Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Champions I never see going mid and wonder why.

Creator: m00d December 29, 2011 1:19pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 30, 2011 3:16pm | Report
^zhonyas 2 gud on morgana.

I'm gonna make a short list which is easy to understand.
Lux double snare 1:0 Morgana single snare
Lux team-shield 2:1 Morgana single magic damage shield with higher scaling and cc immunity
Lux slow/instaburst 3:1 Morgana slow damage
Lux no sustain 3:2 Morgana passive sustain
Lux long range low cd nuke 3:3 Morgana teamchanging Ulty which that just wins teamfights by itself.
so it's a tie? Nope...
A 5 year old girl with downs syndrome from southern indonesia, who lost both her arms in a horrible car accident can play morgana pretty decently, by just smashing her head into the keyboard with a laugh only a downs syndrome patient could make.
If she picked lux on the other hand...

Thing is, morgana is just soo much easier and more assuring to play.. U click 1 button(2 with zhonyas, 3 with flash) and win. Lux, well u know the story...
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 30, 2011 3:52pm | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

Oh and uh, R does more damage then smite, problem?

I lol'd.

At level 18, Smite does 870 true damage. Lux ult does 500 + 0.75 of AP in magic damage. For reference, Baron has 70 MR, which means he reduces magic damage by around 42% or so. In what universe does Lux's ult do more damage than Smite?

You would need at least 700 AP and a Void Staff to even get close.
Samoh
<Member>
Samoh's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 30, 2011 4:22pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

I lol'd.

At level 18, Smite does 870 true damage. Lux ult does 500 + 0.75 of AP in magic damage. For reference, Baron has 70 MR, which means he reduces magic damage by around 42% or so. In what universe does Lux's ult do more damage than Smite?

Ohoho! Nighthawk got burned, don't wanna see you in da hood tonigh'!

Thanks to Koksei, The_Nameless_Bard,JhoiJhoi, LaCorpse, JEFFY40HANDS and myself for the signatures! I am also a certified gangster.
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 30, 2011 5:08pm | Report
The thing is that people try to disable morgana when shes ulting, and you just zhonyas to win
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 30, 2011 6:25pm | Report
Depends.

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 30, 2011 7:44pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

I lol'd.

trolol, you don't know much about Lux's ult do you?

For example, it applies Lux's passive.

However I won't count that since we are assuming Lux is stealing Baron from across the map and not from behind it or sth.

In which case a full build (about 650 AP with masteries + runes) Lux's ult does about 900 damage. Since Voidstaff + Masteries cuts that down to about zero depending on whether you take Mpen Quints/Glyphs or not, (32 MR without Mpen Quints/Glyphs, about 27 MR with Mpen Quints, and 21 with Glyphs assuming you aren't in range of Scepter.) It will reduce damage by about 16%, which means 900 is cut down 756. Which indeed means that stealing Baron from across the map without stacking AP is quite hard Unless they try to do Baron before 18 or sth stupid like that.

However if we assume Lux is stealing it from behind baron (also very hard to stop) then we can safely add the passive damage, which means 756 + 190 = 946, meaning it does indeed do more damage, not even including the ability she would have had to use to get the illumination affect.

If we include that, well then that baron steal is upped to at the very least 1400 damage.

Problemz junglers?

PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 30, 2011 7:49pm | Report
Smite- Feast I win.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 30, 2011 7:50pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

Smite- Feast I win.

Lux who takes CV + Smite.

Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2011 7:15am | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

In which case a full build (about 650 AP with masteries + runes) Lux's ult does about 900 damage. Since Voidstaff + Masteries cuts that down to about zero depending on whether you take Mpen Quints/Glyphs or not, (32 MR without Mpen Quints/Glyphs, about 27 MR with Mpen Quints, and 21 with Glyphs assuming you aren't in range of Scepter.) It will reduce damage by about 16%, which means 900 is cut down 756. Which indeed means that stealing Baron from across the map without stacking AP is quite hard Unless they try to do Baron before 18 or sth stupid like that.

...So Lux needs a full build and 650+ AP and her ult still doesn't beat Smite.

Well done proving my point. :D
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2011 9:49am | Report
Lux generally needs to be ahead (on kills and/or CS) the entire time at mid. Which makes her a pretty challenging champion to be successful with mid if you're up against a good Cassiopeia, Xerath, Kassadin, LeBlanc, etc.

Fiddle is pretty weak right now because he isn't very good in the jungle and he can get destroyed mid by a heavy harasser
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide