Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

7.4 Tier List + AMA

Creator: H4xDefender February 20, 2014 5:06pm
4307 posts - page 124 of 431
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2014 6:53pm | Report

Nah, I was talking about competitive. You almost never see lane swaps in SoloQ.

Then you're still not entirely accurate. You get 1v0s, but 2v0s are a bit more uncommon since the fast-push strategy started dying down. That's just a waste of manpower, so it's not really done unless you absolutely want to protect the ADC. It's better for the ADC to get farm and solo exp, since top-laners are comparatively more utility based than farm-based. In competitive, supports roamed a lot more.
For utter hilarity, click >>here<<!

OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2014 7:00pm | Report
I see mid/top swaps a lot. In fact the other day I was mid Jayce and my top Ryze asked to swap because they sent Katarina top and Fiora mid. I was under the influence that Fiora beat Ryze but he ended up stomping her, and I stomped Kat. We were so fast at switching back when they tried to swap, both of us were like 30 cs up on our lane opponents. Gold plays.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 21, 2014 12:17am | Report
Yeah, I very often see lane swaps between top and mid, especially when I'm playing Talon. It's not that uncommon for them to swap halfway through laning phase because the mid laner's feed either. :-)
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 21, 2014 5:08am | Report
I like when they lane swap and it's the same **** for both laners. Or the thing Vapora mentioned, when they decide to swap after you're 3-0 or something. Good plan, let's put two people behind.
Nebrasketball
<Inhouse Regular>
Nebrasketball's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 21, 2014 5:29am | Report
sirell wrote:

Then you're still not entirely accurate. You get 1v0s, but 2v0s are a bit more uncommon since the fast-push strategy started dying down. That's just a waste of manpower, so it's not really done unless you absolutely want to protect the ADC. It's better for the ADC to get farm and solo exp, since top-laners are comparatively more utility based than farm-based. In competitive, supports roamed a lot more.

A laneswap results in a 2v0 (rare, but happened recently), 2v2 (top/support vs adc/support), or normal lane matchups. 1v0 isn't actually a strategy, it's just what happens when you pull toplane for an objective and the other team doesn't want to risk a teamfight. And I don't think 1v2s have happened in a year, which is what my original comment was towards.
I want to be a Blitzball's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 21, 2014 7:34am | Report
Would you recommend Nunu & Willump jungle in soloq? It seems rather team reliant to work well there. Also, any thoughts on Gragas jungle (tank or ap)? Is Spirit of the Ancient Golem ever useful, say on Jarvan IV?

Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 21, 2014 9:54am | Report
I do SotAG on J4. Then again, I only pick J4 if i have to jungle, and everyone else on my team is squishy.

I'm sure SotAG is great for junglers that prefer to itemize tanky, like Rammus
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 21, 2014 10:09am | Report
Wait, is this up to date? If so, I'm not sure whether I agree with the placement of top Lulu, Nidalee & Alistar, AD Tristana, jungle Lee Sin & Elise and mid Yasuo & Zilean (seeing as order within the tiers matters, too) :x

Also been seeing more jungle Rammus recently, not sure whether he deserves a higher placement but I figured I'd put it out there.

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 21, 2014 10:41am | Report

A laneswap results in a 2v0 (rare, but happened recently), 2v2 (top/support vs adc/support), or normal lane matchups. 1v0 isn't actually a strategy, it's just what happens when you pull toplane for an objective and the other team doesn't want to risk a teamfight. And I don't think 1v2s have happened in a year, which is what my original comment was towards.

1v2s have DEFINITELY happened in the last week, let alone year, what are you on? Literally happened in the finals and playoffs, and even in group stages. Sure it doesn't always work out as a 1v2, but teams were definitely looking for them and getting them.

1v0s aren't always planned, but it occurs, like you say. The 0 only occurs when the enemy leaves, obviously, otherwise you get a matchup. But you get them a lot more than 2v0s.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 21, 2014 3:53pm | Report
Well if the bot and top lane swap, i thought the idea was that the top laner will just leech exp from the jungler, and not even bother with top lane. Having had this happen to me several times during my ranked teams, I can say that it is pure misery to be zoned from your creeps, and then get 3v1 dived at level 2.
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide