Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Non-Conventional Supports

Creator: Hatted January 13, 2015 6:46am
Who is your favorite Unconventional Support?
kappak321
<Member>
kappak321's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2015 8:10am | Report
I have been a katarina supp a few times, everyone tought i'm a flamer and a troll, but they changed their mind when i went 15/0 or another time 21/3
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2015 8:15am | Report
FalseoGod wrote:
I've seen a few Katarina supports to be honest :P

I myself like Gangplank and Rengar as unconventional supports, with one you harass a lot and try to draw CC into you while your ADC trades (or use oranges and run when you get ganked while pinging back your adc and laughing coz he's 100% dead), the other can be pretty intimidating even if they ward your bush but requires A LOT of bush control. Also roams mid before going back to lane after 6 for a 2-man gank :3
I had a guide for Gangplank support once...that was back in season 2 given the mastery screenshot in the guide? wow...memories.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2015 8:19am | Report
He's amazing if you're against morons and maxing W
TwillyFSniper
<Member>
TwillyFSniper's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2015 8:31am | Report
Y U No list Veig? Veigar is actually really strong in support lane. Just get his E first, get a Sightstone, and then carry later... Most people don't think of him as a support, but rather a mid carry. Now I can tell you why that doesn't work. Even though he gets his AP from CS, he really does better not hardly CSing early at all, because of the way he sucks in laning. His stun makes a really nice support ability too.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2015 8:46am | Report
http://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUW1/1918910550/28896771?tab=overview

The opponent was running a support Rengar, fml. The ADCs were irrelevant for about 20 minutes because they just kept getting deleted.
Hatted
<Member>
Hatted's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2015 8:56am | Report
kappak321 wrote:
I have been a katarina supp a few times, everyone tought i'm a flamer and a troll, but they changed their mind when i went 15/0 or another time 21/3

But that's not supportive, tho!
Eyy
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2015 9:01am | Report
Y U No list Veig? Veigar is actually really strong in support lane. Just get his E first, get a Sightstone, and then carry later... Most people don't think of him as a support, but rather a mid carry. Now I can tell you why that doesn't work. Even though he gets his AP from CS, he really does better not hardly CSing early at all, because of the way he sucks in laning. His stun makes a really nice support ability too.

Veigar is pretty terrible as a support unless vs morons. His poke has really short range, he's really squishy. He can't deal with overaggressive lanes (Leona/Blitz/Thresh) nor can he deal with poke backed up by sustain (Nami/Sona). I've seen it 5-7 times and he was terrible every one of those games, except one where he got fed midgame but became worthless again
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today
Hatted
<Member>
Hatted's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2015 9:02am | Report
FalseoGod wrote:
He's amazing if you're against morons and maxing W

Played a game of Annie/Gangplank bot lane yesterday which we lost thanks to a J4 support and a failure in every other lane. It's innuendo-ish with our bot lane.

Inside joke.

GP bot is actually pretty interesting if you build him damaging. I've supported it a number of times.
Eyy
Hatted
<Member>
Hatted's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2015 9:03am | Report

Well I almost said Nasus support and I suppose they fall into the same category. Veig can be helpful but you need to farm well with his Q then decimate the opposition.
Eyy
Hatted
<Member>
Hatted's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2015 9:07am | Report
sirell wrote:
http://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUW1/1918910550/28896771?tab=overview

The opponent was running a support Rengar, fml. The ADCs were irrelevant for about 20 minutes because they just kept getting deleted.

THOSE AREN'T SUPPORTS, THO! Rengar had more farm than Vayne, and your ADC has more assists than you do. There's a difference between supporting and just going bot lane. Your build looks a whole lot like a plain ol' fish. Rylai's with Morello might have been more supportive and I think you could run Face the Mountain with some luck.

Either way, not a support.
Eyy

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide