Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Non-Conventional Supports

Creator: Hatted January 13, 2015 6:46am
Who is your favorite Unconventional Support?
Blian
<Member>
Blian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2015 10:28am | Report
actually Dr. Mundo can work if you really good with skill shots. you just need a crazy amount of MP and a few cleaver can do the trick. it is almost like supporting with Nidalee but more enjoyable and can pay off in late game.

and to be honest for me Anivia is also a non-conventional support as you don't really see her that often as a support and most of the people can't practice against her or doesn't even know her passive.
Hatted
<Member>
Hatted's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 16, 2015 11:24am | Report
Blian wrote:
actually Dr. Mundo can work if you really good with skill shots. you just need a crazy amount of MP and a few cleaver can do the trick. it is almost like supporting with Nidalee but more enjoyable and can pay off in late game.

and to be honest for me Anivia is also a non-conventional support as you don't really see her that often as a support and most of the people can't practice against her or doesn't even know her passive.

Anivia has a lot of good cc, but is extremely squishy and requires a ROA to stay alive, from what I've seen. I'm kinda surprised I never see them; I suppose getting caught would be death but even after death your egg could re-direct attention from the other bot lane. Kinda wanna try her out.

And Nidalee support is like Lulu support, except you kill them.
Eyy
Blian
<Member>
Blian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2015 5:29am | Report
Just gave a try to a Cho'Gath support and I have to tell you it is quite fun. I mean obviously not viable as most of the ADC's are pretty mobile so your Q is very hard to land but if you max your W first and go full AP then you can be pretty annoying even in early game :)
Chawoora
<Member>
Chawoora's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2015 7:17am | Report
I have been curious why Maokai is not a more popular support. I tried him a few times in AI games. When I picked him once in a Normal game with friends I was told I needed to pick a "real" support.

Self sustain via his passive (which should be active often with 4 people in lane)...a 600 range knock back + slow...a point and click 1.5 sec root that deals % max health damage...a 1100 ranged slow/harass...an an ult that reduces damage to himself and the adc by 20%.

Based on his kit, I wonder why he is played top and jungle and not support. (He is my go to toplaner when I have to take that roll and is my favorite tanky jungler.)
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2015 11:16am | Report
He's got terrible mana costs if you try to harass the enemy bot lane, which is bad on a support who really needs to build full tank. Maokai support is fun and all (I've played it), but you might as well play Thresh or Braum instead.
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 2, 2015 1:51am | Report
Kalista support is semi viable but you throw the ADC out of the fight instead of into it.
Bad positioning? No problem.
You do have no CC though.

As for unconventional supports my favourite would be J4, just for the damage.

Basically MOBAFire.
Hatted
<Member>
Hatted's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 2, 2015 8:20am | Report
Kalista support is semi viable but you throw the ADC out of the fight instead of into it.

I have wanted to try Kalista support for some time now.
Eyy
Blian
<Member>
Blian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 2, 2015 9:39am | Report
So funny that some of the people who have seen me playing Cho'Gath as a support they started to do the same.. :D
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 2, 2015 10:07am | Report

Just for that? That's a pretty weak reason :P
Hatted
<Member>
Hatted's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2015 8:23am | Report
Quoted:
Just for that? That's a pretty weak reason :P

It's got tons of damage tho. (w/o trinity) And his CC isn't horrible. It's also helpful to have an attack speed boost. His dives are super fun too. <3 But he does feel mostly like harass and damage with his combo.
Eyy

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide