Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

S5 Ranked: One Way Ticket to Hell

Creator: Wayne3100 January 21, 2015 8:10am
BigBoxGamer
<Member>
BigBoxGamer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2015 12:43pm | Report
They arrived as quickly as possible.
Short Term Goals: Silver/Gold/Platinum || Long Term Goals: Diamond/Master/Challenger
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 11, 2015 1:46am | Report
Game 201

Sometimes a picture says more than 1000 words.

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
HiFromBuddha's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 11, 2015 1:52am | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

Sometimes a picture says more than 1000 words.

Or you could post a picture with 176 words in it to say more than 1176 words.

Thank you to MissMaw for the signatures!
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 11, 2015 3:02am | Report
Game 202

One of those classic solo queue games in which they were winning hard first (mainly due to our Blitzcrank disconnecting), then we turned it around and started winning hard (through some good mid game teamfights and multiple Dragon/Baron steals from Kha'Zix) and then both teams just threw the win back and forth for a bit. Lost because we couldn't deal with their damage sources while also stopping Soraka from keeping them all healthy in the end. I think I've had enough solo queue for now.

koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 11, 2015 6:07am | Report
tsm fanboi much?

P.S.: work on your cs

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 11, 2015 6:34am | Report
Nah, I've played him a few times recently, and decided to pick him because of how immobile the first few picks for their team ( Varus, Soraka, Orianna) were. Trying to adapt a bit more to what the enemy team has picked since my roster is a bit bigger now ( Kennen, Irelia, Fizz, Sion, Olaf, Jarvan IV).

Also, I know it doesn't look that way, but my cs in lane was actually fine that game. However, I didn't get any cs afterwards because I spent almost all my time with the team; in fairness, I should've probably been split pushing more often during the late game. I felt like we should be able to start fights easily by gaining vision control in an area as 5 and then letting Blitzcrank do his thing, but he... didn't do that very well.

Game 203

Took a break by playing an episode of The Wolf Among Us, then went back to League and played what was probably one of the most enjoyable games of solo queue ever.

For some reason, even though I blind picked Fizz (first pick on purple side), the enemy Renekton (who, just to make this absolutely clear, picked after me) asked his team for a laneswap, so I laned 1v2 vs Leona - Graves while he faced Thresh - Corki. I hadn't really prepared for this item-wise (started with a Crystalline Flask and did a camp before Teleporting top, while he started Cloth Armor in his lane), yet I still got out ahead in cs early on. Once I noticed our tower was going to die sooner than theirs, I asked for ganks and soon after picked up two kills as Shyvana and Twisted Fate helped me out.

After dying to a three man gank shortly after (with their team securing the top tower while ours got bot tower and Dragon), I joined the team and we started roaming around to force objectives across the map. From there, our lead kept growing, slowly but steadily. The weird thing is we barely ever got caught, even though we weren't communicating a lot either. It almost felt like a team ranked game, with everyone being on the same wavelength in terms of what to do next. As I said, that was quite enjoyable :)

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 11, 2015 4:06pm | Report
Game 204

Picked Morgana because I don't like picking Alistar without knowing which ADC I'll face and I completely forgot Braum existed (derp).

Bot and mid lane were going pretty well (1-0 or 2-0 up in both lanes at 10 minutes), but in top lane Riven started snowballing heavily after she got an early Lee Sin gank, and our jungler was too busy flaming our top laner to do something about it. That pressure eventually led to us losing all towers up to our inhibitor just to her, and from there we were pushed with our backs against the wall for the rest of the game. We held out for quite a while, but it would've been very hard to win this one, in truth. I did ok myself (hit most of the crucial bindings), but I could also tell I'm not reeeaaally a Morgana player :P

Depending on which side I end up on, I'm going to need 2 or 3 straight wins tomorrow to get to promos. Assuming I also want to win those (which is the case, I can assure you), I'll have to win 5 out of my next 7 games (or 6 out of my next 8). Good stuff.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 11, 2015 4:23pm | Report
*comic relief*
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 12, 2015 6:36am | Report
Everyone has to win 4 out of 6 to get promoted anyway.

Basically MOBAFire.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 12, 2015 8:53am | Report
I know, and it's dumb. I really hate the fact that series exist and the fact that I can't stop myself from thinking about them at the moment, it's not a good mindset. Should be taking it one game at a time (while focusing on my play).

Game 205 + 206

Two very different games, one being quite enjoyable because I actually did something on a role I'm not good at, and the other frustrating because I felt I wasn't able to do much at all. To be fair, the laning phase vs Rumble was quite fun (in the sense that I learned a lot about the matchup), but the teamfights were extremely chaotic due to Zed and Vayne being fed enough to jump around and basically do whatever the hell they wanted (while our only hope rested on an amazing Orianna ult which she was never going to be able to hit).

In most Fizz games I've played so far (mainly normals), I was ahead enough to kill squishy targets on the enemy team quite easily, so this game was a bit of a new experience for me in that sense. Might be good to watch the replay of that one or stick to champions I've played more often ( Kennen, Irelia) / champions with a more straightforward "job" in teamfights ( Olaf, Sion, Jarvan IV) until I've played him a bit more.

Still gained 8 LP though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide