Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

7.4 Tier List + AMA

Creator: H4xDefender February 20, 2014 5:06pm
4307 posts - page 228 of 431
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
HiFromBuddha's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2015 6:33am | Report
Bard is meant to be a Wandering Caretaker, like his title suggests. He isn't really about roaming mid to get kills rather than he is about going around the map to see what he can do for someone, even if it is as simple as laying down a healing shrine for your mid laner or getting some deep wards in.

That doesn't mean that he's good though. In all honesty, I don't know if I can think of a support that does what a support is meant to do worse than Bard. Everything about him outside of gameplay is awesome. His design and aesthetics are unique, his sounds effects are a joy to listen to, and his abilities are fun to use. He just sucks though.

For one, he doesn't really synergise with the support items as well as other supports. When we get into lane phase, he really just can't offer much. He's one of those champions where if you choose to max one ability over the other, then you are really sacrificing a lot. You're either left with below average poke and an incredibly underwhelming heal, or you have a good heal but absolutely no lane presence. It's just **** really. Either way, you suck at extended trades against pretty much any support since you don't offer anything that reliable yourself.

Late game, he's pretty solid. His versatility is almost unparalleled for supports right now. He can do a lot things late game at an average level, and that's good I suppose. The only thing that really does let him down late game is that fact that he feels clunky. Magical Journey's clickbox is really awkward and no where near as smooth as it should be. His Q also feels a bit weird. The travel time on Tempered Fate is also really odd to work with. It's weird because for an ability that's a 2.5s stasis, you'd imagine that you would have a ton of versatility with it. But the travel time and the feel of it limits you to chasing or using it on the backline to stop DPS temporarily. Using it effectively on your allies in clutch situations is difficult.

I love playing Bard, but he just feels a bit bleh right now. I have faith though that when people figure him out, then he'll become a solid niche pick that I will most certainly be playing a lot. Right now though, he kinda just does a lot of things at an underwhelming level.

Thank you to MissMaw for the signatures!
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2015 7:04am | Report
Tbh I'm not even sure what Riot was aiming for.
Roaming support sounded like a stupid idea on paper, and it turns out to be below average anyway.
I mean what's next?
Tanky mid laners?
Squishy top laners that can't peel?

Basically MOBAFire.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2015 7:09am | Report
Tbh I'm not even sure what Riot was aiming for.
Roaming support sounded like a stupid idea on paper, and it turns out to be below average anyway.
I mean what's next?
Tanky mid laners?
Squishy top laners that can't peel?

Roaming supports used to be a thing. They wanted to rekindle it with Bard.

Clearly you werent around to see the roaming cow god.
I want to be a Blitzball's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2015 7:26am | Report
What do you people think of Enchantment: Cinderhulk on Jarvan IV?

Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2015 7:34am | Report

Warrior enchant is likely infinitely better on him.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2015 8:19am | Report

Tough sell on Jarvan IV as he scales exclusively with AD. Enchantment: Warrior syncs a lot better with his kit. But if you need to be a meat shield and want to play knock up bot, it can work, there are just other junglers that do that job better.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2015 8:21am | Report

Tanky mid laners?

Is this new?
Thank you Tsuki for the sig!

OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2015 8:26am | Report
FalseoGod wrote:

Is this new?

Galio? Or does he still not count. Also the term "tanky" is subjective. You could consider Diana a "tanky" mid laner.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2015 8:39am | Report

I'm by no means a jungle main but I used to play a lot of Jarvan and I think its decent. I'd argue Warrior is better but if you need a beefy frontline tank in your teamcomp Cinderculk could definitely work. People used to build Spirit of the Ancient Golem on him when that was the meta so he can get away with skipping damage items for sure.

Warrior enchant is likely infinitely better on him.

That's an exaggeration.

VexRoth wrote:

Tough sell on Jarvan IV as he scales exclusively with AD. Enchantment: Warrior syncs a lot better with his kit. But if you need to be a meat shield and want to play knock up bot, it can work, there are just other junglers that do that job better.

Mostly true but Jarvan brings a lot of unique stuff to a team with his massive engage.
Cooper112
<Member>
Cooper112's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2015 8:39am | Report
Tanky does not mean pure tank diana is actually pretty tanky just with her kit with hour glass, shield and Abyssal. Urgot would likely be the most tank mid laner in pure stats and shields atm.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide