Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Nocturne - The CritKing

Creator: Xiron May 12, 2011 9:54am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Xiron
<Editor>
Xiron's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2011 2:32pm | Report
Psst!
Maybe they wont recognize it :p

Then just say how u like my Sig ;-)
Thanks to Sevinho!

Xiron
<Editor>
Xiron's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 3:10pm | Report
Wow.
I just reached 20000 views. Thanks.
But why only 16 rated the Guide?

:-(
Thanks to leipetaco!

jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 4:48pm | Report
Here is my constructive criticism about your guide:

1) "From level 12 it's easy to Jungle (you may not try to Jungle until you're level 10)" - even Sona can jungle past level 12 =.=

2) Attack speed runes means you're auto-attacking things early game. You're not even jungling til level 12, so there's two bad things there immediately. You're auto-attacking, which means you're pushing the lane, and two, you're not jungling with Nocturne.

3) You get Phantom Dancer as your first item. You always want to get damage before an increase of attack speed, or an item that does both, like Black Cleaver or Madred's Bloodrazor.

4) You've went with Perserverence in your mastery tree over Good Gands.

5) I appreciate your Updates section, as it is quite informative.

6) Never include the champion bio/back story into your guide...

7) You copy and paste the skills abilities instead of explaining them in your own words. I can hover my mouse over Duskbringer to read all that **** - I want to know how YOU used Duskbringer.

8) While adding the Skins was an interesting idea, I'm not sure why you've done it...

9) All your alternative item builds are the same... ... ... ... o.O

10) "Clairvoyance | (You're Mana Regeneration is high enough. If it's empety just go back to base)" - I think you've written the wrong description here ^^

11) "Many Guides are telling you to prefer the middle line." ... What? No they're not =.=

12) Your game results are bad. Not just because you're still earning XP, but because your K/D/A bearly breaks even in most of your games or you only just get more kills than deaths. For example: 10/7, 10/8, 9/8. Your other scores are pretty good, but once again, I wouldn't trust them based on the fact that you're not level 30. You're not playing against the same opponents I'd play against.

If I took Heal as a level 30 in a Ranked game, I'd be laughed at. Just you wait until you hit level 30 and play 50-100 more games. You'll look back at your guide and be embarrased.

That's it ^^ Hope I helped.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 11:16pm | Report
lol@that's it

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2011 1:43am | Report
^ haha <3

♡ sig by me ♡
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2011 1:47am | Report
What jhoi said.

BUUUT Last Whisper> Black Cleaver. He has physical abilities.

Also; you're ****ING MELEE! You NEED at least one defensive item. Banshee's Veil, Atma's Impaler and Frozen Mallet are great items for that.
"Moral justification is a powerful disengagement mechanism. Destructive conduct is made personally and socially acceptable by portraying it in the service of moral ends." - Albert Bandura

"Ultimately, if people lose their willingness to recognize that there are times in our history when legality becomes distinct from morality, we aren't just ceding control of our rights to government, but our futures." - Edward Snowden
Xiron
<Editor>
Xiron's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2011 2:00am | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

1) "From level 12 it's easy to Jungle (you may not try to Jungle until you're level 10)" - even Sona can jungle past level 12 =.=

Maybe thats why I wrote that this is NOT a jungle Guide? DOn't you think so?

jhoijhoi wrote:

2) Attack speed runes means you're auto-attacking things early game. You're not even jungling til level 12, so there's two bad things there immediately. You're auto-attacking, which means you're pushing the lane, and two, you're not jungling with Nocturne.

A higher attack speed is (nearly) always good. Especialy if I'm using critical strike.

jhoijhoi wrote:

3) You get Phantom Dancer as your first item. You always want to get damage before an increase of attack speed, or an item that does both, like Black Cleaver or Madred's Bloodrazor.

Good point. I'll add an alternate Itembuild using your proposal. I'll give you the credit if you want to.

jhoijhoi wrote:

5) I appreciate your Updates section, as it is quite informative.

Thanks! It was alot of work^^

jhoijhoi wrote:

6) Never include the champion bio/back story into your guide...

I've seen many, very many Guides doing this *lol*

jhoijhoi wrote:

7) You copy and paste the skills abilities instead of explaining them in your own words. I can hover my mouse over Duskbringer to read all that **** - I want to know how YOU used Duskbringer.

Good idea, I'll do this.
Actually if I think about I i did it already. Read "Skill Sequence".

jhoijhoi wrote:

9) All your alternative item builds are the same... ... ... ... o.O

No, Sir! The first alternativ Itembuild includes Doran's Shield for example. It's the detail.

jhoijhoi wrote:

10) "Clairvoyance | (You're Mana Regeneration is high enough. If it's empety just go back to base)" - I think you've written the wrong description here ^^

Yeah, could be right, because I'm from Germany my game is German and the Summoner Spells are not called like the enlish ones. THank you.

jhoijhoi wrote:

11) "Many Guides are telling you to prefer the middle line." ... What? No they're not =.=

I've read some. (Can't give you a link, cause I don't remember the Guide...)

jhoijhoi wrote:

12) Your game results are bad. Not just because you're still earning XP, but because your K/D/A bearly breaks even in most of your games or you only just get more kills than deaths. For example: 10/7, 10/8, 9/8. Your other scores are pretty good, but once again, I wouldn't trust them based on the fact that you're not level 30. You're not playing against the same opponents I'd play against.

Well I just had a very interesting game against 4 level 30 guys (all of them won 300+ games) and one level 21 guy. It ended 18-5 or something. I'll check it later, actually th LoL server are unavailable.

jhoijhoi wrote:

If I took Heal as a level 30 in a Ranked game, I'd be laughed at. Just you wait until you hit level 30 and play 50-100 more games. You'll look back at your guide and be embarrased.

Actually I'm not saying that you have to use heal. I'm using Ghost and Ignite. I'm recommending Heal but thats what other Guides are doing as well. Because Heal can be usefull (but I don't think that it is actually).

jhoijhoi wrote:

That's it ^^ Hope I helped.

Yeah, you helped me.
I'm goiong to change some things, maybe you want to change your rating then. Eh?

Searz wrote:

Also; you're ****ING MELEE! You NEED at least one defensive item. Banshee's Veil, Atma's Impaler and Frozen Mallet are great items for that.

I'm not sure if you read the Guide. Let me quote something for you:

"Instead of Warmog's Armor it could be useful to purchase Guardian Angel or Banshee's Veil. Banshee's Veil is good to use if you're playing against magician (like Annie, Malzahar or Veigar).
These Items have nice defensive stats as well.
The other nice thing about Guardian Angel: You're very hard to kill. And you are very hard to kill even without Guardian Angel.
Last Whisper could be helpful as well (especially against tanks)."

"Or you could buy Atma's Impaler. But pay attention! Your live is low! Thats why I reccomend using the Itembuild including Doran's Shield."

I think you're wrong. Don't you think so?
Thanks to leipetaco!

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2011 2:18am | Report
I didn't mean for it to come off offensive >.>

Point being that your standard build (the one at the top) has THE worst survivability item you can buy.. (warmog)
Try buying Banshee's Veil, Atma's Impaler and Frozen Mallet. They give alot of damage while also giving loads of survivability.
Atma gives 60AD with those 2 HP items(+base HP). That's a LOT when it also gives armor and 18% crit chance.
Google has a job title called "Head of Black Community Engagement"..
I don't know whether to cry or laugh.. or both.
Xiron
<Editor>
Xiron's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2011 2:27am | Report
I know that it wasn't meant offensive.
I don't wanted to be offensive as well. Sorry bout that. I was angry. But not because of you, or somebody else in here, because the LoL server are unavailable. And I want to play!
:-(
Thanks to Arcana3!

jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2011 2:37am | Report
Quoted:
Maybe thats why I wrote that this is NOT a jungle Guide? DOn't you think so?

The problem is in the way that you say it. Don't say "you may not try to jungle until level 10", because that translates to "don't jungle until level 10". You meant "maybe you won't start to jungle until level 10", but it reads as "YOU MAY NOT!!!! jungle until level 10". I realise it's not a jungle guide, but as Nocturne is a good jungler, you should have a section for jungling.

Quoted:
A higher attack speed is (nearly) always good. Especialy if I'm using critical strike.

But you shouldn't need such a high attack speed early game, especially as you're not jungling. Searz said that AD runes (physical damage) are better suited with the same effect. Hitting faster =/= an increase of damage. Would you rather hit once for (57 base + 10 from Doran's Blade + 15.5 from AD Quints and AD Marks = 82.5) once, or 124 with two hits over more than 2 seconds?

Quoted:
Good point. I'll add an alternate Itembuild using your proposal. I'll give you the credit if you want to.

What? No need to credit me, users before me have made the same suggestions o.O

Quoted:

I've seen many, very many Guides doing this *lol*

Yes, but are they highly rated guides? ^^

Quoted:
Actually if I think about I i did it already. Read "Skill Sequence".

Then don't you think you should merge the two sections to make it more cohesive?

Quoted:

No, Sir! The first alternativ Itembuild includes Doran's Shield for example. It's the detail.

*madam. The problem is, you can't call them alternative builds if only one item changes... especially if that one item is the item that you don't have at the end of the build anyway because you sell it for something else.

Quoted:
Well I just had a very interesting game against 4 level 30 guys (all of them won 300+ games) and one level 21 guy. It ended 18-5 or something.

I know I'm double standarding myself when I say this, but not all level 30's are good. Why don't you play a game against some of the respected members of this forum, and test your build against them? That'd give you an accurate representation of how good your item build is ^^

Quoted:
Actually I'm not saying that you have to use heal. I'm using Ghost and Ignite. I'm recommending Heal but thats what other Guides are doing as well. Because Heal can be usefull (but I don't think that it is actually).

Go with your own instincts with this. If you believe Heal to be bad, then don't advocate using it, mk?

Quoted:
Yeah, you helped me.
I'm goiong to change some things, maybe you want to change your rating then. Eh?

I didn't vote on your guide ^^ I was waiting for you to reply etc

Quoted:
"Instead of Warmog's Armor it could be useful to purchase Guardian Angel or Banshee's Veil. Banshee's Veil is good to use if you're playing against magician (like Annie, Malzahar or Veigar).
These Items have nice defensive stats as well.
The other nice thing about Guardian Angel: You're very hard to kill. And you are very hard to kill even without Guardian Angel.
Last Whisper could be helpful as well (especially against tanks)."

"Or you could buy Atma's Impaler. But pay attention! Your live is low! Thats why I reccomend using the Itembuild including Doran's Shield."

What Searz is saying is that you don't include any of these items in your list of recommended items. You're telling all those people who read your guide that YOU never buy Banshee's Veil. Your recommended items should be the items that would be best for Nocturne, not just the items you'd get if you were rolling the enemy team.

♡ sig by arrizen ♡
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide