Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Vapora's Ranked Journey to ... Whatever he...

Creator: Vapora Dark September 13, 2012 8:06pm
astrolia
<Fabulous>
astrolia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2012 10:37am | Report
I tried playing without Hextech, and I just found that I prefered to take Hextech. If you mean I should take Haunting Guise, I've tried that too recently, and it was okay, but I would only build it if my enemy builds magic resist.

The most equipped items on Katarina in 2k+ ELO are Sorcerer's Shoes, Abyssal Mask, Rabadon's Deathcap and Haunting Guise. Notice how the top items include magic pen and magic res reduction? It's a result of the effectiveness of stacking penetration/reduction on Katarina and relying on her base damage. This trend is why her base damage on Q/W is being nerfed in the Zed patch.
hi embracing. yes i play ff14 now.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 3, 2012 3:53am | Report
Fair enough.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 13, 2012 3:49pm | Report
Hooray, season 3 is upon us! In season 2 I had to become 30 wins positive in ranked to reach 1250 Elo because of how badly I did when I first started playing ranked. Now that I'm not handicapped by that anymore, I'm shooting for the skies! Next time I'm 30 wins positive, I'll be platinum folks!

Aaaand here is my first ranked game of season 3!

Was an intense game, had to work hard for the win, the perfect start to season 3. We dominated them early-game with Shaco constantly ganking mid and top, although it was mostly Shaco getting the kills from his top ganks, and Nidalee just fed Darius when Shaco wasn't there. In bot-lane I just pushed the lane all day with Buckshot and was initially out-farming Varus like this, though he managed to beat my farm by the end of the game. When mid-game rolled in they sorta started making a come-back because we had no tanks, and eventually we realized they had no wards at baron so we tried to do it, but they noticed our lane absence and warded it as we were doing it. Then Kha'zix jumped in and stole it with Smite, not sure how our Shaco wasn't able to smite it first when he was supposedly prepared to smite it much sooner than Kha'zix was, but it ended in the game going badly for us for a bit. Eventually their Darius and Kha'zix ******edly decided to backdoor bot, so we pushed mid and took down their tower and inhibitor before they finished taking down our second bot tower. Soon after their baron buff ran out and it was pretty much even. In most teamfights my problem was that Darius was so fed that we couldn't take him down before he grabbed me, and his burst thanks to trinity force was always either enough to kill me or enough to force me into a recall. At one point though we were kinda spread out about the jungle near the dragon and Darius chased Brand to try and kill him while I was near, and at the cost of Brand, I was able to kill Darius. I killed 3 more enemies in the teamfight that ensued for a quadrakill, and we managed to re-take their mid inhibitor, as well as their top towers and inhibitor, but we didn't manage to take down any of their nexus towers because there were no minions available to tank the towers for us before we revived. Later on Shaco was backdooring bot, so 3 of them decided to try and baron, but we saw it with our wards. Only 3 of us were available to contest the baron but one of us was Brand, and Pyroclasm OP. :P We ran in as the baron was on low HP and I immediately opened up with my ult, and managed to steal the baron with it. Then I scored a double kill on Teemo and Brand while Kha'zix jumped through the wall to escape. After that we had a few skirmishes but nothing important happened until we pushed bot and destroyed the tower and inhibitor. Later on we destroyed the nexus towers and the nexus, and won. What made me laugh was that near the end Darius said "Report Kha'zix. Fail smite made us lose the baron". I responded "... But if he hadn't stolen the first baron you'd have already lost the GAME".

All in all I'm happy with that game. Wasn't a free win, wasn't a free loss, my team wasn't great but they were manageable, and most important of all, I carried and scored a quadra-kill. The only possible better start to season 3 would have been to score a penta-kill. ;) Oh well, some other time.

And yeah, I'm aiming for plat. I'll *hopefully* be gold or near gold as soon as I receive a ranking, and I'll try to play ranked as often as I can to reach plat before 2013. I CAN DO DIS.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2012 4:29am | Report

Horrible game. Our skarner didn't connect during the loading screen so the enemy team invaded us. Diana didn't cover properly so we didn't see them until they were right in our blue's brush and they nearly killed Skarner who had reconnected 30 seconds in. Then Skarner, Lulu and Diana stupidly stayed there trying to contest the blue even though they had all 5 there, whereas our Olaf was top and I was farming bot, recognizing that there was nothing we could do. They just wasted more time and got on lower HP from Ezreal's pokes, and Skarner had to recall just to go back to the jungle to get his first jungle camp. I lost bot and got zoned out horribly because Taric played very aggressively, and Lulu couldn't do anything about it. I should have first-blooded Ez because I Cleanse'd out of Taric's stun and nearly killed Ez who was on low HP from my previous buckshots, but Lulu didn't realize what I was doing so she did a total of 0 damage in that fight, which resulted in me getting killed by Taric's exhaust]] and Ezreal's ignite. And after that it was just GG, there was nothing I could do vs taric's aggressiveness. Skarner tried to go for his first gank when he reached level 6, by which time taric and ez were lvl 9. And he didn't even manage to touch them. Skarner was so behind because he'd tried to steal Amumu's blue while Amumu had it warded, and I guess he died a few other times trying to gank. Diana managed to pick up a few kills via ganking, but we stood no chance. Free loss.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2012 2:23pm | Report

Lost the Kat game because my team fed extremely hard early on, and lost the Ez game because even though we had an early-game advantage of like 10/3, Lee Sin got fed through ganks, and once he was fed his ganks were insane and got his team fed too. Vayne had been doing horribly on bot lane but at the end of the game she could have beaten me in a 1v1. 2 free losses I couldn't do anything about.

Ended up going bot with my pre-made supporting me as Blitz, and he proved once more what a good Blitz he is, landing every grab and just generally taking full advantage of Blitz's skillset. It's a shame he hates supporting. I snowballed and eventually my feed won us the game. Had the lane been a stalemate we would have lost the game.

Went AD carry as Trist, and cried as it turned out our Blitz was ****ing atrocious with his Rocket Grab. Eventually at around 15 minutes in I commented to him how bad his grabs were and he said "Yeah, but it's hard with graves E". I told him to just get Soraka as she was an easier target and way squishier, and he finally started landing some grabs. They were still pretty bad, he was only landing maybe 1/3, but 1 successful grab = 1 kill, so I wasn't complaining. Our laning phase lasted until like 27 minutes into the game, and after that I just started wrecking with my infinity eddge and Zeal, I got extremely fed, and as none of them were particularly fed they just melted at my damage. Turned out to be an easy win.

Those 3 losses with the horrible teams have made it pretty much impossible to get to gold before the placement matches end, but oh well. Hopefully I'll at least gain over 100 Elo from them.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2012 5:32pm | Report
Started duoing with my usual pre-made.

New top Elo.

Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2012 6:13pm | Report
Game after that to regain the lost Elo before I go to bed.

Dem Tristana stats uehehehehe. :D

Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2012 6:01pm | Report
Couldn't be bothered to post my last few games because I've played quite a few. I got up to 1492 Elo, 8 elo away from gold, when suddenly my pre-made decided it would be better to play Olaf vs Irelia instead of Darius vs Irelia, even though he plays Darius as his main solo top champ, and he hadn't played Olaf in months. Long story short, he went 0/6, and that was one **********ing scary fed Irelia. After that we lost 3 in a row and been hovering about that Elo in the few games I've played since. This is the most recent one, first Talon game in season 3. Was afraid it would be harder at this Elo than it was at 1200, but nope, still easy. :P Their 2nd pick picked Diana, so I picked Talon, I won all trades, I roamed, I got fed. I really do hope she brings armor seals in a lane vs Talon next time, or at the very least, takes armor in her masteries. She literally walked onto the lane with 0 extra armor and presumably expected to win. :l

HOPEFULLY will get to gold this weekend, but I'm gonna be a little busy so I may not have enough time. D:

EDIT: By the way, that was a support shaco we had, lul. At one point his build was Sorcerer's Shoes and 4 Doran's Rings.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2012 4:50am | Report
LOL TALON SO BROKEN. Remind me again why I was wasting my time with Trist and Kat and completely ignoring him?

Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2012 5:58am | Report

LOL TALON SO BROKEN. Remind me again why I was wasting my time with Trist and Kat and completely ignoring him?

bc u suck? ty.

As requested to GMD himself.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide