Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Champions I never see going mid and wonder why.

Creator: m00d December 29, 2011 1:19pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2011 4:18pm | Report
Capn_Evan wrote:

Lol, Lux vs Annie mid, Lux wins anytime. First thing is; she can easily zone Annie with her abilities, it's actually pretty easy to land an E on them if they're typical AP Casters and start Doran's Ring. Lux does way more DPS early game than Annie, because of her passive too, she can farm like a queen. Other than that, her ulti almost hurts as much as Annie's but it's sick longer and sick much harder to avoid.

Tell me Lux isn't a good AP carry. I'll roflcopter :)

Lux isn't a good, nor viable AP carry.

For one - AP carries that aren't Gragas ALWAYS start with boots, from the fact you said they started with Doran's rings alone makes me question your skill.

Lux really doesn't do more damage than Annie. At any stage of the game. Annie's base damages are higher than Lux's.

" ulti almost hurts as much as Annie's but it's sick longer and sick much harder to avoid."
Oh god that grammar.

Ignoring the grammar, how is Lux's ult harder to avoid than Annie's? Annie's is instant. The fact it's longer is nullified by the fact anybody with a brain can dodge it, and the fact that it's far harder to stop a bear (that stuns you) landing on your head.

IceCreamy wrote:

But Lux can snipe from long range. And she has CC as in snare/slow, and she has an AoE shield. She has a way longer range.

Anyways that is just a matter of preference... I am having more fun with Lux than with Annie, so I play Lux often. Also "right-click-win" champions are kinda boring to me... Sometimes it is fun but only when I am bored :P

Which leaves me with this. With Lux I can take down a squishy with 1 combo, with Annie I can't. Perhaps it is my unskilledness with Annie, but...

I don't see Annie in mid often either :P

Didn't question Lux's range, but the range is irrelevant. To use that range it's far easier to dodge her stuff, and more damage usually > more range. Also, Xerath >>>>>>>> Lux.

I didn't question Lux's fun. Lux is a very fun champion to play. The fact of the matter is, though, she's a very bad pick and isn't anything you'll be seeing in tournaments any time soon.

Lux doesn't have more CC than Annie. Annie has an AoE stun in her bear. This recharges and stuns more. Stuns >>>>>>>> roots which might not hit anyway. The snare is negligible and you need to use it for damage anyway.

If you can't take down squishies with Annie then you're doing it wrong. Make sure your build isn't bad and you don't take points in E, just as you don't take points in Lux's W. The numbers say Annie has more damage than Lux and as such she does.

Annie probably was a bad example, though it was just the first example of a point and click mage I could think of. Xerath would've been a far better comparison, but you get the picture either way.
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2011 4:18pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Name one way in which Lux is better than Morgana, and I'll give you a cookie.

I second this notion.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2011 4:19pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Lux's ult is pretty good and really fun to use, but Morgana's is still ten times better. Keep trying. :P

No, it's really not better.

Morgana's requires her to build at the very least an hourglass, and also requires her to get in super close to the enemy team.

Lux just laughs at you from her spawn and uses it 20 seconds later, it's annoying as ****.

Also, when was the last time you saw a Morgana steal Baron?

Point in case. :P

Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2011 4:24pm | Report
K well let's look at the pros and cons:

Morgana:

-Massive CC on possibly a whole team
-Massive AoE damage on possibly a whole team
-Forces everyone to Flash to get away

Lux:

-Long range
-????
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2011 4:45pm | Report
lol Luther open your eyes bro. :P

I already know Morg is better then Lux, but they do relatively different things.

but in continuing with the whole Pro's and cons thing:

-AoE Snare > Single Target Snare (Lux: 1 Morgana: 0)
-AoE DoT > AoE Splosions (Lux: 1 Morgana: 1)
-CC Shield > AoE Shield (Lux: 1 Morgana: 2
-AoE Lazers > AoE Chains (Lux: 2 Morgana: 2)

OFC Morgana wins just because she does a billion times more damage then Lux, but just looking at the skillset, I would probably choose Lux. And if they buffed her AP Ratio's by .5 or sth? :P

Funfact:

With max CDR Lux's ult has about a 20 second cd, that means 5 ults in the time a Morgana with no CDR can do 1 :P

IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2011 4:51pm | Report
Lux ult does not allow you to Flash, you just die.

Anyhow... every time I see a Morgana vs Lux, Lux just wins and Morgana goes back to bake cookies.

Btw indeed, Lux > Morgana when it comes to stealing baron.

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2011 5:10pm | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

-AoE Snare > Single Target Snare

Morgana's has a longer duration, higher base damage and higher AP ratio.

IceCreamy wrote:

Lux ult does not allow you to Flash, you just die.

Anyhow... every time I see a Morgana vs Lux, Lux just wins and Morgana goes back to bake cookies.

Btw indeed, Lux > Morgana when it comes to stealing baron.

It also does like half the damage and doesn't CC.

How? They have the exact same skillset except Morgana's shield is better, her Q is better, her pool is at least as good and her ult is better.

Baron stealing is more or less irrelevant assuming the jungler knows how to use Smite.
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2011 5:16pm | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

With max CDR Lux's ult has about a 20 second cd, that means 5 ults in the time a Morgana with no CDR can do 1 :P

Moot point. Do you really expect team fights to last over 24 seconds? You won't have time to use more than one. Maybe one for finishing off, but that's it. You can't waste it, either. You won't be using it every 24 seconds on the 24th second.

Regarding -
-AoE Snare > Single Target Snare (Lux: 1 Morgana: 0)
-AoE DoT > AoE Splosions (Lux: 1 Morgana: 1)
-CC Shield > AoE Shield (Lux: 1 Morgana: 2
-AoE Lazers > AoE Chains (Lux: 2 Morgana: 2)

You assume each is a 1 value. Not to mention that you don't take into account the AoE stun Morgana has.

Lux (going through her abilities, didn't count W because it's one of the worst skills in the game) -
Kind of slow, let's be honest it's used for damage and is a tiny range
Snare that can get 2 people if you're lucky
AoE ult

Morg -
The longest snare in the game on Q
Infinite farm with W
Ungankable in lane due to shield
Shield with really good scaling and CC immunity
AoE ult
AoE slow on ult
AoE stun on ult

@IceCreamy
Yes it does. Half a second is a lot of time, especially when it takes a finger press to avoid.

Edit: Oh, and yes, as Luther has pointed out, if you're not the jungler and you're against competent players, you will never steal baron.
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2011 5:39pm | Report

Oh well, I will still have more fun playing Lux than playing Morgana, and whatever you guys say doesn't change it <3

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2011 5:47pm | Report
Nobody said anything about fun, I used to play Lux all the time as my main AP when I was level ~16-30. I just wish she were more useful.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide