Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Non-Conventional Supports

Creator: Hatted January 13, 2015 6:46am
Who is your favorite Unconventional Support?
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2015 4:15am | Report
Blian wrote:

I don't think Veigar support is viable at all in soloQ (probably in lower ELO yes he is).

If you watched the interview after the cloud9 game LemonNation explained the whole idea behind it which was based on sieging and nothing else.

I've seen some Veigar support being played at my Elo and I think it's viable, but it has only seemed effective if you're roaming a lot.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2015 12:41pm | Report
Just played some Volibear support, really nice, you can basically build full HP with Turbo Chemtank (which will be buffed to 650 HP), face of the mountain, Ruby Sightstone, Randuin's Omen, Spirit Visage, Boots of Swiftness. That is already 2450 bonus HP. Now add in things like base, runes and masteries and you will easily reach 5k HP. With 5k HP, while the enemy has 1/2 HP, your Frenzy does ~1500 damage. And that as a tank.

http://matchhistory.pbe.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/PBE1/49263691/710955

But... But... But I just was a support.
Hatted
<Member>
Hatted's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2015 5:19am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:
Just played some Volibear support, really nice, you can basically build full HP with Turbo Chemtank (which will be buffed to 650 HP), face of the mountain, Ruby Sightstone, Randuin's Omen, Spirit Visage, Boots of Swiftness. That is already 2450 bonus HP. Now add in things like base, runes and masteries and you will easily reach 5k HP. With 5k HP, while the enemy has 1/2 HP, your Frenzy does ~1500 damage. And that as a tank.

http://matchhistory.pbe.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/PBE1/49263691/710955

But... But... But I just was a support.

Voli's a monster. My first game I built 5 Warmog's (before the tweak) and had something like 6-7k health. My bite did even more damage and I went 18/4/17. The passive... the... passive. I gained so much health...
Eyy
LordDecius
<Member>
LordDecius's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2015 5:21am | Report
Malphite is my favorite unconventional support, if you consider him that. His passive can absorb a lot of damage, and his Q is a pretty good poke/slow. When he hits level six, his ult can turn the tide of the game quickly. I am usually even able to sustain during a gank without retreating. Late game, the opposing team usually gives up on their lane completely and starts to roam to other lanes.

I love Volibear, but I tend to piss off my ADC every time I support with him. By mid-game, I can't help but tear apart the entire bottom lane. I can often carry with Voli, even as support, although my fellow team members may not be so happy. They'll be like, "Nice SUPPORT we have" or "good thing our ADC got fed". Hey, I just wanna win.
LordDecius
Hatted
<Member>
Hatted's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2015 5:25am | Report
LordDecius wrote:
Malphite is my favorite unconventional support, if you consider him that. His passive can absorb a lot of damage, and his Q is a pretty good poke/slow. When he hits level six, his ult can turn the tide of the game quickly. I am usually even able to sustain during a gank without retreating. Late game, the opposing team usually gives up on their lane completely and starts to roam to other lanes.

Malphite/Kalista makes for some fun bot lanes.
Eyy
Blian
<Member>
Blian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2015 5:39am | Report
has anybody tried Gnar as a 'support'? I mean he has slow and stun and all
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2015 5:42am | Report
It'll be hard getting the rage meter full I guess.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Stylistical
<Member>
Stylistical's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2015 7:45am | Report
My favorite support ever has top be Rengar. It's really funny, actually. He sits in the bush and just keep jumping them. The enemy adc is always just like "IT'S ON ME!! GET OFF!" When you have a Rengar for support, you know the enemy laner want's to kill themselves. The ultimate ADC counter on support. Greeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaat.
Hatted
<Member>
Hatted's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2015 8:30am | Report
Blian wrote:
has anybody tried Gnar as a 'support'? I mean he has slow and stun and all

He's fun, really good once you hit 6 and ult people into the wall. "Boomerang Botlane" was pretty fun.
Eyy
Ixtellor
<Member>
Ixtellor's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 27, 2015 1:54pm | Report
After reading this thread, I rememered I used to prime Volibear last season, so I played him as support this week and started 5-0.... Its hard not to take kills because people go from Hurt to DEAD after a full flip AA AA E AA W combo.
I used to care about KDA, now I care about CS and Objectives.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide