Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Janitsu's AMA about ADCs

Creator: Janitsu November 27, 2014 1:49pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 27, 2014 1:49pm | Report
ask me anything about ADCs I'll answer anything I can lol

ima veri good adc :^)

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 27, 2014 1:52pm | Report
Do you think that Varus and Kalista should be shipped?
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 27, 2014 1:52pm | Report
Do you think that Varus and Kalista should be shipped?

y-e-s :^)
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 27, 2014 1:54pm | Report
Ok serious question now, Say I'm Ezreal. How do I go even or beat other lanes. What support would I need to work most efficiently?
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 27, 2014 2:02pm | Report
Ezreal's pros are great poke against unwary enemies and strong mobility. If you struggle during laning and don't get a lead or even fall behind wait for the mid game which is Ezreal's strongest point. Try to make plays with him, he has a nice potential with Arcane Shift and Trueshot Barrage.

I think Leona, Nami and Thresh are the best supports for him.
Electro522
<Guide Critic>
Electro522's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 27, 2014 2:26pm | Report
I've been having a surprising amount of success with Varus, yet, I dont see too many people playing him.

Besides having no escape and low mobility, why is Varus not very appealing to higher elos?
The_Nameless_Bard made this sig!
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 27, 2014 2:28pm | Report
Electro522 wrote:
I've been having a surprising amount of success with Varus, yet, I dont see too many people playing him.

Besides having no escape and low mobility, why is Varus not very appealing to higher elos?

His niche is no longer wanted (High range Poke) from an ADC. His steroids are unreliable, and he often loses trades easily from levels 1-3. This means he can get bent and gimped pretty early on, due to his mobility, as mentioned. Janitsu probably has a more in-depth answer than that.
Electro522
<Guide Critic>
Electro522's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 27, 2014 2:40pm | Report
Caitlyn has long range poke as well, but she's still wanted (to a degree). Yeah, she has some mobility, but no where near as much as Lucian or Ez.
Thank you jhoijhoi for the sig!
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 27, 2014 2:43pm | Report
Electro522 wrote:

His niche is no longer wanted (High range Poke) from an ADC. His steroids are unreliable, and he often loses trades easily from levels 1-3. This means he can get bent and gimped pretty early on, due to his mobility, as mentioned. Janitsu probably has a more in-depth answer than that.

OTG did answer quite well. Varus just doesn't bring what other ADCs bring. Imagine someone like Lucian or Corki against you (or Varus' biggest counter, Graves). They use their initiation and you are basically dead unless you can dish out more damage. What is common with all these popular ADCs? High burst in the early-mid game.

Varus doesn't have any mobility and his W is basically useless unless the enemy doesn't stutterstep and doesn't try to dodge your abilities. His Q is kinda meh ability atm. Yes, it can send the enemy back from the lane but it can also 1) ruin your own farm if you harass 2) waste your mana 3) miss and leave you without any damaging abilities.

Conclusion: Varus is viable and can most certainly be decent. Just not against current FoTMs.

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 27, 2014 2:45pm | Report
Let's also not forget that the ADC item overhaul kinda killed Varus. He can no longer do his favorite build of Rushing Bloodthirster into Last Whisper for massive Q nukes.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide