Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

RE: Not Requiring Comment Issue - "I AIN'T EVEN...

Creator: JunSupport April 14, 2011 6:07pm
Svingas
<Member>
Svingas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2011 12:47pm | Report
Canoas wrote:

I got a new idea. What if people who have a guide with the same champion can't vote on that champion's guides? That way new guides aren't that affected by the competition.
Everyone already knows what they think about that build, they have a guide themselves. A vote on their behalf wouldn't do much good.

That would be taken advantage of very easily. Someone is about to publish their new guide. Quickly go around and down-vote every other guide for that champion and then post your guide with immunity from revenge.

Check out my extensive Sivir Guide

Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2011 1:51pm | Report
Obviously the votes from that user would be nullified.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2011 2:00pm | Report
We're not trying to mitigate downvotes, though. We're trying to increase them.
spooon
<Editor>
spooon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2011 2:38pm | Report
I like the new system, makes it more of a competitive community
Sacull_Kinslayer
<Member>
Sacull_Kinslayer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2011 6:08pm | Report
Canoas wrote:

I got a new idea. What if people who have a guide with the same champion can't vote on that champion's guides? That way new guides aren't that affected by the competition.
Everyone already knows what they think about that build, they have a guide themselves. A vote on their behalf wouldn't do much good.

I personally don't like that idea because I have upvoted many of my "competitors'" guides... including several of the ones ahead of mine. I have even linked them in my guide as guides I suggest others to read. My goal is basically if the reader doesn't find what they are looking for in my guide maybe I can direct them to a guide that will.
Did I manage to assist you in any way? Hook me up by hitting that nifty +Rep button.

All guides have been archived due to my not being able to play LoL currently. The information is still there and is good but until I return they will be archived. I am able to keep them updated and current though.

Vladimir's Blood Resource. Designed for beginner's and beyond.
Vladimir's Blood Resource: Post Nerf Edition.
The Exemplar of Tanking: Jarvan IV .

Making a Guide by jhoijhoi This is everything you need to know about making a guide. Amazing.

...and Buffy staked Edward. The End.
Tr4ce
<Member>
Tr4ce's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2011 10:47pm | Report

I personally don't like that idea because I have upvoted many of my "competitors'" guides... including several of the ones ahead of mine. I have even linked them in my guide as guides I suggest others to read. My goal is basically if the reader doesn't find what they are looking for in my guide maybe I can direct them to a guide that will.

You just earned my REP +... ^ That's what people should do, instead of down-voting people who are ahead of them just so that people could see their build.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 18, 2011 11:37am | Report
I do the same thing...guide reference.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
TehGus
<Member>
TehGus's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2011 2:28pm | Report
brb mass trolldownvoting guides huehuehuehue

... just kidding
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2011 2:36pm | Report
Yeah, and aren't the people who post guides on champions the ones who know that champion best?
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Sacull_Kinslayer
<Member>
Sacull_Kinslayer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2011 12:43am | Report
After a long time of pondering and consideration I think, while not the best solution, making it so people cannot vote on guides of the same hero would be probably one of the better band aid solutions. And for people like me that would still allow me to comment and link other people's great guides... I just wouldn't get to vote for them. But I can show my support in other ways. That along with every guide getting 20 c2v period. Doesn't matter if you 500 votes already you should still get your 20 c2v's now.

It is not perfect but I think it is better than the current incarnation. Personally I think they should leave in all C2Ving... but that did put the older guides at a huge disadvantage. But it also made the obvious trolls obvious.
Did I manage to assist you in any way? Hook me up by hitting that nifty +Rep button.

All guides have been archived due to my not being able to play LoL currently. The information is still there and is good but until I return they will be archived. I am able to keep them updated and current though.

Vladimir's Blood Resource. Designed for beginner's and beyond.
Vladimir's Blood Resource: Post Nerf Edition.
The Exemplar of Tanking: Jarvan IV .

Making a Guide by jhoijhoi This is everything you need to know about making a guide. Amazing.

...and Buffy staked Edward. The End.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide