Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Innervating Locket and Sunfire Capes [Aww poor...

Creator: Restrictnine#5232 December 14, 2010 7:18pm
1 2
Restrictnine#5232
<Veteran>
Restrictnine#5232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2010 7:18pm | Report
Now, everyone by now knows that Sunfires were nerfed to hell and Locket was removed. "But Taggrin, I dont understand! Sunfires are only GOOD when stacked, and locket was a pointless support-only item!"

Oh silly MOBAfire noobs, I beg to differ. First of all, Sunfire stacks were only important for stupid tanks like Garen, Shen, and Rammus. Shen and Rammus have plenty of ways to deal damage other than Sunfires, and GAREN was supposed to be a melee DPS in the first place!!! I believe the main reason for making sunfire damage unique was to take Garen away from being a stupid tank and making him what he was supposed to be: A MELEE DPS.

Sunfires were designed for champs like Udyr, Mordekaiser, and Amumu, who have similar DoTs as skills. One sunfire gives them everything they need. They get a **** load of health, some decent armor, and 40 magic damage per second that only compounds with their awesome AoE skills. Not a nerf to the item. The item works just fine. Its a nerf to the Tanks that abused the metagame and stacked sunfires to give damage to champs that are naturally impossible to kill.

On to Innervating Locket. This is an interesting one. Most people didn't consider this item an Offtank item, only a support item. I strongly beg to differ. The day before it was removed, I used it on Udyr just like the Ionia match, and my god i just could not die!!! People are sad and even mad about this, but i think it was entirely warranted. To anyone that saw the Ionia match, you saw how Guardsman Bob's Udyr couldnt die, even against the entire team. Granted, he was fed as hell, but that is irrelevant. I had matches where i had one or two kills, but as soon as i got locket i was SIGNIFICANTLY harder to kill. The Locket on Gragas and Udyr alone was enough for them to nerf it to hell, But the publicized match was too much. Riot knew that everyone would be using Locket Spirits Visage combo, so they had no choice but to get rid of it, because no matter how much they nerfed it, people would be using it, and this took smart decisions out of the question. If you didnt have locket on your gragas, you were weaker than the gragas that DID have locket. It was REQUIRED. That was the issue. No item should be required on any champ. Outside of items like Infinity edge on Tryndamere, but thats an entirely different story.

I actually like the patch. Even though it destroyed my new build for Udyr, it gave me really good ideas for a new build. And with the removal of locket, the metagame is FINALLY shifting away from tanks and offtanks. FINALLY. I actually believe that the metagame is shifting towards AP carries. Champs like Anivia and Kassadin are far more common now. We shall see where this patch leads us.
Click on the Banner to see my new and improved Udyr guide!

Guides By RestrictNine, A.K.A. Taggrin
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2010 7:30pm | Report
i still say make sunfires have more damage.

im good with everything else.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2010 8:01pm | Report
I agree totally with what Restrictnine said. Though I will miss Innervating Locket its memory shall live for ever. R.I.P . I also think Sunfire cape is good on Amumu btw.
Australians, the best gamers in the world combined with the worst ping.
Kael312
<Member>
Kael312's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2010 8:49pm | Report
Quoted:

No item should be required on any champ. Outside of items like Infinity edge on Tryndamere, but thats an entirely different story.

how is that different exactly? genuine curiosity here
Blind Monk =/= Udyr. Please do not make that mistake; Blind Monk was made of pure awesome, from concentrate. - Guinsoo
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2010 8:59pm | Report
Kael312 wrote:

how is that different exactly? genuine curiosity here

Trynd = THE crit champ. Even if you don't have crit chance items, you're still going to be critting like hell.

Hell_Pet
<Member>
Hell_Pet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2010 10:31pm | Report
caucheka wrote:

i still say make sunfires have more damage.

Agreed.
Diesel
<Veteran>
Diesel's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2010 10:34pm | Report
Hell_Pet wrote:

Agreed.

Like I said in a different thread:

~Up the Cost of Sunfire
~Double the Damage

Make getting one actually worth it.
Hell_Pet
<Member>
Hell_Pet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2010 11:12pm | Report
Diesel wrote:

Like I said in a different thread:

~Up the Cost of Sunfire
~Double the Damage

Make getting one actually worth it.
Yeah I totally agree with you 2. I would say make it 60 damage/sec and cost 2.9k.
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2010 11:24pm | Report
Well now maybe ppl will stop flaming my playstyle of Garen now :P
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
Eskimo
<Member>
Eskimo's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2010 1:40am | Report
Wait didn't they say that removing the locket was just a temporary fix till the figure out how to release it again with something that was more acceptable?
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide