Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

[Host Feedback] - Suffix (Fruyti)

Creator: Mowen November 10, 2012 6:33pm
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2012 9:22am | Report
EvilDice, I never said that you insulted the other team / raged etc. I said if you are this upset / concerned about the balance of teams (which is obvious from this post) then it seems like you could pay attention to matchmaking and give your input.

I also addressed the "it's the host's job to balance issue"

Mowen wrote:
I am of the opinion that if unbalanced teams makes you this upset you should probably pay attention to the team balance before the game starts. Hosts can learn better balance through suggestions and see trends in what people think is "fair." I also think it's not fair to say because anomaly asked people their opinion of the balance he wasn't doing his job. In fact I encourage hosts to ask people how they feel because it's worthwhile to get a gauge of the player's feelings and it helps to avoid bad sentiments after the game (as we see happened when you didn't state your opinion of the balance before the game started and were then upset with the results).

It's also the hosts job to ask the players how they feel. It's not like Anomaly just had everyone join and didn't move anybody around and was just like "is this ok? ok I'm going!" He did balance teams. We also had some new players this time that he had know way of knowing how good they are and had to just base it off wins / ELOs. Maybe your bot lane's worst roles happened to be support and AD or they have never been in a 2v1 situation before and didn't know how to press the advantage. There's a lot of reasons that game could've been lost that wasn't just teams were stacked. I already agreed with you that anomaly could've shifted the balance more in your favor (switching a gold on his team for a silver on your team etc) and I already said that anomaly and fluffy together count as more than "just 2 plat" especially if they're laning together (which they might not have known till after champ select). All I said was I disagree with you that it was a complete loss from the start because the balance was NOT that bad.

I would also appreciate it if you stop blaming bot lane. Everyone has bad games and we want to make new players feel welcome, not blame them for the loss and have them never come again. The only proper thing to do is give them advice in-game, after game, or in the inhouse thread on how they could've done better.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
astrolia
<Fabulous>
astrolia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2012 9:34am | Report
I didn't play in these games, but it looks like blue team had 2 plats/1 gold/2 silver...? And the other team had 1 plat + 2 gold + 1 silver + 1 unranked? For balance, I think it would've been more sensible if the team with 2 plats had the unranked person. ^^;
hi embracing. yes i play ff14 now.
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2012 9:42am | Report
Actually I value unranked people higher than Silver people :P

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2012 9:46am | Report
IceCreamy wrote:

Actually I value unranked people higher than Silver people :P

LOL
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2012 9:54am | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

LOL

What? Silver is a freebie anyways...

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2012 9:58am | Report
Mowen wrote:

EvilDice, I never said that you insulted the other team / raged etc. I said if you are this upset / concerned about the balance of teams (which is obvious from this post) then it seems like you could pay attention to matchmaking and give your input.

I also addressed the "it's the host's job to balance issue"

It's also the hosts job to ask the players how they feel. It's not like Anomaly just had everyone join and didn't move anybody around and was just like "is this ok? ok I'm going!" He did balance teams. We also had some new players this time that he had know way of knowing how good they are and had to just base it off wins / ELOs. Maybe your bot lane's worst roles happened to be support and AD or they have never been in a 2v1 situation before and didn't know how to press the advantage. There's a lot of reasons that game could've been lost that wasn't just teams were stacked. I already agreed with you that anomaly could've shifted the balance more in your favor (switching a gold on his team for a silver on your team etc) and I already said that anomaly and fluffy together count as more than "just 2 plat" especially if they're laning together (which they might not have known till after champ select). All I said was I disagree with you that it was a complete loss from the start because the balance was NOT that bad.

I would also appreciate it if you stop blaming bot lane. Everyone has bad games and we want to make new players feel welcome, not blame them for the loss and have them never come again. The only proper thing to do is give them advice in-game, after game, or in the inhouse thread on how they could've done better.

ok, so you are again shifting the responsibility of the host to the player. i expect the games to be balanced and not to worry about it, but whatever. if this is the policy you are sticking with it is a very unprofessional one, but at least i know what it is now.

team 2 was 4 regulars to mobafire, team 1 was 2. so when you get new players, you just put them all on the opposite team and not on the team where there's two players with a lot of expirience playing with one another? makes a lot of sense to me. they had the game before to judge skill and they put two plat teammates together, a silver who is 12 elo from gold, and a bunch of unknowns on the other team. i agree with you that it is hard to judge the skill of an unknown, but he literally put all of them on my team, when his team already had an elo advantage? what?...

im sorry for blaming bot, but this is what is exactly wrong with public feedback threads. it sucks to hurt people's feelings, it does. but i have to in order to make my case. it's your decision to have threads like this, i never called anyone on my team bad in game, and i never do. if you watch the vod i actually TOLD my teammates not to blame one another.

Thanks to Anal Samurai for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2012 9:59am | Report
IceCreamy wrote:

What? Silver is a freebie anyways...

Oh I agree with you, it just made me laugh that you said it like that.
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2012 10:04am | Report
anyways im kinda tired of this thread. i just hope that you guys actually get good hosts and don't just accept whoever applies. khazem has been fine whenever he hosted, games were balanced. six balanced a couple games and they were literally even gold for 30 minutes of the game. i'd like to see close games, and moreso i'd like to see a host take responsibility for bad balance instead of blaming players. if anomaly had said "sorry guys, the balance was off" this thread wouldve never happened, but instead he said "i asked you so its not my fault". i guess mowen supports this attitude so if you are a tryout ref all you gotta do is ask the players! then everything is ok.

im not gonna post anymore in this thread as i am kinda done with the NA community. the host is a banned rager, which seems like the people that the NA community (except for a few cool kids) circlejerks over nowadays.. i really do miss the old players like boosh, jet, nomadz, consid, xai, jason, etc etc.. ive never meshed well with these new players mainly because they think they can never be wrong. the EUs seem pretty chill tho, would be fun to play over there if i had a smurf -.-

im done posting in this thread so you can all get your last words/shots in... to think i ended my league hiatus like 2 days ago and i am already thinking of quitting again, hahaha.

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2012 10:17am | Report
EvilDice wrote:

i've said this multiple times already, but i was antagonized. i think from mooninite's chat log you can see that "seems like a you problem" and (later) "shut up and play" are not neutral comments

the "seems like a you problem" was a response to you saying you weren't paying attention during the lobby. And that is a you problem, as Mowen said, if you get this upset over team balance then take an active part in saying something. You said nothing, even for a majority of the game you said nothing. I'd take a guess that it was a knee-jerk reaction to losing the game, but that's just my guess. You were obviously apathetic enough for 20 minutes of the game and even the lobby before hand to not raise the issue. As I said in chat, hindsight is 20/20. It's easy to cry that something is imbalanced after the game is over.

EvilDice wrote:

we were saying that in champ select, and i knew the game was basically over when our 5th pick said the only support he owned was soraka, after i had offered to trade for ezreal to help my team out. how does a gold player only own soraka? how did he only have 1 gp10 and mercs at the end of the game? you sure THAT wasnt 3s? he certainly didnt play like a gold player, our bot lane did absolutely nothing. when you die to ganks due to lack of wards and can't touch the tower against a very mediocre 2v1 champ then there is a problem with game balance. period. the game was over when vayne got a zeal, because she was still somehow outcsing ezreal with 2 deaths. not lategame items, a zeal. nothing more.

and you know what, I'm sure a lot of people would say you didn't play like a platinum level player, you didn't act maturely, and quite frankly you broke the rules of the inhouse. Whining/complaining is listed as a minor offense which results in 1 point. Don't you have a title on mobafire? Last I checked you were listed as the rank of Editor and a shoutcaster, and as you said before, "if you're going to have a title I expect you to do your job". Well, consider you have a title and you're fairly well respected among the community, I don't think it's outrageous to ask that you act like a member who deserves a title even after a loss

EvilDice wrote:

the end result was that mid/top/bot all lost and the game was never very close. i did the best i could and i'm fine with having less skilled players in the inhouses, but this wasnt even close.

that's because the lanes got outplayed, not because it was an issue of imbalance. In all honesty the only lane that really lost badly was bottom lane, Jeffy was pretty much even with me all game, he died twice to me at mid, but he picked up those kills by roaming and he was tied with farm for most of the game, you killed Vayne/Nunu once or twice.

I think you'll find, that no one agrees with you, not even your teammates or neutral shoutcasters.

EvilDice wrote:

im done posting in this thread so you can all get your last words/shots in... to think i ended my league hiatus like 2 days ago and i am already thinking of quitting again, hahaha.

Believe me, the world will still turn even with you not here. Blames the entire NA scene for his issues, I wonder where the problem is, the 1 person, or the NA scene
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2012 12:19pm | Report
correction: I am now gold, ^_^

Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide