Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

On ARAM Howling abyss. OP champions & just...

Creator: Sirnikolai November 21, 2014 11:10pm
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2014 5:34pm | Report
Hey there Pot! I'm Kettle! you have a pretty thick skull yourself kid. I love how you are trying to prove a point and constantly disproving yourself not three sentences later. maybe next time you agree with me and try to disagree at the same time.

How is does skill not exist if you said "I have played [Game X] so much now I have these skills" And you still go on about "it's not Skill, it's Duration." and left it at that. I don't know what you mean by this. That is why I am asking these questions. so that you can help me understand this point of view a little better. unless of course you don't understand your own point of view because it is so poorly thought out that anyone here can break it with a few questions like I did.

I am not being thick here. I am challenging your views and you are not answering my questions. So that tells me that you know I am right here and you don't want to admit it. This should sound familiar because I said it last time. Cut the **** attitude. You are new here and don't understand this community very well, so running here yelling "OMG THIS IS THE WAY IT SHOULD BE" is not going to fly at all. Calling us thick for not agreeing with you just shows how all you want here is validation.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2014 5:40pm | Report
You're a rather narrow-minded simpleton, it seems.

The mere fact that the World Championships of League of Legends is something that stands apart from anything else in the rest of the world is enough to show that you are wrong. They are professionals earning money by doing what they love, and that many of them are good enough to be called the best in the world is testimony enough that this game takes skill to play.

In the same way, anyone who is a 'skilled' cook does not necessarily mean that you have the skills to be good at a video game. Not to mention there are different types of video games which calls for different skills.

If you want to equate skill to 'duration', then the same runs true of any discipline.

I am a dancer, a philosopher and a gamer, and those 3 disciplines have absolutely ****-all to do with each other. The only reason I am 'skilled' in any of them is because I have put 'duration' into it, as you so aptly put.

I see the one skill that you are lacking is the ability to think.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2014 5:56pm | Report
This discussion is becoming pretty heated, guys. You can passionately disagree with someone without calling them thick-skulled or a simpleton.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Sirnikolai
<Member>
Sirnikolai's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2014 7:18pm | Report
Yet you guys failed to learn the truth.

Did you know I despise people who make REAL cash on PLAYING videogames which is going too far.
Helping making them is an different story.
I wonder how many of you guys are obese, because the video games industry is killing our generation.
I'm smarter than most people my age even lacking educational proof, but i stand by my own opinion.
I prioritize my time on different games while looking for work, so I have my responsibilities to deal with as well.

I just had an match & the enemy had an lv 30, so of course my team was going to lose.
Terrible matchmaking:(

"Duration" is 1 "key" to 'Success".
RazeMage
<Member>
RazeMage's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2014 8:02pm | Report
Many pro players aren't obese, mostly are even very fit (look at balls lol, i didn't know he is that buff)

Yes, duration is a very important thing. But what does this duration gives you? Skill. The more you play somethingl the more skillful you get. But, still, not only duration is important. Your seriousness ins also important. Rekkles is young, but he is better than many of the other pros.

Gaming skill, cooking skill, driving skill is very similar. You cannot be good at cooking when you are born. You need to practice and spent a lot of time. Though, you must have a good taste and time management. It's the same as game. You need good reflex and many other things. The great things about game is that there are many much more skills in just one theme. You even need different skills for FPS, MOBA, RPG, etc.

Now talking about ARaM, if i have to say, there are 3 kind of OPness, poke OP, burst OP and situational OP. Poke OP are AP nidalee, jayce, etc. Burst OP is veigar, AD nidalee, master yi, etc. Thougb there are situational OP like kat and riven, when the enemy team doesn't have CC. There are also just OP character, fiddlestick is Op in all category

So, pls don't be a hard headed and try to absorb these words. Pls don't be even worse than ICEN (he is actually pretty good)
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2014 8:40pm | Report
Sirnikolai wrote:
What truth are you trying to tell us? you haven't told us anything about this "Duration truth you've been spouting ever since it came up.

Quoted:
Did you know I despise people who make REAL cash on PLAYING videogames which is going too far.
Professional Sports players should fall under this as well. I am sure you hate them too.
Quoted:
this makes no sense to me. you will have to explain it to me.
Quoted:
I wonder how many of you guys are obese, because the video games industry is killing our generation.
I was in teh military. so not Obese or Overweight. even went to the Middle east for a tour. I am sure others here are active and not overweight as well. and I know plenty of people who aren't Obese overweight or whatever that play's games and a couple who do. every one is different yo.
Quoted:
I'm smarter than most people my age even lacking educational proof, but i stand by my own opinion.
No you aren't. you might think so because you see people who like Kim Kardashian or Justin Beiber and you think you are smarter than them but you are looking at a huge minority and focusing only on these people for your assumptions is a bad idea
Quoted:
I prioritize my time on different games while looking for work, so I have my responsibilities to deal with as well.
We all do. You aren't that special. Stop pretending your are. If you think you are a special little snowflake then stop it. you might be different but not by enough to actually matter.

Quoted:
I just had an match & the enemy had an lv 30, so of course my team was going to lose.
well if you are a level 23 or so then it seems fair to me. blaming your loses on someone else is getting you nowhere. if you play against someone you percieve as "more skilled" you because he has been playing longer and has more goodies to play with means you are the issue. Level 30 means almost nothing. the difference between a Level 20 with "full" runes and a level 30 with Full runes is minimal. You just suck. Get over it.

Quoted:
there is that "duration thing again. you still haven't explained that bit to me.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2014 8:53pm | Report
Sirnikolai wrote:
I'm so obese that I wear at least 10 sizes smaller than the average size here in 'murica.

Also "our generation"? You might want to specify what you mean, because there are people from multiple age groups on this site.

In general, your argument is somewhat flawed (as is your English grammar). Like anything, games rely on both natural talent and skill. You can't teach a person to have good game sense, either they have it or they don't and that's proof positive of my first point. My second point is also fairly easily proved because if skill did not exist in such a game everyone who had been playing for similar amounts of time would end up in the same tier purely because they'd played long enough to get there. This isn't the case at all.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2014 9:49pm | Report
Sirnikolai wrote:

I study the exploration of truth as a subject. Someone with flawed logic and poor English such as yourself can only pretend to even grasp the concept of truth.

Sirnikolai wrote:

Would you like some fries to go with that salt? Not sure if we have the demand of jumbo sized order of fries to meet your needs, though.

Sirnikolai wrote:

Hey, have you ever heard of 'alpha and beta testing'?

Sirnikolai wrote:

Eh. Man, I guess ex-Samsung Galaxy White is deader than dead, then. Also pretty sure I already mentioned I'm a dancer. I've got a relatively toned body. Also pretty sure my generation, the one prior to me, and the one after me are all very much alive.

Sirnikolai wrote:

I'm sorry, but that's the biggest ******** right there. If you're smart, you'll have SOMETHING to show for it. What books have you read? What scholars do you follow? Subjects you've explored? These things aren't opinions, they're shown by the substance of what you can bring to the table. Have you studied any Shakespeare? Any Faust? Mathematics? What about history? Science?

Much of all this, I highly doubt you could present, because it seems you do not really know what it means to be educated. I can list all my own credentials and I would doubt you'd have even heard of any of ANY them.

How old are you, even?

Sirnikolai wrote:

And we don't? I am a full time student and a part-time dancer of a professional dance crew. I have full day schedules and the only time I can play games is at night, often after 11pm.

Sirnikolai wrote:

Hey, I was just in a game with Diamonds and Platinum players. So of course, I did the logical thing and won the game.

Quite your whining.

Sirnikolai wrote:

Zzz. Yes, yes, effort = success, input = output, etc etc, blah blah blah. Of course, if you understood the concept properly, you'd see that it shows your initial claim was wrong, that vidja gaymes didn't require skill like other stuff.

Pretty ironic for a guy claiming to know the truth.
MyBloodisBlack
<Member>
MyBloodisBlack's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2014 4:04am | Report
Skill is basically Effort + Time...Now you can have as much or as little time to play League of Legends or to engage in any other interests (Like Dancing for Sirell as an example) however its the effort that you are willing to put in that makes all the difference.

For example, I am sure Sirell is a great dancer but I am sure he has met a few dancers who are better than him who haven't been dancing as long as he has but then fact is in the time they have been doing it they put in a whole lot of effort and dedication into their practice and gotten better and better because of it.

And yes it is OK to have an opinion and it is OK to stand firm on it too however you must accept that others out there will disagree with your ideas and you should always listen to theirs as much as you wish for them to listen to yours because they may give you information that could change your opinion because you realize you were misinformed in some areas.

Believe me I have sat here before and given my opinion and I have been told I was wrong and I hated it too, Everyone does - I do not believe there is a single member on Mobafire or any other page who likes to be told they are wrong but that is when you have to sit back, swallow your pride and read what they say...If by the end of it you still believe you are right then that's fine no one can change that but as long as you are not believing you are right simply because your pride is too stubborn to realize that you are indeed wrong.

And believe me Level, Division and all that don't mean as much as you may think, yes it can give a psychological edge to whoever is higher but its not the match decider by any means really - I am a level 30 Bronze V so I know I am pretty much classed as not very good but in the past I have played matches with friends who are higher tier and I faced opponents in my lane who I have given my all against and they have even said congratulations on a good match and then looking on LOLKING or what not I have discovered they were actually the highest tier on the opponents side.

And why do you hate that people get paid for playing video games? I do not understand that because considering everything that a LOL Pro has to go through I actually feel that they don't get alot of money when you break it down.

I mean take the worlds for example, the winning team (this year was Samsung White) won $1,000,000 which may seem alot but that money goes to the WHOLE team not just the 5 players and if you take into considerations all the expenses Id guess each player got under $100k each.

But then you got to realize for that $100k they had to WIN the biggest tournament in League of Legends, in order to qualify for that tournament they had to play in the Summer Split League season plus end of season tournament and finish in the top 3 and to be in the summer split they had to go through the Spring Split and make sure they didn't perform badly that they could be relegated to the Challenger Series.

Seriously when you think about it, that basically 6-8 months of competitive play and then winning the biggest prize in the game to earn just $100k - and then you look at sports Stars like from Soccer or NFL who are not even classed as being world class who probably earn more than that whether they are good or bad at the time PER WEEK!
"The Wolf eyes the Prey, The Cow eats the hay, One of them is a killer, The other his buffet"
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2014 5:43am | Report
Sirnikolai wrote:

Real Janitsus have curves. I believe you support patriarchy instead of janitsuarchy.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide