Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

7.4 Tier List + AMA

Creator: H4xDefender February 20, 2014 5:06pm
4307 posts - page 225 of 431
Bubicica
<Member>
Bubicica's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 25, 2015 3:44am | Report
Fat_fast wrote:
Can anyone tell me why Annie support is the rage again? As well as Ad Ezreal mid, and while you're at it, what do you guys think of Cho'Gath mid?

Cause Annie is not a support. She doesn't support you at all. She's a mage. No heals, no shields, no tanking, no slow, no utility. The only thing she has is a stun. With that basicly you could say any character is a support, hell some are far superior to Annie. "Swain support", "Nocturne support" or "Twisted Fate support" to name a few.

She's a burst mage, but for some reason (probably because she is faceroll easy to play) people bring her as support sometimes.

Altogether, you are better off with more traditional support.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 25, 2015 4:18am | Report
Bubicica wrote:

Cause Annie is not a support. She doesn't support you at all. She's a mage. No heals, no shields, no tanking, no slow, no utility. The only thing she has is a stun. With that basicly you could say any character is a support, hell some are far superior to Annie. "Swain support", "Nocturne support" or "Twisted Fate support" to name a few.

She's a burst mage, but for some reason (probably because she is faceroll easy to play) people bring her as support sometimes.

Altogether, you are better off with more traditional support.

That's not true in the slightest. Annie's good as a support in lane because she has a stun and huge damage even without items, so you easily win trades, especially after level 6. She's good outside of lane for the same reasons, except her stun with Summon: Tibbers is an AoE stun that will usually have a bigger impact on teamfights than even something like Command: Shockwave.

The most important thing to take from this is that she doesn't need gold to be effective, and that's what makes every support. She's not your traditional "protect the carry" support, but she's very strong in other aspects.
Bubicica
<Member>
Bubicica's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 25, 2015 5:15am | Report
As I said, she's just as much of a support as TF is. Yes, you can play her that way, but it's not as effective as regular supps.
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 25, 2015 5:23am | Report
That isn't true. Just because she doesn't sustain the ADC (like say Sona, Nami) and because she isn't a tank ( Leona, Braum) doesn't mean she's a worse support than any of them. She brings damage and utility to the table. TF doesn't because his stun isn't very reliable and because he won't do damage until he gets items, which he'd have to delay in order to buy Sightstone and wards. And on top of the fact that he needs to buy wards and etc, he won't be getting money off of minions, so he'll be short on gold to begin with. Annie on the other hand has high base damages and good scaling, a strong stun and a lot of AoE damage (good because bot lane has at least 2 people at all times).
Fat_fast
<Member>
Fat_fast's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 25, 2015 5:25am | Report
She has a huger AA range, AoE stun, and a tank self-buff, so no, TF is not even in the same league. But that is beside the point, I want to know is there some changes I was unaware off that make her a top pick again, since her popularity went down a bit back when riot introduced a nerf to her base damage. Also about AD Ezreal and Cho'Gath mid... Is there an expert on this?
Bubicica
<Member>
Bubicica's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 25, 2015 5:34am | Report
Oh sorry, tought you were asking why do people get mad when you pick Annie as support, and not why her popularity went down.

Well, good luck with her then!
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 25, 2015 11:58am | Report
At a competitive level hitting skillshots is about reading the enemy player or forcing the enemy into choke points. The MS bonus may help in disrupting expected paths, but even so there's a limit to how beneficial that is. If you're a good enough player you'll be able to hit the skillshots on the target regardless of their movement speed unless your skillshots have significant delay in casting animation. An extra 200~300 damage is much more valued over the 7% movespeed imho.

I'm not claiming that the item is bad - I just don't see how it fits into a standard mage build.

And wtf is this discussion on Annie?

You don't claim a champion is bad because she doesn't fit the archetype of a role - archetypes form around a select role and what is most effective in that role.. A "support" is not necessarily a champion that has heals or shields that "protect" the ADC or "helps the team." Ever since season three the definition of a support has been defined by how well a champion can benefit the team with a low amount of income. Champions like Nami and Janna are not just good supports simply because they can "heal" or "shield." It's because they provide utility to the team through disengage, peel, and followup CC.

In the case of Annie she provides a lot of pick potential with her burst damage and a really strong initiate with her ultimate that provides solid hard cc. This by itself is great enough utility for the team. That's not to say she has an extremely strong laning phase with her poke / all-in potential as well. Her weaknesses are immobility as she's prone to getting caught with no escapes.
UnstoppableBacon
<Member>
UnstoppableBacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2015 10:24am | Report
Where are people ranking Bard for the support role? I play a to of support so I was stoked to see a new support released. I bought the little weirdo and really want him to be good but he just seems meh right now. Thoughts?
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2015 10:31am | Report
Where are people ranking Bard for the support role? I play a to of support so I was stoked to see a new support released. I bought the little weirdo and really want him to be good but he just seems meh right now. Thoughts?

I feel like he's good if he's allowed to do the roam for charms, but most people in soloq won't let him do any of it at all. They'll take the 2v1 and run with it, killing the ADC over and over.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2015 10:38am | Report
I thought the problem was that so many people left to get the shrines rather than stay with the AD. They only give you 20 XP and you lose a lot more by leaving lane.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide