Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Percentage kill system!!!

Creator: MrCuddowls July 31, 2012 9:27am
Mastarwe
<Member>
Mastarwe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2012 2:03pm | Report
Almost every person active on the forums are level 30, and will have gone through the change of game that will soon happen to you aswell (god that sounds an awful lot like puberty :P). As has been said, listen to people and respect their oppinions.

RaNuD wrote:

You know what, again? I hit 30, jumped into ranked and got wrecked. Like, big time. Just wait and you'll see. Since you get 40 kills, I guess you are slightly better than I was, but hitting 30 and playing ranked makes a huge difference.

TBH it's not only ranked. Even normals make a great difference when playing at 30 (though back when I leveled we didn't have ranked. That means there was no draft pick at all).

I'd personally recommend to not start doing ranked before you've accumulated knowledge of how it's played at 30 (tip: You'll often find better people playing draft pick), but if you think you're ready then try it out. The first 10 matches or so will be placement matches, if those go badly you'll have a hard time to get back up (or at least a long time).

When starting ranked you'll have a few games (some of those placement matches) where you get paired with people that don't know a lot. I personally had one this season (the only soloqueue ranked I've played) where the support didn't know what cv stood for (I'm serious).

Another tip: Don't think ranked is everything. There are plenty of people that don't play ranked because they play to have fun and dislike the atmosphere in ranked games. Ranked elo ain't everything even though it's the only thing that's publicly available.

Oh, and that rating you're talking about isn't very good. You're basically saying you want to have won 4 matches per level. That ain't very much when you're playing aroun 20 games or so to get a single level.

Get used to not having 40 kills in a game. Often there won't even be 40 teamkills if the game wasn't a slaughterfest/ extremely even game. I had an extremely good game earlier today where I went 13/0/12, which is probably better then about 95% of my games.

//mastarwe
I'm back!
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2012 2:12pm | Report
MrCuddowls wrote:
I just realized something very bad about this Community
The good people act like they are better then everyone else

Ok lets start here. How long have you been here? How many posts do you have? For someone who hasn't been here a while your very judgmental.

MrCuddowls wrote:
Jeffy, After i make my 2 Posts expressing my anger at what he said
Talks to me like he is a ***ing King
Look
Ok here is what i have to say towards this
I dont really give a **** who you are
Your all equals in my eyes
and the more you disrespect people who you think are worse than you
the worse of a person you look

So let me get this straight. Your angry about Jeffy talking down to you, so your best solution is to talk down to him? Your acting very childish which is why most of us question your actual knowledge of the game.

MrCuddowls wrote:
You should realize that if we both begun at the same time and played the exact same amount
we would be pretty much the same in skill
don't underestimate me because i began late
And don't think yourself better than everyone else because you began early

But that is what happened. Jeffy started playing Lol long before you. With that being the truth its pretty easy to assume he is better than you.

I watched your video. Its exactly as I suspected. Once you hit 30ty and play a few games you'll understand the difference.
+Rep me if i'm useful!
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2012 2:13pm | Report
Mastarwe wrote:

Almost every person active on the forums are level 30, and will have gone through the change of game that will soon happen to you aswell (god that sounds an awful lot like puberty :P). As has been said, listen to people and respect their oppinions.

TBH it's not only ranked. Even normals make a great difference when playing at 30 (though back when I leveled we didn't have ranked. That means there was no draft pick at all).

I'd personally recommend to not start doing ranked before you've accumulated knowledge of how it's played at 30 (tip: You'll often find better people playing draft pick), but if you think you're ready then try it out. The first 10 matches or so will be placement matches, if those go badly you'll have a hard time to get back up (or at least a long time).

When starting ranked you'll have a few games (some of those placement matches) where you get paired with people that don't know a lot. I personally had one this season (the only soloqueue ranked I've played) where the support didn't know what cv stood for (I'm serious).

Another tip: Don't think ranked is everything. There are plenty of people that don't play ranked because they play to have fun and dislike the atmosphere in ranked games. Ranked elo ain't everything even though it's the only thing that's publicly available.

Oh, and that rating you're talking about isn't very good. You're basically saying you want to have won 4 matches per level. That ain't very much when you're playing aroun 20 games or so to get a single level.

Get used to not having 40 kills in a game. Often there won't even be 40 teamkills if the game wasn't a slaughterfest/ extremely even game. I had an extremely good game earlier today where I went 13/0/12, which is probably better then about 95% of my games.

//mastarwe

Thanks for the tip ^^
MrCuddowls
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2012 2:18pm | Report

Ok lets start here. How long have you been here? How many posts do you have? For someone who hasn't been here a while your very judgmental.

So let me get this straight. Your angry about Jeffy talking down to you, so your best solution is to talk down to him? Your acting very childish which is why most of us question your actual knowledge of the game.

But that is what happened. Jeffy started playing Lol long before you. With that being the truth its pretty easy to assume he is better than you.

I watched your video. Its exactly as I suspected. Once you hit 30ty and play a few games you'll understand the difference.

wait wait wait
What did you suspect
I will agree that it was a **** ashe
but was there anything wrong with how i was playing?
Syther Blade
<Member>
Syther Blade's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2012 2:24pm | Report
MrCuddowls wrote:

wait wait wait
What did you suspect

I know what he means. It's kinda hard to explain but some of the **** you get away with at level 29 or whatever you are wont help for **** at 30. I had a HUGE wake-up call in a inhouse the day I hit 30. BarbJ used Vlad against my Jarv top. I though It would be easy cause vlad is typically an easy matchup but ask anyone there, i got destroyed. You'll see when you hit 30.

And pro tip, dont try ranked immediately, i made that mistake and my elo is 894

Sigs By: Syther Blade (me), TheNamelessBard
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2012 2:31pm | Report
Not going to read 8 pages of posts right now. I'll keep this short.

League of Legends is balanced primarily at the professional level. Riot tries their best to make sure the rest of the community is happy, but all the major gameplay decisions have to benefit the game as an E-sport.

A distributed kill system simply doesn't support the game at a professional level. In major tournament games a supposed "kill-steal" can actually influence the flow of the game and teams might do this intentionally in order to give an advantage to certain members of their team. A distributed kill system would completely remove any strategy concerning who last-hits a champion.

Not to mention in order to get a pentakill, you'd now have to basically 1v5 their team, dealing the most damage to every single target.

Ksing is a part of most combat games and in League of Legends it's almost always justified. Ksing gives your team another assist which will net more gold than a lone kill. Ksing often secures a kill instead of leaving it to see if those last 2 ticks of ignite can finish the job.

Very rarely do I come across a ks that actually hurts the team. A bad ks might be when an ally purposely doesn't help in the fight, but makes sure he gets the kill. Another one might be a champion who blows their long-cooldown ultimate or summoner spell just to take the kill, leaving your team more vulnerable for the next few minutes.

Those are really the only circumstances that I would consider a bad ks. Everything else is either just a bit selfish or legitimately helps the team. It's not the huge problem that people make it out to be.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
MrCuddowls
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2012 2:32pm | Report

I know what he means. It's kinda hard to explain but some of the **** you get away with at level 29 or whatever you are wont help for **** at 30. I had a HUGE wake-up call in a inhouse the day I hit 30. BarbJ used Vlad against my Jarv top. I though It would be easy cause vlad is typically an easy matchup but ask anyone there, i got destroyed. You'll see when you hit 30.

And pro tip, dont try ranked immediately, i made that mistake and my elo is 894

Did you watch it
I want to know even if it is hard to explain
im always looking for ways to get better
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2012 2:37pm | Report
MrCuddowls wrote:

wait wait wait
What did you suspect

I only watched to about 6 minutes in, but...

You were allowing Ashe to push you under tower early. This was not a great idea, because you were not farming effectively under tower.

In general, you were farming poorly. Under 20 CS at 7:00 on the clock is terrible. It doesn't matter what your opponent is farming like, you should be aiming at 10 CS per minute (and higher if possible).

Several times when you had your stun up, you did not use it to zone Ashe. You could have easily kept her away from your minions, since she can see the animation for your stun.

Several times when you had your stun up and Ashe was low, you did not use it to engage her. If you'd had Ignite, any one of these times could have become an easy kill, and first blood, before you hit level 6.

When you hit level 6, you did not immediately use your next stun to kill Ashe. She was low, her Heal was down, and Annie's burst at level 6 is huge.

At least once when Ashe was poking you with autoattacks, you did not put up Molten Shield. Doing so would have mitigated a good amount of her incoming damage, due to the extra armor, and you would have returned some damage to her as well.

These are just sort of off the cuff and only have to do with laning. I'd really have to play some games with you to get a better sense of what you could improve on.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
The LZ
<Member>
The LZ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2012 2:38pm | Report
Well said PsiGuard.

And MrCuddowls, if you want to see
how you can get better, just check my
profile and go to my blog. There's a
post on that subject. Don't feel like
re-posting it everytime, so I just posted
it there.
"(Btw LZ, I read all of your posts like a poem because your paragraphs look like stanzas. It's rather amusing. :P)" - PsiGuard
"^ya same
why you write like that" - wRAthoFVuLK
"Why DO you write like that?" - Amazing Monkey
"Why do you write like that LZ?" - iownedya
"no-one knows, but it is unique.
An artist originalising his work,
per say. Yet what have I done,
I have copied his work.
It's probably wrong too, but lolz. Keep at it LZ, since it makes reading your posts interesting." - ShiftyCake
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2012 2:49pm | Report
I have a few tips for you. :P

1. I would strongly suggest going into options and enabling smart cast. This will make your skills faster, and easier to cast. It turns spells from 2 clicks into one click.
Example, currently, in order to cast Annie's Q spell, you have to press Q, hover your mouse over your target, and then left click. With smart cast enabled, you simply have to hover over your target, and press Q. The only downside is the game will not tell you your range, but you'll get used to all your exact ranges.

2. Work on CSing when under turret. If done properly, you can use the turret to secure cs, same as minions, but you have to learn how. Also, just CSing in general. You seem decent at last hitting, but I noticed a lot of minions, that you weren't even trying to go for. A good starting goal, would be getting 100 cs within 15 minutes. After you achieve this, push for higher amounts, however, don't be unreasonable. 100 cs per 10 mins is pretty much the best that's gonna be possible, so aiming for something better than that is absurd.

3. I would disable the useless area of the HUD, and maybe downscale it a bit as well, this will give you more vision.

4. Take Ignite. Ignite and Flash is the ideal choice for almost all burst mages. It will benefit you a lot more than heal will, and will allow you to be more aggressive.

5. PUNISH YOUR ENEMIES. Every opportunity you can, you should punish your enemy as hard as you can. For example, at 6:08 in your video, instead of casting Q on a minion, you could have flashed, stunned, and killed Ashe. She wandered into your zone with low health, you should have capitalized on this, and killed her.

6. Don't underestimate your enemy. If she was playing properly, at 7:30, Ashe WOULD have killed you. You should always expect your enemy to play extremely well, you won't get careless that way. In this situation it didn't matter, because you got away, but you should be prepared for things like this.

7. Communicate better. I agree that your team shouldn't be in your lane, but they had just ganked for you, and maybe thought you wanted to push the tower. Instead of saying LEAVE, try saying something like 'Thank you for the gank, but please let me farm, I don't want to push tower just yet'. People would rather listen to someone who is working with them, rather than ordering them around. Also, if your team starts fighting, your chances of winning are drastically reduced.

8. Know when to B. You shouldn't always wait until you have to, to go back. If you can buy a good item, or you're low on mana, even if your lane is pushed, you should think about going back to base. Staying in lane with no mana, or items isn't worth it, if you go back you miss out on a few cs, but if you stay you miss out on A LOT of cs, due to not having any mana. Additionally, you could buy items, and start snowballing your lane for kills. Also, if Ashe had built properly, she would have killed you because you didn't B, and she'd have had a huge item advantage, regardless of whether or not you had more gold.

In all of this, I'm not trying to be rude, or anything, I'm simply offering advice. Also, I noticed how often you were insulting the enemy team. Whether you typed it or not, that's still a bad attitude to have. I'm sure you have had bad games as well, (everyone has) try not to be that guy.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide