Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Best AP Mid

Creator: XDotaIsBetterX April 21, 2012 10:52pm
135 posts - page 4 of 14
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2012 1:27pm | Report
Kassadin is overarated. Morgana is overrated
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2012 1:43pm | Report
Kassadin is overrated because 'oh **** 2.6 second silence now I'm useless.'

And people forget auto-attacks do a lot of damage early game, so they don't abuse the fact that Kassadin is melee.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
albableat
<Member>
albableat's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2012 2:32pm | Report
LaronX wrote:
Fist. You don't know Scaara don't you? He is the best Kata player out there of that I am sure. You should watch him playe her. He goes in gets a Trippel kill and is like "Meh...it was ok"

Second. It does depend on the champ. If you get on a similar skill lvl , which the elo system shoud garant to a certain degree, a cham pick can change the flow of a lane quite a bit. If you try to lane Fizz vs Cassio will get hurt ...pretty bad.

First, yes I do. And I like Tiensi's Kat much more then Scarra's. Although Scarra is really good at her as well.

Fizz vs Cassio?
It's funny because I've raped that lane both ways xD
Want to see an in-depth diamond level LeBlanc guide? Come by and check this ;) It's written by Baekstra who is a Diamond LeBlanc main on EUW and being one myself, I can vouch for it 100%!
albableat
<Member>
albableat's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2012 2:33pm | Report
And indeed, both Kass and Morg are extremely overrated.
Want to see an in-depth diamond level LeBlanc guide? Come by and check this ;) It's written by Baekstra who is a Diamond LeBlanc main on EUW and being one myself, I can vouch for it 100%!
CasterMaster
<Veteran>
CasterMaster's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2012 2:47pm | Report
albableat wrote:

Best AP mid is not a champion D:

It's a player that plays the champ.

Keep thinking of it everytime when I hear **** like "Kat is useless, loses lane to everyone, can't even kill most champs in lane" and then I head over to TiensiNoAkuma's stream and see him completely stomping Kassadins, Morganas and all sort of **** that counters Kat.

As long as you play a champion really well, it's the best AP mid ;)

This person knows the answer to this question/statement. End of story

My Elise Guide | My Kassadin Guide
Thanks to jhoijhoi, albableat, Arcana3, GMD and I for the awesome sigs! im a zombie
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2012 2:48pm | Report
i was just really surprised to see kassadin as a "must ban" i dont even see him played at my elo anymore. just too many counters.

Thanks to Anal Samurai for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
SwizzNL
<Member>
SwizzNL's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2012 3:11pm | Report
This is really an interest topic. As said in a previous post: it really depends on a player! If you go play ranked you should know which champion counters who.

I think, for example, that Ryze is the perfect counter to Veigar especially when you have your Banshee's Veil! Galio is also a good counterpick to the regular AP chars and in my opinion the best against burst characters like Cassiopeia, Veigar and LeBlanc because every MR item you stack on Galio how more they need to burst to get you down.
Cassiopeia and LeBlanc are, on the other hand, a very nice counter to squishy, low mobility, characters. They can fire their burst so incredibly fast that you can't believe it at first, but the disappointing fact is that LeBlanc falls of in late game in my opinion and Cassiopeia is getting more and more stronger.

But if I had to make a list of my top tier mid champs it will go in this order!

1. Really a hard one but I have to choose Ryze then. Not because it's my main char or something like that, but after lvl 6 you have a low-CD ulti which can get you back 1/2 of your HP when you have destroyed a minion wave and even more if you combine it with Will of the Ancients, you are the tankiest mage in the League while also dealing (in Phreak's words) TONS OF DAMAGE and you can use your skills almost as a DPS char because you have low to zero CD!
2. This is gonna be Cassiopeia. Very strong burst damage throughout the game and, when hitted lvl 6, a very nice ultimate that can really turn teamfights around.
3. The third place goes to Morgana. Can farm extremely well with her Tormented Shadow, Dark Binding is a damn long snare and, especially in teamfights where you can snare their AD/AP carry, can lead to a very nice advantage of your team and on top of that a very nice, quite low-CD, ultimate that is very useful in teamfights to CC their whole team.
4. This place will be Ahri. Very good sustain because of her passive, good farming tools and very nice damage with her Q/W. Her E is a very nice form of CC to harass even more and her ultimate can get you out of sticky situations when needed.
5. The fifth place goes to Kassadin. Why place 5? Because he gets permabanned in ranked games because of it's insane low CD on Riftwalk which is basically a free Flash! Also has very high burst damage and a good combination of damage/CC with his Q and E.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2012 3:11pm | Report

Who do you think is the best ap mid the League?

In my opinion, Ahri and Gragas. I think they have the best sustain in the game of 1v1 ap mid

No such thing as the best but if I really have to rate one the best, I'd say Cassiopeia or Morgana due to their amazing laning power, great sustainability and the fact they have no hardcounters (no, not even Kassadin).
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2012 3:15pm | Report
Mooninites wrote:

Kassadin is overarated. Morgana is overrated

Kassadin is nowadays seen as an OP caster, while he is an anti-caster. Think outside the meta and he is screwed; also there is a good bunch of champs who can lane against him. He is not overrated, people simply do not know how to coop with him in the lane and that is exactly why I ban him in soloq.

Morgana is definitely not overrated; ridiculously strong when played right. She has no real counter in lane ( Cassiopeia is probably her hardest match-up) and has extreme teamfighting potential. Additionally, Black Shield is probably one of the most broken skills in the game, if used right.
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2012 7:13pm | Report
ryze and morg are my toppers.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide