Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

7.4 Tier List + AMA

Creator: H4xDefender February 20, 2014 5:06pm
4307 posts - page 336 of 431
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 26, 2015 1:24pm | Report
Most of those champs have a lot of innate tankyness, (Juggernauts) so they should be able to survive it, especially because they get a lot stronger if they get close ( Darius Q heal for example). And for them, it is a footrace, because they only have their feet.
He is gonna kill you!!!
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 26, 2015 1:55pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

For example, with Garen I could reach with Phantom Dancer the backline against a team of Lulu, Blue Ezreal and Karma, normally impossible to do.

Alternatively, you can build full tank and /laugh at your opponents damage
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 26, 2015 2:22pm | Report
If I needed to chase someone as a juggernaut, I'm buying a cleaver or a deadmans, not a ****ing PD rofl. Extra tankiness is all you need after those 2 items. If you are still losing fights because you are getting kited, your team should be doing something in the meantime.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 26, 2015 11:36pm | Report
If I needed to chase someone as a juggernaut, I'm buying a cleaver or a deadmans, not a ****ing PD rofl. Extra tankiness is all you need after those 2 items. If you are still losing fights because you are getting kited, your team should be doing something in the meantime.

If everyone would live in the perfect world, yes, but not in solo queue. You have to do everything yourself.

The problem with Cleaver is, it only helps you after you are close, not to get there. Deadman's helps you to get close, but slows easily reduce it's effectivity and make it unable for you to slow the enemy and then it doesn't really help you anymore to stay close. If anything, you need a combination of both plus something else like Boots of Swiftness - Alacrity.

If anyone knows how it feels to be kited and knows what to do against it, ask Bruiser'Gath. On him I currently get Iceborn Gauntlet (can be replaced with Frozen Heart while having Rylai's Crystal Scepter in the build), Dead Man's Plate, Phantom Dancer and Boots of Swiftness - Alacrity just to stop them from kiting me.

On Garen, you can combined Phantom Dancer with Essence Reaver and Infinity Edge to revive the good old crit Garen while still having enough tankyness through Randuin's Omen, Spirit Visage and Courage.

BTW: With the next patch, Phantom Dancer will grant 5% base MS and give 7% MS bonus while in 500 units range, so still 12%.
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 27, 2015 2:39am | Report
Don't lecture me on solo queue, rofl. I probably have 4000 more solo queue games than you, and at a way higher elo bracket.

Chogath gets kited because hes a terrible champion.

Phantom dancer makes you explode in fights so the end result is the same, except you buy much less time for your team. PD's damage reduction only works on 1 champ, and only AFTER you reach them and auto them. You shouldn't rely on your team whenever you don't have to in solo queue yes, but you are never going to win teamfights by yourself in any elo bracket that isn't filled with trashcan players unless you are obscenely fed, at which point you can build anything. I think its a passable item on Garen, but not on any other bruiser. Its fine on Kindred/Quinn/GP/Yasuo and ADCs.

I can just as easily say that if you were a better player, you wouldn't need phantom dancer's movespeed to be effective in a fight. You seem to think that champions who build full tank have to right click forward through slows in teamfights towards carries, and don't have any other course of action, which isn't accurate in the slightest. You kite in and out while remaining a threat, but not being open to the full brunt of enemy damage, until your team is ready to follow up. Even if you get to the backline with your PD, you aren't staying there long. By the time you get to your PD, it likely won't even make a difference in teamfights. I guarantee you cannot find me a clip where a bruiser with a PD won his team a semi-properly played fight off the back of his PD-oriented build.

Champions with no real gap closer are flashing in or getting sped up by a support/righteous glory/talisman/following up on an engage, and at that point the black cleaver is way more useful. PD doesn't help champions who can't get in themselves enough to warrant an item slot. It isn't cheap, and literally gives u 0 tankiness until you auto attack.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 27, 2015 11:05am | Report
Gurl.

NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 27, 2015 12:18pm | Report
The problem is, in my games, support only know the word damage and get 0 utility items. That means you have to do everything by yourself.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 27, 2015 12:22pm | Report
What does a support's lack of utility itemization have anything to do with justifying Phantom Dancer on Garen?
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!
I want to be a Blitzball's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 27, 2015 12:29pm | Report
What elo are you playing in? In gold people tend to build somewhat reasonable, with some exceptions. Never seen a thresh, braum, alistar, soraka, nami, blitz build dmg in my silver 1-gold 5 games. On annie and lulu it's pretty reasonable though.

Also, took a liking to Ryze today. Lost most of my games with him, feels really strong damage wise. Suppose he's not that great considering he needs too long to get rolling.

Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 27, 2015 1:11pm | Report
Ryze is completly broken atm, after Catalyst of Aeons+ Tear of the Goddess he stomps anyone with 0 counterplay. Faker is the best example for this. Or generally most of the korean top players.

Demn AP Alistars and AP Blitzcranks...

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide