Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

How to overcome a bad mid-game

Creator: BluAnimal September 23, 2012 6:22pm
1 2
BluAnimal
<Member>
BluAnimal's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 23, 2012 7:58pm | Report
When I build Jax I normally go:

Mercury's Treads
Bilgewater Cutlass/ Wriggle's Lantern
And then usually Phage/ Sheen/ Giant's Belt

But once team fights come around in mid-game I seem to do no damage nor last at all in the fight. I stomp my lane early game and I have an incredible late-game but I'm almost too scared to fight mid-game. I don't really see how Guardian Angel would help me but I'll build it after my Bilgewater Cutlass or Wriggle's Lantern or whatever.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 23, 2012 8:00pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

What? I don't even...

What kind of games are you playing in where laning lasts until 25 minutes and you have IE + PD? That almost never happens. I can only remember playing one game where laning phase lasted that long. The instant any tower on the map drops, it's mid game.

35 minutes is about the time that most games end. Often the game is decided long before that.

I really don't see people take towers before 20m in the games I play unless I'm the one taking them.

Team fights usually start around 30m, skirmishes at towers usually start around like 20m
Tri lane for life.
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2012 4:08am | Report
get fed early :).

or carry hard late.
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2012 10:31am | Report
Cait and Jax bad in midgame? Are you serious?
+Rep me if i'm useful!
Phil15
<Member>
Phil15's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2012 1:27pm | Report
My reaction atm

H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 26, 2012 10:32pm | Report
Use my Jax build :P.

Cait and trist are ads with bad midgames, and they are all I can think of off the top of my head. TF comes to mind as a bad midgame AP generally, since he can't nuke very hard yet, can't pick off people in lane with ult ganks, and doesn't have the items to splitpush, but eh, I don't play him enough to know definitively.
Hyogetaki Hisame
<Member>
Hyogetaki Hisame's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 27, 2012 12:33am | Report
Cait, bad mid game?

Nope, in fact, she's still strong in mid game, her skills are still useful in early team fights if she had a decent laning phase. Berserker's, Infinity edge and vampiric can make you hit kinda hard when people still don't have enough armor, and if you got at least a zeal, you usually melt them.

As a cait player, mid game is usually what decides the game, if I get fed, late game is gonna be a breeze, If I don't, then she's gonna fall behind in late game.

TF, bad mid game?

Depends on the build, a TF with at least a sheen, a Rabadon's and sorcerer's boots usually make his wild cards hit really hard, tough he's squishy as hell if you follow this route.

Now if you go for a rod of ages, then you, indeed, still don't have enough power, tough you're more survivable.

Bad mid game champions, are, imo, Nasus since he still haven't farmed up his Q enough yet and Tristana.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide