Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Non-Conventional Supports

Creator: Hatted January 13, 2015 6:46am
Who is your favorite Unconventional Support?
Hatted
<Member>
Hatted's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2015 8:58am | Report
Blian wrote:
Rengar support is just OP o.O

How even? I've seen it once or twice, neither of which became a problem, to my recollection. I guess it's like having a bush Leona/Blitz/Thresh where you have ultimate dominion over the brush, but other than that he's easy to poke and needs to get very close range, while being moderately squishy, to peel.

Seems like it'd be fun with nid tho.
Eyy
Blian
<Member>
Blian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2015 12:05pm | Report
Well, first things first you better ban Morgana and/or Leona but the trick lays in your ADC. If he/she can freeze the lane your chance for a double at lvl3 is very high. With enpowered Q from the bush you leave them 0 chance to survive or not to burst their summs.

Obviously it is a troll pick and you shouldn't be using it gold and above but give it a try in normal or in low elo and you'll see.

Do not start to build a tank (relic shield) support just follow how you should build your top Rengar.
Furthermore as soon as you hit lvl6 you can even go and help your mid so your jungle can carry on with his/her stuff.

Nidalee support is quite alright and actually I love playing her as a support however in late game you won't be able to help much so you better push hard and end it around the 30-33 mins mark.

Now I'm thinking about Hecarim.. He should be fun too :)
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2015 2:23pm | Report
Hecarim needs waay to much gold. You would need to completly snowball your lane in similar fashion how with Poppy in order to be anything relevant.
njdfan
<Member>
njdfan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2015 1:52pm | Report
I want to try lissandra, she has good CC with er Q and W, not sure how good she would be at it though.
TheRealCefor
<Member>
TheRealCefor's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2015 1:58pm | Report
Surprised LaBlanc isn't on the poll. I see her often in kill lanes, most of the time they do damn good.
Blian
<Member>
Blian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2015 6:06pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:
Hecarim needs waay to much gold. You would need to completly snowball your lane in similar fashion how with Poppy in order to be anything relevant.

you were absolutely right! I've had many successful game with a Poppy support but with Hecarim that is pretty difficult so I've given up but I had to look for another non-meta support and I'd had already tried AD Malzahar in the jungle and now also as a support and works like a charm.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2015 6:09pm | Report
njdfan wrote:
I want to try lissandra, she has good CC with er Q and W, not sure how good she would be at it though.
the range on her Q is too short and she really needs gold to be effective.
Blian
<Member>
Blian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2015 12:13am | Report
the range on her Q is too short and she really needs gold to be effective.

imho Lissandra is a perfect "support" in elo hell. you can keep poking pre6 if you will or EE+W+Q if your jungler is around. but the reason why I'm saying she is prefect because whenever you feel like your ADC's skills are lower than the Mariana Trench then you just go for the kills and take them all and build a killer machine APC in the game. freelo guaranteed!
Vaan99
<Member>
Vaan99's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2015 1:15am | Report
Blian wrote:

imho Lissandra is a perfect "support" in elo hell. you can keep poking pre6 if you will or EE+W+Q if your jungler is around. but the reason why I'm saying she is prefect because whenever you feel like your ADC's skills are lower than the Mariana Trench then you just go for the kills and take them all and build a killer machine APC in the game. freelo guaranteed!

I don't agree with that, more conventional ap supports are much better; morgana, annie, vel'koz exploit opponent's lack of skill easier than lissandra. I say supports because you play them on bot lane, but you should build them full ap only with sightstone, that's perfect way to get free wins.
The thing is, even if you are fed as support and have good items, you will get underestimated and get many free kills by naive junglers, midlaners or toplaners.
Blian
<Member>
Blian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2015 10:19am | Report
it is getting out of control and I can't help it. I just had no patience to wait for a full team as a top laner Mordekaiser so I went as a support and asked my ADC to let me take the kills when I can kill their ADC and seriously we had a blast :D

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide