Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

On ARAM Howling abyss. OP champions & just...

Creator: Sirnikolai November 21, 2014 11:10pm
1 2 3 4 5
Zordagoth
<Member>
Zordagoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2014 6:23am | Report
sirell wrote:
I'm sorry, but that's the biggest ******** right there. If you're smart, you'll have SOMETHING to show for it. What books have you read? What scholars do you follow? Subjects you've explored? These things aren't opinions, they're shown by the substance of what you can bring to the table. Have you studied any Shakespeare? Any Faust? Mathematics? What about history? Science?

I'm sorry but I think you meant cultured ... You can be smart and uncultured, and dumb but cultured (or is it cultivated ? correct me if i'm wrong ._.)

Reading Shakespeare, learning maths or anything does not make you smart I think ^^
MyBloodisBlack
<Member>
MyBloodisBlack's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2014 6:43am | Report
What is it that Master Yi says? "A master is an eternal student" and when you break it down that's a pretty interest idea.

The biggest lie in the world is when someone says "I know everything" but in truth no one does and no one ever will.

Do you know every language?
Can you cook every dish of the world?
can you draw in every style?
Can you recite poetry from your head?

What Yi means is that if you believe you know it all then you have blocked your mind and we never reach your potential but if you are willing to accept that there is always more you can learn and that you will never stop learning then your mind, body and heart is always open to new things and you in a sense become a master.
"The Wolf eyes the Prey, The Cow eats the hay, One of them is a killer, The other his buffet"
MyBloodisBlack
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2014 6:50am | Report
I got a weird feeling after reading this forum that I owe the community an apology later - I must have been a right jerk :/
"The Wolf eyes the Prey, The Cow eats the hay, One of them is a killer, The other his buffet"
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2014 7:46am | Report
Zordagoth wrote:

I'm sorry but I think you meant cultured ... You can be smart and uncultured, and dumb but cultured (or is it cultivated ? correct me if i'm wrong ._.)

Reading Shakespeare, learning maths or anything does not make you smart I think ^^

Eh.

Maths and Science doesn't have all that much to do with culture (culture is the better word here, you are correct). And regardless of what culture you belong to, there are always scholars. I only mention Shakespeare and Faust because that's just things my culture studies. He's from Canada, so those scholars should be pretty similar for him (maybe not Faust so much).

The point being, he should be able to show these kind of credentials. Even if I didn't have my university transcripts, I'd be able to show that I know stuff from Immanuel Kant, JS Mill, Aristotle, Plato and so on.

On those kind of things not making you smart... you can argue for a relativity of smartness, but really, smart really just boils down to how quickly you can understand things as well as what you already know. Truthfully, I didn't need to ask for any credentials for this guy, because the way you present yourself can already tell a lot of people how smart you are. As you can see from this guy's extremely broken English (despite being from Ontario, Canada), as well as non-existent logic that he's not smart by any means of the word.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2014 7:51am | Report
I got a weird feeling after reading this forum that I owe the community an apology later - I must have been a right jerk :/

Well, not as much as you think you are. You've done nothing reportworthy or wrong by any means of the words.

Actually, you've been very constructive in your recent posts.
MyBloodisBlack
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2014 8:15am | Report
sirell wrote:

Well, not as much as you think you are. You've done nothing reportworthy or wrong by any means of the words.

Actually, you've been very constructive in your recent posts.

Why Thank you Sirell I'm glad I've improved my posts :)
Zordagoth
<Member>
Zordagoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2014 8:36am | Report
sirell wrote:
but really, smart really just boils down to how quickly you can understand things as well as what you already know.

That's pretty much how I consider "being smart" too, therefore I guess yeah things like maths helps to a certain point ^^

For now I think we should ignore this kid ^^ (only kids try to justify themselves saying "i'm an adult).
Sirnikolai
<Member>
Sirnikolai's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2014 11:48am | Report
We All know No one is perfect, everyone has flaws still if they like or not. On the Internet people can easily lie about anything to hide their insecurities. Some of us want to improve or be notice, but it doesn't mean were dumb.

Believe or not we are in the technology era & most of us Own Videogames & cellphones etc. I for one don't own an cellphone, because i can't afford it along with my bell package & an hypothesis that radio waves from cellphones could potentially be cancerous which is NOT said in stone yet. I'm sorry for being an health nut, but being muscular has its downfalls as well as being overweight.

Let me share some truth to the community which honesty comes first. As you guys did notice my english grammar is terrible, which i agree. Grade 4 I was an troublemaker and henceforth i got expelled even tho the past is the past. Another point since i was an troublemaker my adopted parents couldn't handle me around with 2 older daughters @ that time so i was placed in grouphomes/fosterhomes since i was at least 8yrs old. So as you can tell & I can say I've never graduated from elementary school. Magically got put into an different high school setting which i got grade 9 honors(WTF hows that possible), with @ least skipping out on four grades. As of highschool I'm consider as an dropout, because I hated my highschool setting i was bullied to an pulp & didn't care about my grades or classmates.

Visit my twitter page 67Vasile as this is the Truth.

Here's some other facts.
- I dislike Greed from NHL Players.
- I wasn't NOT born in Canada, but raised in Canada.
- I indeed have the hockey knowledge to go into sports management regardless if i need to know about the other sports.
- I could become an voice actor if I really wanted to, but that's another option.
- I'm 24 living in apartments like most of you, because lets face it the house market is just terrible.
- I'm looking for ANY employment, but lets face the facts, no where in my city is hiring & you need your high school diploma just to get an job these days.

My recent job interviews were Costco but two different locations lol.

So there you have it folks. ^^^

Ok I guess we can leave it at that Effort+Time+Teamwork=Skills. Skills by itself is too much praise. You wanna know Gustav Nyquist has the skills, but it's team game in all.
Darealone
<Member>
Darealone's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2014 1:34pm | Report
I think he's starting to know this community well...
I main...the entire top lane.
I miss: Tank Rengar top, AD Nidalee, Mash Keyboard Ryze...the OPs
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide