Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

PBE Thresh Change

Creator: OTGBionicArm April 15, 2013 9:10pm
Thatdudeinthecotton's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2013 1:40am | Report
I wonder if this will make jungle thresh more viable. I mean now he'll be able to amp up his aoe attack whilst losing none of his passives single target damage. Wil be interesting to see how he does now when trying to clear creeps.
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2013 6:17am | Report

Noobs will. Competent Blitzcrank players max Q last, pretty damn sure. You only need to hook somebody once in lane most the time. The lowered cooldown is only helpful if you keep ****ing it up. Same will now go for Thresh. Abusing his godly auto attacks to trade with AD carries is kind of his thing.

oh, i guess i suck at Blitzcrank for actually thinking getting 2 seconds from CD was a decent trade. I did thid to counteract stuff like Valkyrie. Anyway, i don't main him for a while now, so w/e.

edit: i actually thought it was 2. anyway, it worked for me, maybe because 1100 elo permabans Blitzcrank and I profited from it before it became such.

Sig made by Hogopogo
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2013 8:59am | Report

I wonder if this will make jungle thresh more viable. I mean now he'll be able to amp up his aoe attack whilst losing none of his passives single target damage. Wil be interesting to see how he does now when trying to clear creeps.

We'll see. It's a definite buff to top lane Thresh though.

Edit: Probably not because his jungling is still slow as **** and souls drop less frequently than in lane.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2013 9:10am | Report

Noobs will. Competent Blitzcrank players max Q last, pretty damn sure. You only need to hook somebody once in lane most the time. The lowered cooldown is only helpful if you keep ****ing it up. Same will now go for Thresh. Abusing his godly auto attacks to trade with AD carries is kind of his thing.

Totally incorrect. Blitz players generally Max W or Q first and E last. Q for the lower cooldown and increased burst damage or W to just run at someone. I personally like Q over W because it gives you more per point than W.

there's really no reason to max E ( Power Fist - linked so you can read it) because it only decreases the cooldown on the ability, the damage and mana cost remain stagnant (damage increases based off ad). So your order should be Q>W>E or W>Q>E
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2013 9:14am | Report
Ive always done W>Q>E myself. But I'm not a good blitz player at all. Ironically I can land Death Sentence and Zenith Blade just fine, but Rocket Grab? Hell no. Double Irony for sucking at the one champion that literally uses a Bionic Arm move.

I guess I'm wrong on that one though. Forgot that it does do decent damage, I was just look at it for the CC.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2013 9:27am | Report
you can max W first, but competent blitz players do not max Q last, I just wanted to point out
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
ShortyHUN
<Member>
ShortyHUN's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2013 9:34am | Report
I'm not playing blitz, but isn't a lower cooldown non-skillshot CC better than a long cooldown skillshot pull better for an ADC? I mean Q goes to 16s from 20s, but E goes 5s from 9s, in effectiveness E scales much better and you can't really miss it. I agree on W, going "chugga chugga mothaf*cka" at someone is good.

Feel free to +rep me if i helped any way!
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2013 9:35am | Report
Yea, my bad there, I was told what I said by a platinum player so I assumed it true, not even looking at the abilities myself as I don't play Blitz. Was in the wrong.
SirAeros
<Member>
SirAeros's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2013 1:53pm | Report
Yay Thresh power with bare change meanwhile poor Taric...

WHY PEOPLE CAN'T BE FABULOUS

guess champions that Start with Ta need to be nerfed more than the ones that start with Trh
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2013 6:35pm | Report
http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/04/416-pbe-update.html

yeah just like i thought they nerfed his damages, but gave his late game Q more damage

the passive change is probably going to hurt him early
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide