Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Wayne3100's Quest for Platinum (Season 3)

Creator: Wayne3100 November 25, 2012 4:47pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2013 7:12am | Report
I'd only ban 1 of those 3, tbh.

Anyway, I banned Thresh (I asked but no one wanted him), Zed and Kha'Zix. They banned Shen, Amumu and Blitzcrank. Champions like Zac and Twisted Fate were still open.

It happens. Too many necessary bans nowadays, gg.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2013 7:48am | Report
imo, there is another thing you could have tried, even though it is not so easy to pull off in SoloQ, and that would be picking a champion with disengage capabilities. In your case, maybe Janna or Gragas.

getting your frontline camped didn't help either, so I understand the ban-or-not thing.

anyhow, was the support LeBlanc decent, despite everything else (just curious)?

edit: just elophanted. nvm i asked that.

Sig made by Hogopogo
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2013 7:53am | Report
I was firstpick though, so it was kinda hard to react to their picks :P

I don't think I mentioned LeBlanc, but ok :P She was decent, bot lane actually started out well, they just didn't respond properly when Lux roamed, as I said (despite having good ward coverage). Overall that pick is definitely not why we lost, though I don't exactly love it either.

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2013 8:07am | Report
^elophant op

now i can spy on mm more efficiently. =3

Sig made by Aquilegia
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 24, 2013 4:09pm | Report

Game 101+102

Duo Queue with Agrimenta (GMD's smurf)

So this actually all happened way before the inhouses, but I forgot to post, oops.

Anyway, in the first game I played against a Vayne, who I have laned against before and who is rather annoying, because her auto attack range as well as Zac's Stretching Strikes range is 550, but because they are calculated differently (spell range from the center of a champion, attack range from the edge of a champion) you actually miss often when she attacks you. Anyway, I got bothered during champ select / loading screen and had to go downstairs shortly, so when I came back - in a hurry - I noticed I wasn't really focused on the game, which cost me some early cs (though my cs on him usually sucks so w/e). After killing her once, I got some ganks from my jungle Jarvan IV because she wasn't warding and the lane was under control after that. Bot lane (with GMD playing support Thresh) was also winning, so we won the game quite easily.

Second game I laned vs a Vladimir who went for a successful gank mid (on GMD, playing Zed) at level 4, which we didn't expect at all because who the f... does that (fo'real though). However I was level 6 earlier than him and killed him right away, so it was k. Our jungle Trundle (who had started at the enemy red "for the lolz") became a beast in this game and could solo the enemy solo laners, but he focused on bot and got them to win lane too. Meanwhile GMD was pretty even mid vs Syndra despite being ganked quite often by the enemy jungler ( Warwick). We once again snowballed to victory quite easily, leaving me at 96 LP and possibly 1 win away from my promotionals (though I got only 3 LP for the last win, so I probably need 2 more wins, lol).

LP: 96

Now 7-2 with Zac in ranked (two team wins, 5-2 in soloq) #noregrets

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Hogopogo
<Altruistic Artist>
Hogopogo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 24, 2013 4:33pm | Report
gl :D Hope you get to gold.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2013 10:02am | Report

Game 103+104

Duo Queue with Agrimenta (GMD's smurf)

k so, even though I keep gaining more LP than I lose and I keep having a higher MMR than Gold teammates, my MMR might not be all that good after all. See those two wins? Right, remember me being at 96 LP before these wins? +2, +1 baby. 99 LP. Yuuuuuuuup, that's cool.

As for the actual games, GMD and I played a Sona - Varus combo against a Draven (Plat V) - Soraka (Gold V) combo in game one aaand I'm guessing Draven's MMR is kinda lower than you might think cuz we won pretty easily in the end. The enemy Kassadin did get First Blood on GMD through a Teleport gank and he came more often after that, but so did our jungle Shaco; in the end, we both had pretty ****ty cs because of it, but we won convincingly in terms of kills. Their combo was honestly just weird and we had a lot more cc after 6, too.

The second game actually looked lost for a long time as our bot lane ( Caitlyn - Blitzcrank, another amazing combo) was feeding the enemy Draven quite heavily. Our Blitz also picked after the enemy team had Leona - Draven locked in and we already had a Cait. Possibly the worst choice he could've made (though, according to him, there's "nothing that works against Leona" anyway *facepalm*). In top lane, I was laning vs a Lee Sin with a rather tanky build ( Frozen Mallet + Atma's Impaler, lolwut), but although I didn't manage to kill him, I didn't worry about it much as I was ahead in farm, got his first tower and Renekton scales better into late game anyway imo. While trying to rectify the situation bot and fighting near Dragon, Lee pushed down two top towers, but we won the fight and got the Dragon because of it, so meh. When they got the third tower, too, things looked to be heading south for us, but overall our comp was just better for teamfighting and we won a couple of teamfights before grabbing a Baron and pressuring them back into their base and eventually - after another Baron, several more teamfights and towers, yada yada - sealed the deal. Tough game, that.

LP: 99

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2013 10:14am | Report
I think it always makes you gain 2 and 1 LP each game when you reach ~90 LP in division 1 of any tier. Only way to dodge that is to go from 70 LP to 100, maybe.
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2013 10:27am | Report
^no
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2013 11:24am | Report

I think it always makes you gain 2 and 1 LP each game when you reach ~90 LP in division 1 of any tier. Only way to dodge that is to go from 70 LP to 100, maybe.

In EUNE Gold I, I went from 80-100 with gaining 5 to 6 LP.
In EUW Gold I, I got +26 all the way to 100.

Magic.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide