Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

How did you choose your usernames?

Creator: BlueArtist August 2, 2014 2:55am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2014 6:58am | Report
Wayne3100: unfortunately, the very boring story behind this is I simply needed a new email address, so I started with my name, then added some numbers until something was available (didn't want to use my last name). Since then, I've used it whenever I needed an account for anything.

As for my current summoner name (Sereth), the inspiration came from Dust: an Elysian Tail (I'd recommend anyway who likes Action RPG games but doesn't know the name to check it out): it's this guy. I had been looking for a new name for a while - and unfortunately none of the brilliant suggestions of the MOBAFire community could convince me - and thought it sounded cool, so I went for it :)

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2014 7:03am | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:
unfortunately none of the brilliant suggestions of the MOBAFire community could convince me
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2014 7:34am | Report
Quoted:
You pronounce "Meiyjhe" as "me"?

If someone says "me" I hear this soft "j" at the end. So I extended that and made it more relevant :3
Change is gooooood
Picture by: MrMad2000

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2014 7:46am | Report
I've had a million user names LOL

One of my first usernames was Vortex Raven. This was a character in a game called pwi, where I played a cleric (which was a wind based mage that caused cyclones and stuff) and was part of the winged elf race (an angelic race with... wings!) so there you go xD Vortex cause I couldn't differentiate between a vortex and cyclone at the time and raven cause... it was the first bird that came to mind.

My name on league is a combination of the last name of an anime character I used to really like (and I still do) and one of my nicknames.

The character, however, was Xerxes Break and the first time I created my account I typoed and was too lazy to make a new one so I stuck with Xeres xD

Ace is just how some friends decided to call me and I thought it sounded cool so yeah.. VERY CREATIVE STORIES.
Thanks to GrandmasterD for the sig!
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2014 7:49am | Report
I don't know how tbh. I just sort of have it.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2014 7:54am | Report

My name derives from this video. Spencer is my favorite character in the game, and Combofiend is like, my hero.

But now the name works out cause I have a reputation around here for loving robot stuff and other tech things
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2014 8:24am | Report
My name is a character from a set of novels. The Nameless Bard being a prideful man who attempted to create a magical copy of himself to preserve his music exactly as he himself would sing it. When the copy of himself escaped, killing one of his apprentices and permanently silencing the other, the Harpers put him on trial and wiped his name and songs from the realms and also magically compelled him you forget his own name. Sounds just like me, right? 8D

amandamonium (my summoner name) is a play on words...my name, Amanda, and the word pandemonium.
IPodPulse
<Altruistic Artist>
IPodPulse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2014 8:39am | Report
I have had a total of 3 usernames my entire life: dilly7000000, IPodPulse, and the more recent one of iPulsefire

dilly7000000 was a name given to me by a friend of mine when we started playing runescape together. His name was dilly1000000, so naturally we replaced 1 with 7. I kept this username for 3-5 years until wanting to swap it

IPodPulse was the first name that popped in my head, mainly due to the iPod touch second gen I received. I changed to this username after awhile and have kept it ever since, it catchy, easy to remember, plus most people abbreviate it by just saying "ipod". Ive kept this username up until a couple months ago

My current username for every other new account I make is iPulsefire. I still wanted to keep the "I" part in there because of a suggestion i got from the blog I made about my name change. While playing some games I remembered I have the Pulsefire Ezreal skin. So i just combined the two and got iPulsefire, which is awesome because it is a LoL reference plus i got to keep the "I" and "Pulse" part from my last username
If you found me helpful give me some +Rep :)
Signature Shop!|Tryndamere Guide|Rengar Guide

Run out of zen for a signature? Stop by The_Nameless_Bard for a custom signature, all you have to do is ask!
TheKut
<Member>
TheKut's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2014 12:09pm | Report
My Mobafire name is an old nickname of mine in seventh grade, my current name in LoL - TheLittleBastard is what my girlfriend calls my **** to get on my nerves.
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2014 12:54pm | Report
I read a book.

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide