Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

RE: Not Requiring Comment Issue - "I AIN'T EVEN...

Creator: JunSupport April 14, 2011 6:07pm
1 2 3 4 5
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2011 2:48am | Report
@Sacull_Kinslayer:

If a guide is really old and is over 500 votes, it doesn't need 20 c2v votes.
Any guide that's reached even 300 votes is generally at the top of it's list.

Making people unable to vote on each other's guide is a bad solution in my opinion. In fact, it's an entirely pointless solution.

1. You're locking out the people who work hardest on the same champion. Their opinions matter.
2. Trolls can just make alternate accounts.

Both these points entirely invalidate that idea.

The system is perfectly reasonable the way it is. You may not like it, but competition is like that. There can only be one on top, and plenty of people are always feeling bitter or apathetic. That's how reality is.
The only true issue yet to be resolved is the voting inflation, which imo, is mainly due to the Front Page's format.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
SpicyRice
<Member>
SpicyRice's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2011 6:13am | Report
any news on the idea of changing older guides with more than 100 votes to have 100 votes but keep the ratio of upvotes to downvotes?

i still see this as a more efficient solution to the problem than the currently employed solution.

REF: page 2, my post and JunSupport's reply
Sacull_Kinslayer
<Member>
Sacull_Kinslayer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2011 8:27pm | Report
The "even if they have 500 votes" was just a number. I just think everyone should have their 20. And I wasn't the one to suggest the "locking out" of voting for the same heroes guides. I don't like the idea, which I explained previously... I just think that it may be the best idea on the table at this time.

1. Their opinions do matter. You are not locking them out from voicing their opinion and more often than not... you would allowing them to give an honest opinion with less fear of repercussions. I personally have links to what I feel are the best guides for Vlad within my own Vlad guide. They are the so called "competition" but their opinions and thoughts are very valid and I post that and link their guides. Get the information out there. Help those that need it.

2. Trolls will troll. That will always happen. Obvious trolls are obvious. But you will save a good guide 1 troll's downvote if they are planning on trolling. And besides... from what I have seen within the limited hero guides I check often the upper tier guide owners don't vote on others very often nor give their opinions often because very few want to take the chance of repercussions. And you even more rarely see them downvote for the same reasons. And if they actually upvote they help their "competition," and few will do that. Some do. But not that many that I have seen.
Did I manage to assist you in any way? Hook me up by hitting that nifty +Rep button.

All guides have been archived due to my not being able to play LoL currently. The information is still there and is good but until I return they will be archived. I am able to keep them updated and current though.

Vladimir's Blood Resource. Designed for beginner's and beyond.
Vladimir's Blood Resource: Post Nerf Edition.
The Exemplar of Tanking: Jarvan IV .

Making a Guide by jhoijhoi This is everything you need to know about making a guide. Amazing.

...and Buffy staked Edward. The End.
JunSupport
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2011 1:36am | Report
@SpicyRice:

That would be ******ed unfair for some guides. Although other guides might need that sort of treatment, but that would look rather biased...

@Sacull_Kinslayer:

I never said it was a bad idea.

I'm saying it's not better then the current status-quo. You think it might be better, but nothing you say solidly suggests it'd be any better then our current circumstances. It would just tweak around a few things, without having much impact.

Since we already have the status-quo and are familiar with it, I say we stick with it.

The only true issue that's causing problems is the vote-inflation on top guides, which the idea you're rallying for would do nothing to.
I personally think once we have that issue out of the way, the system would be acceptable.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
SpicyRice
<Member>
SpicyRice's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2011 9:37am | Report
@JunSupport

i'm disappointed that you haven't taken the time to understand the argument i made on page 2.

i have laid out very clearly what the problem is, why it is a problem, and why my suggestion is the best solution. for you to dismiss it as ******ed and unfair points to either a lack of understanding or a lack of effort in discussing it.

i hope the guys in charge of the ranking system will have read and considered it, however i feel that if reasonable discussion and debate has been replaced with a "that's ******ed and unfair" style of discussion then i am wasting my time here.
JunSupport
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2011 11:54am | Report
@SpicyRice:

I ignored it because you chose to add information to an old post.

It's not ******ed. It's human. Why should I have to go back and look when you can just make a new post?
I'm also not someone with any serious influence over the changes that go on. I simply come up with my own ideas and propose them in the forums. It's not my obligation to pay any attention to whatever you have to say~

Converting old guides to 100 votes would be absolutely messed up at this time. It would invalidate random people's votes while others will not be changed.
Although a resetting of guides may be an interesting idea, your idea needs a lot of work.

Try posting in the "Support" forum if you really think it deserves attention.
This thread isn't for discussion of changes.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>

1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide