Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Alistar W->Q Combo

Creator: Adonikam October 31, 2011 3:58am
1 2
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2011 3:58am | Report
So I went into a custom and learnt how to do this (It's basically really hard for Australians to do) and afterwards I immediately went into a ranked game with my duo Q mate Lovensheimer.

First game we were purple team Ali+Trist VS Vayne+Soraka. I told Lovens to push a little faster then them (So we could get level 2 faster) and then I warded the left brush. I hit level two and W+Q'd Soraka, Lovens used reduced healing and she died asap. I flash W'd Vayne and killed her after. ANYWAY I digress, in summary we were 2/0/2 each within 6 minutes and had their tower down. (We lost because Trundle top died 4 times to Irelia).

Second game we tried a different tactic (we were blue team) we killed the double golems as soon as they spawned (Amumu was starting blue so they came back when he got there) and then I waited for two again (we were vsing Soraka+Ashe) warded their brush, and W+Q'd into it. I messed my combo up and we almost lost the lane because of it (Amumu gank put as in again then I didn't mess up again).

Anyway, anyone tried these tactics before? It's actually a really strong duo Q strategy and almost guaranteed to win you your lane.

JHOIJHOI IS THE BESTEST PERSON IN THE WHOLE WORLD AND THIS SIG IS AMAZING TY <3
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2011 4:22am | Report
Alistar pretty much is a free malphite ult every 10 seconds if you can land it every time.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2011 4:37am | Report
I... I need to practice W-Q.... All I do it Flash-Q-W, or W a minion and Q the champs.
:( I'm a noob...
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2011 4:42am | Report
W->Q combo is pretty standard to use on Alistar isn't it? :S

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2011 4:42am | Report
It is not that easy to land it correctly, most often I headput people away before stump is going in :P
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2011 4:46am | Report
I think it's harder when you use your Headbutt on max range. For some reason I feel like it has something to do with the animation of the skill: even if you Headbutt someone from close range, Alistar still has to complete his Headbutt animation before knocking someone back, giving you just a little bit more time to Pulverize.. But to be honest that's just what it feels like, not sure whether that's actually true xD

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2011 7:26am | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

W->Q combo is pretty standard to use on Alistar isn't it? :S

It's really hard to get the hang of with 200+ ping

JHOIJHOI IS THE BESTEST PERSON IN THE WHOLE WORLD AND THIS SIG IS AMAZING TY <3
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2011 7:29am | Report
Right >.<
Yeah I read that and kind of ignored it apparently, my bad :P

Still though asking whether anyone else ever tried this makes it sound like something special/new (which it isn't imho) ^^

Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2011 7:31am | Report
Oh I was referring to the 1. Warding left brush, pushing lane faster then W+Q for FB/lane dominance and 2. Killing double golems to get level 2/half way to level 2 and winning your lane that way.
Australians, the best gamers in the world combined with the worst ping.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2011 7:37am | Report
Right, I thought that were simply examples of how the W-->Q combo can work out well.
To answer the actual question then (finally xD): I have used wards in the brush in order to be able to do my W+Q combo. Especially when laning with Vayne I would advise warding the brush since it also allows her to stun enemies with Condemn.

Getting both golems (if your jungler starts @ blue buff) is actually a high ELO trick I picked up during the IEM NY. Haven't done that myself yet though :O no idea why, thanks for reminding me lol xD

1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide