Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Percentage kill system!!!

Creator: MrCuddowls July 31, 2012 9:27am
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2012 10:11pm | Report
NinjaGinge wrote:

As far as I'm concerned this thread really could have died after Jeffy's first post in it. Everything after that point is moreso nails in the coffin.

If you have nothing good to contribute then please leave
MrCuddowls
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2012 10:12pm | Report

nah, macros aren't too useful; you can use them for items but I prefer 1-6

To make smartcast default for qwer, go to esc > key bindings, and scroll down to smartcast, and make smartcast spell 1 q, 2 w, etc.

Worked
Thx
MrCuddowls
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2012 2:08pm | Report

@Syther, Yea, and Barb is a pretty good player but he's still only at 165 wins...imagine playing against even more experienced players and people with an Elo.

AND ya def. don't do ranked for at least a few months, lol, you won't regret it.

And ya, a lot of things wrong in the video. Let me list a few in order as I see them:

1. you take heal mid; generally most mids take ingite to increase their combo burst potential, also ignite counters heal due to the healing reduction.
2. you don't smartcast (not necessarily a bad thing, since a lot of people don't, but you should try binding certain spells to smartcast, ESPECIALLY with Annie -- it lets you get off combos and skillshots much quicker)
3. you're missing a LOT of cs, you are standing back far and walking around and not focusing on last hitting and harassing; generally, the standard for any carry CS is around 100 at 12 minutes, you can hit around 100 in 10 if you take wraiths during downtime in mid as well.
4. one thing you should do on annie is learn your W first and charge up your stun in your base so you have a stun when you come to lane, can be useful for invades/getting ganked/setting up ganks.
5. you should try ctrl + q/w/e/r to learn you spells instead of clicking on them, the time you spend clicking on them can throw you off, when you look at the +, etc.; and esp. if you just level up to 6 and can fight someone, the .5 seconds or so it can take to level by clicking can mean the difference between life or death. it's really very helpful :D
6. ghost SHOULDN'T be a common spell on ashe, lol; people think so because she has a slow so you can keep up with your target, but you still need flash since you are an AD that gets focused and flashing over walls and out of ults will save you, not ghost; also phantom dancer is more than enough movespeed for her. and don't get boots of swiftness on her pls ><
7. you generally wanna save your stun for tibbers combo on annie, if you lead with tibbers, especially on multiple people (since it's an AoE spell, and an AoE stun as a result), the passive tibbers damage will keep on ticking and you can get your Q and W off and ignite off as well during the time that they are stunned.
8. even though you shouldn't be taking heal, if you do, try to save it to bait the enemy into thinking you are a free kill; it often doesn't work in higher level play but at your level it should; I noticed at around 6:18 you just used it when she was backing off anyway, when you coulda just chugged some potions, gone B, etc, and not use up your high cool down summoner. If a summoner doesn't save you or net you a kill, it generally isn't worth it to use. (CV is an exception ofc, lol)
9. I don't know what you're talking about, but I enjoy a lot of the new champions more than the older ones, lol. And flourishes means grows o_O not sure where you were trying to go with that word lol
10. Are you using LoLRecorder? If not, you should try frapsing your LoL replay to make videos; it seems that this was live, and frapsing it or streaming it will make you lag a bit; however it seems that only your ping display is increased because I don't actually notice much lag in the game; I could be wrong though.
11. Basically, once you ticked 6, you had enough power to instakill Ashe there...she was so low HP and even though you were too, charge your stun up, flash in her face, and just R Q W her and she would have died 100%. This could have happened anywhere from like 6-10 min lol.
12. If that ashe is so stupid, why aren't you totally owning her?
13. Like I mentioned before, 9 minutes in you have under 30 CS and you say it is pretty good; it is HORRIBLE, lol. Work on that :3 should have at least 80 by that point.
14. jk at 9 min in your ping is horrible lol; don't live fraps it, if anything use xsplit and local record it, or else use LoL replay and cast the game after you play it; latency is a very important factor and can **** you over real hard.
15. for your framerate, it could just be fraps, but try disabling Vsynch and making it benchmark FPS in the video settings, you should see an increase; it is probably set to cap at 30, but if your computer can fraps record that well you should be getting around 100 FPS (I could be wrong, would need to see your CPU and GPU)
16. OH GOSH THAT FIRST TIBBERS ULT D; try to have stun up with tibbers and try to actually land it, altho I understand you were lagging, that was still really off though lol. If you didn't know, you can ctrl + right click to move tibbers, or click R repeatedly to move him around. He does a very nice damage aura and can tank some damage, so you don't want to leave him sitting after you summon him for the initial burst.
17. btw so far these first 16 things were only up to 10:00 in the video LOL. OK, part 2:
18. If you have a jungler, you should ask him for 2nd blue when you are mid, blue helps a lot on mid champions, even if you don't have a mana pool (altho if the jungler does have a mana pool and you don't, let him take it unless he's doing terribly)
19. You keep saying Ashe is stupid and her CS is worthless since she isn't doing damage; yet she is freely harassing you and bringing you to low HP without you being able to trade with her due to her range, and she is doing quite a bit of damage to you. It isn't going to make you do better to belittle your opponents, notice their strong and weak points and try to work off of that.
20. At 11:50, KILL HER! You have ult and stun up! You could kill her with all your spells up even when she is full HP, let alone a few bars!
21. Just going back on the CS topic, especially with Annie, try to last hit as much as you can with your Q to get up a lot of stun charges; you don't always have to obviously, but when you can try to...if you don't last hit with it though you're just wasting mana. If you are having trouble last hitting, with Annie, you can also use your AoE clear (W) on low health creeps to pick up quite a few; a lot of champions, espcially AP mids, have AoE clears.
22. "I'm seeing a lot more Ashe mid these days" LOL that just made me rofl
23. LOL YOU CALLED RE ON HER WHEN SHE GOT KILLED; "re" is shorthand for return, if she died, no need to call re :P
24. Calling MIAs IS important, especially at your level, but what you will notice at a higher level of play is people warding and noticing when ganks are going to occur; still a good idea to call mia though, so people get a heads up. so gj there
25. @15:20 you say the right thing: you can combo her full to nothing.
THEN WHY DON'T YOU? D:!
26. but ya that ashe is kinda hillarious; but she shouldn't be building MR past mercs, she should be getting DAMAGE and not swiftness boots lol
27. @16:15 you shouldn't have healed, you had her.
28. wtf do you mean playing impulsively? wtf
29. One big thing is you HAVE TO RECALL TO BUY ITEMS LOL. You take your early advantage and toss it out the window if you don't buy items -- you will be stronger if you leave the lane, lose some CS, but then get items (you coulda went b and gotten a straight deathcap, a RoA which takes time to get to its max potential, boots, 2 dorans, etc.; but instead you stayed with low HP and deal hardly any damage). you're lucky that ashe had no flipping clue what she was doing, but she still had [terrible] itemization over you; you still couldn't full to nothing her though. If you went b and bought items, you could. The carries deal damage, and if you don't buy that damage, you become more and more useless.
30. I wish you finished your sentences instead of just laughing at Ashe so I can see what's so funny about what she bought. She's stacking attack speed without damage, which is terrible, but at least she has ITEMS LOL.
31. When Vayne came, you should have done something, even your presence without much mana could have scared her away, but instead you let her get a free kill.
32. OMG YOU KEEP TYPING LEAVE LOL. Just use your V ping (retreat) but don't spam it lol
33. Why didn't you do anything, means when Vayne "ganked" and died, and you didn't react. She shouldn't have come in though, lol.
34. If you are OOM and no items, ESP WHEN ASHE ISN'T THERE, GO BACK FFS OMG LSDODSIIFKKLFJIGKLJ
35. what do you mean is ww starving her...???
36. 20 min in "this ashe no items nothing", while you LITERALLY HAVE 0 ITEMS LOL
37. You never used your E, which, as mentioned previously, mitigates a lot of damage, even deals a nice chunk, and costs hardly anything; also a free charge for your stun!
38. and lol they surrendered

See, this is a list of ~40 things you did wrong in a 20 minute game you claim you did really well. You didn't buy ONCE ffs! D: remember, this isn't ARAM, you can recall before you die!

I hope you read my criticism and try to improve, in time you will learn and get better ^^

I actually JUST saw this
This was both comedic and help full in many ways

Your right about pretty much everything here
I had a bunch of chances when i could have easily killed her but i didnt
I missed out on a lot of cs but that can also be blamed for me focusing on the commentary a lot

Now for b
this is my problem, When i am completely outplaying a champion i generally like to challenge my self and see how long i last with no items. in my mind it shows of more of your skill because its not the same when your fed. when your fed you just deal massive damage, but when your not its more or less about coordination and i usually like to test my self on that stuff.

I said a lot of stupid things didn't I, i was trying very hard to keep the commentary entertaining but it was thrown of because i was also focusing on the game

I dont like to take ignite because i hate the spell
i just dont understand why people would take a spell Solely to reduce someones health
i like something that is a little more strategic and Ignite just doesn't seem very good to me

I am very aware of Pyromania but i dont know when it is up
i actually said in the video that i wasted it.

What i meant by flourishes is their ability to make the champion Unique and fun
right now they are cranking out a bunch of ad and i dont like it.
i actually have A LOT of ideas for support champs but dont know if i should post them

I am using Fraps. Fraps like to limit the frame rate of a game which is not a good thing in terms of making videos for youtube since youtube like video with a frame rate of 30
im going to start doing things differently in which i record and then Cast over the Gameplay

I honestly dont know why my ping was so bad

Im not owning her because im very reluctant. i still don't trust my stun or my damage.

When i say my CS is good i mean compared to everyone else it is good. i just realized that it is very bad.

I actually built my computer, this computer cost me about 2.6 k dollars to build, but it runs any game (except Diablo 3 O_O) on max settings with performance to spare.

When you play Impulsively, the primitive part of your brain begins to take over the logical part.
The primitive part of the brain generally control Surviving and eating and sex. when you feel threatened your primitive brain begins to tell you to defend your self but you do it in an Animal like manner. you dont think when you do it you just do it as protection, so it leads to do stupid things like jumping into the other team alone. There is a video on it, you watch it here:

I generally hate it when my team tries to intervene with a perfectly fine situation, Vayne was referring to me not taking down the tower which i got very angry at. Apparently most people who play lol think taking down the towers is crucial to doing something in game. I wasnt even able to take down the tower because i had no items ;)

This ashe suck, this is very very obvious, at the end i was confused on why she was tower diving but it turns out they had surrendered
anyway yes your right this ashe is building a AS and that is not what you build on a carry that it dependent on damage items like IE

Ya when i called re i didnt even know what happend, that was very stupid.

I had about 4 gold at the end that's A LOT to have gained without going back at all at the start so ya that is something very bad i did.

Thanks man you have truly been an awesome help and i will use these tips to get better and maybe we might be playing each other in a tournament in the future

BTW i got banned on the vent XD
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2012 2:55pm | Report
Yea, well "challenging yourself" may work at your level but it won't cut it when you actually want to win games in the future, lol.

Ignite adds to your early and late burst potential and reduces healing; extremely useful against healers like Soraka and Dr. Mundo with his ult.

Generally you can bring up champion ideas on the MOBAFire champion idea subforum and on the league forum, but League itself won't listen; they already have the ideas for champions in like a year from now (design process takes a long time)

They actually haven't released a lot of AD champs lately, Zyra is an amazing AP mid, Diana is going to be an AP assassin that can jungle and mid, Jayce is a bruiser top; I am really enjoying the new champs they are releasing.

Yea, don't use fraps while you play, it will mess up your gameplay. You can either use XSPLIT and locally record it, as I don't think that will affect your FPS much, or use a program called LoLRecorder (google it), which automatically records all your games when it is enabled; then you can just do a commentary over the replay and fraps yourself watching the replay.

Especially when you are AP mid, you cannot be reluctant; you have to know your burst potential and mess people up and snowball your game. That all comes with practice and experience.

Nice, I built my computer a few months ago ^^

As for the impulsive thing, that is a bit of a stretch to say that you use it in league >_>

And no, Vayne was saying you weren't reacting when she ganked (why she ganked I have no clue). You must have not noticed it, but she basically walked into Ashe and died. Her fault, but you should have been paying a bit more attention.

And I unbanned you, it autobanned (you were probably lagging and randomly disconnecting :P)

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
MrCuddowls
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2012 3:05pm | Report

Yea, well "challenging yourself" may work at your level but it won't cut it when you actually want to win games in the future, lol.

Ignite adds to your early and late burst potential and reduces healing; extremely useful against healers like Soraka and Dr. Mundo with his ult.

Generally you can bring up champion ideas on the MOBAFire champion idea subforum and on the league forum, but League itself won't listen; they already have the ideas for champions in like a year from now (design process takes a long time)

They actually haven't released a lot of AD champs lately, Zyra is an amazing AP mid, Diana is going to be an AP assassin that can jungle and mid, Jayce is a bruiser top; I am really enjoying the new champs they are releasing.

Yea, don't use fraps while you play, it will mess up your gameplay. You can either use XSPLIT and locally record it, as I don't think that will affect your FPS much, or use a program called LoLRecorder (google it), which automatically records all your games when it is enabled; then you can just do a commentary over the replay and fraps yourself watching the replay.

Especially when you are AP mid, you cannot be reluctant; you have to know your burst potential and mess people up and snowball your game. That all comes with practice and experience.

Nice, I built my computer a few months ago ^^

As for the impulsive thing, that is a bit of a stretch to say that you use it in league >_>

And no, Vayne was saying you weren't reacting when she ganked (why she ganked I have no clue). You must have not noticed it, but she basically walked into Ashe and died. Her fault, but you should have been paying a bit more attention.

And I unbanned you, it autobanned (you were probably lagging and randomly disconnecting :P)

Thanks man

I have a little question though
I want to buy a new champ but i don't know who to go with
Miss Fortune seems very interesting but im not sure
I Having a hard time picking between Lulu, Fizz, Ezreal, Irelia or Miss Fortune
Im mostly want a FUN champ to play.
I also dont want a champ that is mostly right click to win
I like Lulu a lot because there arnt many counters to her. i take her mid i do very well.
but im still unsure, i dont want to waste 10 dollars on a champ i don't like
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2012 3:20pm | Report
I'd suggest waiting and using IP to buy your champions. If you don't even know which champion you want, I wouldn't blow real money on it. I think I've only bought 2 champions with RP and I had wanted both of them for a while and they were on sale.

From that list, I think Ezreal is probably the strongest. He's also quite fun and less right-clicky than most AD carries. Fizz is also super fun but can be a little hard to lane with. Irelia and MF might be too right-clicky for you. Lulu's okay but she's pretty weird.

Overall I'd say Ezreal, Fizz or Lulu.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
SkullzX
<Member>
SkullzX's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2012 6:10pm | Report
OK I'll give yeah some helpful tips(i didnt read all the other tips given so may be repeats.
  • take Ignite when playing Annie/going mid
  • work on last hitting, if you are annie you can use your q to last hit thing because it refunds the mana if you kill the creep.
  • use your health potions when you are lower than half HP...i usually use if im 200-250 hp down from full if im mid early on.
  • the "stupid ashe" could have been killed multipul times/ poked multipul more times if you played it right.
  • use auto attacks to harrase more, well you were verse ashe so that might not be the best for that.
  • combo mr.tibbers and stun to kill people.
  • it's ok if your team pushs to the tower after A kill it will deny the enemy CS and exp...just let it push. Also they can help you damage the tower.
  • smart cast helps alot of people like annie.
  • really dont get how this ashe is stupid...she chunked you for half your hp for 0 of her hp...a pretty good trade.
  • if you ever face ashe mid you can nuke her at level 6 with ignite.
  • you should actually recall and buy items...you have alot of cash use it and become stronger.
  • give jungler a leash, if you don't know what that is I can explain it. Basicly you auto attack the buff or use a spell so the jungler takes less damage.
  • only reason ashe is mid is because you are lower in norm elo.
  • when you see your laning partner died then recall and buy, heal up get more mana.
  • roam, you are mid so when the other laner isnt there you can go bot or top and gnak them.
  • if you stun them get in an auto attack or 2 before they are un stunned.
  • think i said it but ill repeat have stun on when you use mr.tibbers!
  • control mr. tibbers can get you more damage. more creeps, faster turret down.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2012 6:28pm | Report
it depends on what role you are best at :O

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
MrCuddowls
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2012 6:48pm | Report
SkullzX wrote:

OK I'll give yeah some helpful tips(i didnt read all the other tips given so may be repeats.
  • take Ignite when playing Annie/going mid
  • work on last hitting, if you are annie you can use your q to last hit thing because it refunds the mana if you kill the creep.
  • use your health potions when you are lower than half HP...i usually use if im 200-250 hp down from full if im mid early on.
  • the "stupid ashe" could have been killed multipul times/ poked multipul more times if you played it right.
  • use auto attacks to harrase more, well you were verse ashe so that might not be the best for that.
  • combo mr.tibbers and stun to kill people.
  • it's ok if your team pushs to the tower after A kill it will deny the enemy CS and exp...just let it push. Also they can help you damage the tower.
  • smart cast helps alot of people like annie.
  • really dont get how this ashe is stupid...she chunked you for half your hp for 0 of her hp...a pretty good trade.
  • if you ever face ashe mid you can nuke her at level 6 with ignite.
  • you should actually recall and buy items...you have alot of cash use it and become stronger.
  • give jungler a leash, if you don't know what that is I can explain it. Basicly you auto attack the buff or use a spell so the jungler takes less damage.
  • only reason ashe is mid is because you are lower in norm elo.
  • when you see your laning partner died then recall and buy, heal up get more mana.
  • roam, you are mid so when the other laner isnt there you can go bot or top and gnak them.
  • if you stun them get in an auto attack or 2 before they are un stunned.
  • think i said it but ill repeat have stun on when you use mr.tibbers!
  • control mr. tibbers can get you more damage. more creeps, faster turret down.

haha its sounds like you think im an idiot man
Thanks for the tips though
I do understand Annie's skills and that her q is refunded if it is a last hit
I also do know what a leesh is
Rest of the stuff are very good tips
I usually forget to roam am too worried that the enemy might take it as a chance to push i will practice more Roaming as i play more.
I actually didnt know for a long time that you could control tibbers so it will be something that is very helpful. TBH i generally hate pets.

I did implement smart cast and am starting to get used to it

All in all i do appreciate the tips
every little bit helps.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2012 7:08pm | Report
Whining about ks-ing is for low level playing kiddies. The guys who know what they are doing make sure that the right person gets the kill. KS-ing is and will never be a real issue for people who take this game slightly more seriously.

Besides, how are we ever gonna create/program a system that makes the difference between a kill secure and a kill steal? We can't! Some champs are better in chasing down than others and some champs were made to secure kills (e.g. Karthus and Caitlyn). The system is fine the way it is, the players who use it just need to grow up.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide