Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Countering Katarina ?

Creator: Atki April 14, 2011 5:50am
1 2 3
Atki
<Member>
Atki's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2011 5:50am | Report
Sup peeps ..

Alright, i keep getting raped by Katarina, i honestly have NO CLUE on how to counter her ..
I stack MR, but he ******** ulti still tears my whole team apart ..
It seems like, if Katarina is in the right hands, she's unstoppable ..

So, all of you pro people in here, how can i put this b**** down ?

I wish Roofies was an item, i'd get it everytime ..

/A

Thanks to NinjaSprite for the signature !! :D
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2011 5:55am | Report
Let renekton lane against her ussaly works pretty well.

And always save a stun for her ult.
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2011 5:55am | Report
Blitzcrank.

But seriously you want heavy stuns/knock-ups/silences/etc. for when she ults, if she can't ult she's basically useless.
Australians, the best gamers in the world combined with the worst ping.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2011 7:18am | Report
I love Katarina (and sorry I have been ripping your teams apart ^^). Katarina is argued as so unviable these days, its not even funny. You want to know why? Because people seem to think she is useless without her ult and some people don't know when to time it right. The main reason is because her ult is one of the easiest to counter in the game. Silence, thats all you need. And make sure your silence person waits to use it on Katarina, even if she doesn't seem to be there. Because you know as soon as that silence is used she is gonna jump out of some random bush and rape what faces you have left.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Illuvitarian
<Member>
Illuvitarian's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2011 7:32am | Report
Yep definitely agreed with the above comments I use taric to take care of her normally but really any stun or silence works great playing smart is how to counter kat.....

+rep me if you like what I got to say. Semper Fi!

Atki
<Member>
Atki's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2011 1:36pm | Report
Yeah okay, don't know why i didn't think of that -_-

Although, if you have some new guy on your team, or some dude that doesn't speak english, i guess it's pretty hard to explain when to use his silence/stun on her ..
I think that's the main problem, other peoples incompetence to be a bit harsh here lol :b

Well i guess that takes care of the problem, i just gotta pick a stunner some more, which suits me really, since i play Udyr a hell of a lot ..

Thanks for the replies :)

/A

Thanks to NinjaSprite for the signature !! :D
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2011 1:42pm | Report
Kat is one of the easiest champions to counter.

Any CC shuts down her prime damage source.

Take champions with on-demand hard CC or silences, such as Alistar, Cho'gath, Taric, Sion, Blitzcrank, Janna, Kassadin, Poppy, Anivia, Fiddlesticks, the list goes on.

Also, putting any ranged champion against her in lane will make her laning phase miserable, and she'll feed/get denied.

Your team should try to remain spread out when she's around, and focus her when she shunpo's in. Try to save at least one CC for her ,or else your katarina counter will go down the drain.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
VoiD
<Member>
VoiD's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2011 8:23pm | Report
Her ult can be disrupted just like Nunu's ult by crowd control such as stun, knock up, pull, etc.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2011 8:56pm | Report
I do quite awesome with Katarina solo against ranged champions. The only people I have met that actually do better than me is one of my best LoL friends using Kennen and against a Ryze that is really really good early game.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
nomad93
<Member>
nomad93's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2011 8:58pm | Report
i just faced a kat last game as yi. she was out by herself trying to push a lane, she jump on me ulted and exhaust and i out lifesteal'ed her and rape her as all while taking the ult straight to the face like man.

but thats how a real man does take straight to the face.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide