Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

How did you find our your main role?

Creator: Levy March 4, 2015 12:17pm
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2015 4:17pm | Report
I main stuff through a combination of synergy with myself and playing what is also popular or strong during patch changes.

I have had so many mains over the course I've played the game, but I stick primarily to the support role.

I used to main Blitzcrank in Season 2 until they nerfed him during Season 3, then I switched to Leona for the consequent Seasons 3 and 4. Meta changes means Leona isn't as strong as she used to be and climbing up the ladder means her somewhat predictable mechanics receive much more counterplay that I don't see in Gold and below.

Right now I'm pretty much a Janna and Alistar main. The cow has kind of been a pocket pick for me since Season 2 and Janna just pretty reliable right now.

Short version is just that I pick my champions based on how well I do with them in-game.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2015 4:19pm | Report
I wouldn't say I have a main role. I switch a lot based on what I find most fun in the meta as it stands. In seasons 2 that was jungling, in 3 that was support. Support continued halfway through season 4 then I transitioned into more of a top laner. Im kind of leaning back on jungling and top laning currently.

Not sure if theres a specific "thing" that makes me like any of these roles.

Edit: Its pretty clear I favor supportive/tankier roles.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2015 4:32pm | Report
I used to play a lot of Lux mid. A lot of my friends also mained mid and I had been learning jungle from watching TheOddOne, so I ended up playing a lot of jungle. By season 3 it had become my best role. I still don't have many friends that play jungle so sometimes I end up playing jungle for like 30+ games in a row, even if they're all normals.

I like strategic decision-making more than flawless mechanics as a way to win the game, so jungle seems like a good fit for me. Support and top lane are pretty fun too.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
Darealone
<Member>
Darealone's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2015 5:38pm | Report

Yet you main Jayce apparently. ;p

That's another story.
I main...the entire top lane.
I miss: Tank Rengar top, AD Nidalee, Mash Keyboard Ryze...the OPs
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2015 6:26pm | Report
I kinda swapped around from adc mid top and jungle but ended up playing mid the most

You don't really have to categorize yourself into an "x role player"

just play the champs you want to play, and you'll eventually learn the roles through those champions
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2015 6:34pm | Report
I'm not exactly sure what got me into playing support, but I've played the role exclusively since season 2 and I don't see myself ever swapping to a different role at this point.

thank you jhoijhoi for the signature <3
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2015 6:48pm | Report
I've pretty much been maining support since season one. I happen to enjoy supportive roles in nearly all of the games I play that allow for them. :D
Slappiz
<Member>
Slappiz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2015 8:23pm | Report
I main a champion which happens to be a support. But if I don't play Janna I prefer either ADC or jungle.

In general I'm better as ADC than support but my Janna is godlike ;)
Levy
<Member>
Levy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2015 5:23am | Report
Theres some interesting stories on how you got into a role, I also didn't think there would be so many replies and I thank you for it :) I do now realise that I enjoy getting kills and out thinking my opponents to win, I also seem to be able to carry some times if my team is behind.
fakefetus
<Member>
fakefetus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2015 6:03am | Report
I currently main Jng and Sub for Support. My reasoning is pretty simple. I have played a lot of MMO's I always played utility healers, so Support role is pretty instinctive. I ended Jungle Main because my friends are way better than me and dislike the jungle. However Support roles(in other games) are frequently about positioning and concealment. So gank's were easy to adapt for my playstyle. Also I tend to play best when the situation is dodgy and or stressful. Jungle lets me get that advantage as I start feeling the pressure of the whole teams individual failures.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide