Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

CDR over 40% on guide made by 2200 elo, help...

Creator: dadde October 2, 2012 7:34pm
1 2
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2012 2:48pm | Report
Well, morde's role is AP caster and neither bruiser or the tank. So, the big armor and aura are basically wasted because other champs could get way better use out of it. And the only good stat you have now is the cdr, which is kinda meh.

The thing is, supports get there items mostly for the active part and mostly overall cost efficient items. These are mostly: Aegis of the Legion, Shurelya's Battlesong, Locket of the Iron Solari(very underrated).

Now you have to add in boots where you either go Mobility Boots for map control with warding and clearing wards or Ionian Boots of Lucidity for better babysitting. (Lately it seems to be people prefer Mobility Boots, map control wins games).

The last two items totally depend on your and the enemy team. They should be aura items which help your team but nobody other gets it enough. And it doesn't matter if the stats on yourself are wasted.
astrolia
<Fabulous>
astrolia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2012 3:09pm | Report
You mentioned Locket of the Iron Solari but not Zeke's Herald?
hi embracing. yes i play ff14 now.
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2012 7:31pm | Report
People hate on the build all day long. But the fact of the matter is, with max CDR, 212 armor, 620 ap, and 112 mres, i can 1v3 almost anyone and walk out with at least half health. HATERS GONNA HATE ILL KEEP STEPPIN AND FARMIN IP.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2012 8:14pm | Report

People hate on the build all day long. But the fact of the matter is, with max CDR, 212 armor, 620 ap, and 112 mres, i can 1v3 almost anyone and walk out with at least half health. HATERS GONNA HATE ILL KEEP STEPPIN AND FARMIN IP.

A lategame champion can fight people with full build? What is this madness?
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2012 10:19pm | Report
Exactly, a fed mordekaiser can pretty much do that already, even without Frozen Heart
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2012 3:18am | Report
zeke's herald is a team dependent item. For example, if you have a double AP comp and a jungler which doesn't use AA that well, I wouldn't get that item early.

Aegis of the Legion, Shurelya's Battlesong and Locket of the Iron Solari are good all the time independent of your or the enemy team.
He is gonna kill you!!!
astrolia
<Fabulous>
astrolia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2012 4:14am | Report
Aegis of the Legion is a very generic aura item, yes.

Shurelya's Battlesong is not as generic as you think. It implies your team needs more engage or disengage. And if your team doesn't need additional dis/engage, why would you waste your hard-to-come-by support-gold on it instead of another item? Not to mention, lots of tank/initiator junglers will just buy their own Shurelya's Battlesong so they can initiate as they please.

Locket of the Iron Solari is also really really really not a generic aura item. The AoE shield means its good against AoE damage. But AoE damage is often magic damage-based due to the poor itemization of AD casters, yet this item gives armor. It also scales based on levels, something a support doesn't have. And in terms of cost effectiveness, it's behind Aegis/Zeke's/Reverie - even the now price changed WotA has a better cost efficiency.

If my AD carry has snowballing potential, I would definitely rather buy Zeke's Herald as my first item regardless of who/what my other team members are. Many "non-obvious" characters will scale with Zeke's Herald even though they are not AD - Diana's passive, Orianna's passive, Shyvana, Shen, Nautilus. Even if they don't have some kind of ability that scales with ASPD, the ASPD will actually help my non-AD/non-ASPD team mates push/autoattack towers. That lifesteal and ASPD helps AD carries before they get a Bloodthirster or Phantom Dancer, especially if they opt for Trinity Force first.

There's also actually a statistical correlation between "Buying Zeke's Herald" and "Winning Games".

Spoiler: Click to view

Even if I set the data to show "all" games (as in all ranked and all normals combined), Zeke's Herald is still consistently a top aura item for all supports except for Janna.
hi embracing. yes i play ff14 now.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide