...especially if it has an active ( Youmuu's Ghostblade is a great example of this kind of item to get on him. Also, getting Warmogs THAT late means most of the game, if you even GET to that point, you will be very squishy, and you won't have much time, if any at all, to farm the Warmogs.

Also, if you get a Warmog's, and you are AD, you generally want to get an Atma's Impaler, which gives some more survivability as well as AD for your health. Very nice item.

Your masteries aren't right. Why did you increase Exhaust benefits if you don't have exhaust? Also, for melee champions in general, I would recommend putting the 4/4 in Alacrity and 3/4 in Sorcery, especially since you aren't learning the extra magic pen.

Your runes aren't right. I would recommend checking this out, it may help. But basically, different types of runes have different strengths. To save time, I will copy what it says on that guide on different runes:

Marks: penetration, attack speed, critical dmg/chance and AD.

Seals: HP, dodge, armor and regeneration (mana-reg too!).

Glyphs: CDR, AP, MR and mana.

Quintessences don't have any secondary runes. They're all primary.
Though there are utility runes only availible in quints. Those are +1,5%movespeed, +2%exp gain, +1gold/10sec and -5%time spent dead. They work with most champs but are rarely needed. The MS quints are the only ones I'd recommend getting.

Those are the strengths of each rune.

Getting the same stat from each rune will make some less effective than others, and also, mixing different rune types will decrease the effect of each, whereas you could have an increased effect in one (for instance your Marks, 3 of the Greater Mark of Furor have more of an effect than 9 of the Greater Glyph of Furor).

And, you generally NEVER want to get Critical DAMAGE runes. You want to get critical STRIKE runes. The extra damage from crits with your runes will be about an extra 20%...don't get me wrong, this isn't a bad deal, but wouldn't you rather have more AD so that your crits hit for more anyway, and even your basic attack when you DON'T crit? Wouldn't you rather have more armor pen so that your attacks do ANYTHING to tanks and offtanks? Crit STRIKE runes allow you, right from the first minute of the game, to land a possible crit without even getting Brawler's Gloves, and increase the chance early through late game of you critting, and have even a more drastic effect early game since you won't have much crit chance, if any, without them, so in your case, you won't even be able to crit (ignoring masteries, however with masteries you will have a measly 2% crit chance at the start) until you build the Cloak of Agility from your Infinity Edge.

Plus, in masteries, you got increased crit damage, and Infinity Edge gives you more crit damage too -- more is DEFINITELY not needed.

I hope I could help :)

Just remember, try to learn the mechanics and other things of the game more before trying your guide: I doubt many level 30s will learn much from a 15. Not trying to be offensive, just stating the truth.

If you continue to play the game, by the time you are 30, a lot of the things I just told you, if I didn't, you might have figured out on your own anyway. The game has a steep learning curve, you just need to learn everything. It takes time and practice :)

EDIT: HOLY **** I WROTE A LOT.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Xiron
<Editor>
Xiron's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2011 3:39am | Report
Thanks guys ;-)

But -as I said in the Guide 2- I don't know Runes very good. And thats why I copied them from the other Guide which gave me the idea to make a Guide like this.

And I'm only using Heal cause I am buying Doran's Shield at first Item so I can't get any Health Potion.

And as I told you above I'm doin pretty well using my Guide. I just wanted to show ppl that there is another way of playing.

It's right that I'm very vulnerable in the first game minutes. But during the late game I just need 2 beat the enemy Champ 4 times (which is very easy with an attack speed of 2.172) and he's history -at least the next 50 seconds or so.
Thanks to leipetaco!

wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2011 3:40am | Report
Well, don't. Bad runes are bad.

That shows something if you don't know what runes to use...JUST saying :)

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Xiron
<Editor>
Xiron's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2011 3:46am | Report
Quote:
"I don't know the Runes very good. Maybe it's because I'm "only" level 16.
And thats why I didn't buy any Rundes. Because of that all I did is copying the Runes from the German Build.(...)"
Thanks to Keondre!

wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2011 4:07am | Report
...that is what I just said.

You don't know runes very good.

If you don't know runes very good, you probably aren't ready to make a guide to teach others.

But it's fine, you will learn soon if you continue to play :D

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2011 4:26am | Report
No Wrath.. You don't want crit chance runes. You want ArP marks and AD quintessences. AD quints are like a better version of crit chance.
"Blizzard spoke thus; Thou shalt not BM. And the players replied Nay, I shall Play my hand with Lethal already on the board. And so Blizzard sent unto them this Brawl of Yogg, As a lesson for their sins of Pride and Greed, for he is the Prophet of Madness and RNG. On that day, the tavern descended into an era of chaos and darkness, until the weekend passed and everyone forgot all about it. Amen. Book of SMOrc, Verse 20, Chapter 4." - Feam T
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide