Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

VexRoth - All That Is Ranked

Creator: VexRoth January 26, 2015 10:41pm
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2017 4:42pm | Report

Pub stomp. Jax knew the matchup vs Fiora and was winning it. Katarina was winning against Twisted Fate. I showed up to avenge or turn a few close calls. Shen used his ult to good effect. And we pretty much stymied Nocturne from doing anything through good warding.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2017 4:49pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:
That's a shame. It also looks like your Annie was having trouble mid. All the best for your next game!

Yeah that was a rough one. Every one struggling. I try to take those in stride these days, but was definitely a little frustrated with the Garen into Quinn pick. I mean they knew what they were choosing into and that is a horrible matchup for Garen. Quinn tends to generate a whole lot of pressure in just about any game she is in, but when she gets to dump on her lane match-up it gets really ugly.

So bad on me for not dodging. That is something I need to learn to do strategically. -3 LP is much better than -18 to -20.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2017 5:58pm | Report

Xin Zhao put himself way behind by overdiving on a couple of situations in which we were able clean him. Ashe hit a super cross map arrow to help us clean up when they were taking down our Top outer turret. I did have to question the Ahri roaming to Top lane and letting Xerath just plink at our Mid turret uncontested until I could get over there. Since she ended up dying he was able just clear a couple of waves quickly and taking it. I did pick up some far in the process from clearing what I could, but I had to be super careful about it since he has a stun and I didn't have any MR at that point. Life turned around once Miss Fortune got itemized. Her ults help start off the fight with them well shredded.

Enjoying the Half-Dragon. Appreciate the combination of quick farming and being a decent duelest if not a good ganker. And the ganks aren't half bad once you have enough slows and/or Ghost up so you can get out in front of them to ult them back into your team/away from safety or just keep laying the damage down on them with Burnout and your autos.

Sadly I guess I didn't farm enough in this game to pull of and S or S+ so I'll have to wait a little longer to get my 2nd Mastery level 7 token.

Noticed I haven't been buying a Sweeping Lens of late, really appreciate being able to slap down 1-2 wards throughout the game. Vision denial is a thing, but I think I find myself valuing vision more than vision denial. If I have wards, I can put them where I want them. If I don't I am reliant on my team for vision and placement of that vision.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2017 8:10pm | Report

Damn, Fiora is an irritaing champion. Amumu help me kill her early which game me some breathing space to go back and get a Glacial Shroud and some Boots. I just tried my best to keep her busy while not letting myself get caught out in a long lane. With full points in Wither I could run from her, but just barely. She baited me out in one instance when Malphite was on his way to help her out. Should have suspected something given the way she was playing. Didn't manage to get my turret first this game though I did get it second. You can make life hard for Fiora but I am not sure it is possible to really 1 v 1 her at pretty much any point in the game. Maybe at 1000 stacks, but I doubt it given the way her ult works, unless maybe you hug the wall.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2017 9:20pm | Report

Oy! We could split push on them to decent effect until they figured out they could just death ball us and run down turrets and we couldn't really win fights against them. I made and error and waked straight into a bush of death. My though was that we had Baron pretty well lit up do to pre-prep so since I have Guardian Angel I'll try and see if I can get a ward in on the path behind where our outer turret was. Except they were all in there and I did die losing my GA in the process. However, I did enough damage that the assassins on our team decided they should go investigate they were able to pick off an over eager Katarina and also pulling Amumu away from Baron whence he died, leaving pretty much only Miss Fortune up to contest. We had two waves of supers pouring into the base so I could not get over there without dealing with that. I got over just as Akali hopped the wall and deleted MF and I was able to chase down Lulu. With Baron in hand we rolled into Top lane and took that turret and inhibitor and then the Nexus turrets after we pushed Wukong, who has respawned by that point, off of turret defense.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2017 10:15pm | Report

Note to self. Don't sweat getting to your opposite buff before Ivern just take his.

Irelia had some trouble with Renekton in lane, but after lane she went off. I helped her kill Ren once. Was a bit behind due to getting run around and things stolen by Ivern, but I farmed up as best that I could. Orianna delt with Fizz pretty well, killing him a couple of times. Had good dragon control. Actually really come Mid game our team just put the pedal to the metal and punched them in the face repeatedly. We then transfered the abuse into objectives to roll to the win.

Yay, first time this season. Hopefully, I can continue putting together more wins then loses and make it into Silver 1 and then hopefully Gold 5 thereafter.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2017 10:25pm | Report
Updated champion pool as of 6-Mar-2017

And, here we are again. Enjoying Shyvana out of the jungle. So planning on riding the Half Dragon to see how far she can take me. Also enjoying playing the doggie, Nasus. I'll split time between him and Nautilus since I can use Nautilus as a support and possibly jungle if Shyvana is banned, which is not a common occurrence at the moment. Nice simple champions for the most part.

Role Champion
Jungle
Autofill Support
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2017 8:26pm | Report

Riven is irritating to play against since she is resourceless and can shield most of your E damage. But I think maxing E first is pretty much essential in this matchup. Poppy came Bot and screwed me by giving Riven a kill and double buffs, which ended up getting me killed too. That put me two levels behind. However once I had Sheen and Frozen Heart I could kill her since she coudln't get away from me if I used Wither on her.

And I watch Quas play against a Riven and it was about the same as I experienced. You can't really trade with her in melee because she just interrupts you.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2017 10:08pm | Report

Braum suggested we invade their red. There was no one there so we picked up a free red and I gave it to Jhin. Braum then and came and leashed blue for me and told Jhin to played scared until he got there. Then Braum went ham once he got to lane to help Jhin pick up the first kill while he still had Red Buff. So we started the game with triple buffs. Yasuo managed to screw up and die to Quinn once, but other than that he was keeping her pinned under her turret for most of the game and Sion wasn't playing heavily to that side of the map until later in the game. Vel was duking it out with Ekko and mostly coming out ahead. So I had some lanes that were doing decently for themselves. This Quinn I was able to kill by myself when I had Randuin's Omen. Was happy to snack on the feathers afte the drubbing another Quinn gave me a few games back.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2017 10:23pm | Report

I tried to get a ward in on their Red buff but Corki spotted me out. Riven warded my Red Buff so we spotted Olaf trying to take that. It was a bit of a mess but I believe Riven managed to pick up a double kill when Corki turned on us and Fizz also showed up to the party along with Ekko. Riven and I teamed up to kill Fizz a couple of times in some pretty near fights. IIRC I actually cleaned him up after their first fight.

I hate Varus. He is sort of like Lux. They are squishy and kind of slow, but somehow you can just about never get to them while they are pummeling you with damage.

I took a chance on a Moutain Dragon when I didn't have Smite, though I didn have Enchantment: Bloodrazor at the time so I figured my Bot lane and I could burn through it quickly, except Jhin, just had to get the wave in their lane, I get it down to like 600 health and in runs Olaf to smite it out for under us. Thanks, Jhin. hope that wave that would have still been there was worth it. They were my duo parnter, so I gave them **** about it after the match. Gotta remember the rule that if you are relying on your team to do something in a timely fashion you probably should rethink your plans.

Tahm Kench saved my bacon a couple of times. He also almost got me killed a couple of times. Live by the Frog - Die by the Frog I suppose.

Their team kept sort of 1-3-1 ing, except we were able to hunt down and kill their split pushers in Corki and Fizz which basically left us free to take all their outer lane turrets. Mid was a bit of a tough nut to crack with Varus and Corki there to wave clear, but eventually we didn't have anything else to do so we brute forced their outer tower. One of the times we tried it my team went crazy ham trying to kill them all leaving me with turret aggro. Fortunately I was aware of it so I walked away before the last turret shot took me out.

A couple of rotations later we got their Mid inner and Mid base turret and inhibitor and then rotated to Baron and then sieged on the side that Elder would be spawning from, but we didn't need the Elder. We took their Top turret and inhibitor and then the Nexus after hacking through the Nexus turrets.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide