Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Playing since beta, AMA

Creator: throatslasher October 8, 2012 12:34pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Inferiae
<Member>
Inferiae's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2012 9:07am | Report
I find it pretty dam interesting when people talk about the good ole days seeing as how I've only within the last 8 months gotten into LoL so I love threads like this!

My question is do you enjoy LoL as much now as you did then? has the meta affected you in a positive manner or do you wish you could just go back and naively pick whats fun?
Thanks Xiaowiriamu for the awesome signature!
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2012 9:19am | Report
I wish with all my heart I could go back to the good old days. Me and my buddy would hang out and play LoL and go bottom with whatever hair-brained 2champ combo we could think of. We would go eat at the wataburger down the street, and sit there and talk about combos. One of our favorite combos was zilean mundo. We would get in vent and be like, ok I get this creep, this next one is low, you get this caster...and we would secure like 95% of cs and we would split it, which was unheard of. Last hitting was optional back then, pretty much. Only dota players understood last hitting (no more denying :/) during the super early phase.

I dont' know, league has gotten too competitive. What actually straight up killed league of legends in my opinion are these 'matchups' websites, where you type in the champ, and it gives you what you should pick to counter that champion. How ****ing lazy can you be? really, you can't sit there and think for 30 seconds about what beats irelia? Playtesting is gone, this game has gone downhill since european meta made kill lanes bottom obsolete. Now, in the finals, you see games where they're so boring that people cheer when wards are cleared.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
Inferiae
<Member>
Inferiae's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2012 9:44am | Report
I know exactly what you mean mate, god knows how you feel playing it for years but even I after less than a year get so bored with the meta, I was playing the other day on my smurf account with my girlfriend (not to be like haha this is easy but more due to the fact my girlfriend isn't really a gamer.. working on it though!) and fancied playing Morgana support and she played Ashe

Yes she's not exactly amazingly viable but with someone new to the game who constantly overextends her shield is awesome to stop her getting CC'd and she sets up kills nicely so my other half can get some satisfaction from it, ANYWAY the entire team was slating me saying why wasn't I going mid, Morgana can't support blah blah, I was thinking **** me this is on a level 5 account and already new players are getting told what they can and cannot play, how does anyone expect the meta to change when all innovation is sucked from new players... anyway rant over

Anyway next question! Who do you think is the coolest champion in League? forget moves and viability, who's personality and appearance do you find coolest :) (this is open to anyone to answer by the way)
Thanks Xiaowiriamu for the awesome signature!
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2012 9:48am | Report
The support + ADC meta isn't unbeatable.

If you want to run double bruiser, just do it, and then run ADC top.

Or run bruiser mid, ADC top, and send your up not with your support.
Tri lane for life.
Vaan99
<Member>
Vaan99's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2012 9:53am | Report
I miss old tripple HoG rammus. I cry everytime when I think about Sunfire Garen, Evelynn and Twitch (last 2 were too good).

Old pirate was the richest person in the game, everytime.

Too bad I haven't been playing yet when Ezreal and Xin got released (started on Vlad).

I miss old Aegis of Legion- hp for wielder, ad, armor, magic resist for everyone around you, NP.

And my Smite+Revive Eve, she was so reliable in getting fed and winning game, getting quadras was never so fun as then.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2012 10:22am | Report

I wish with all my heart I could go back to the good old days. Me and my buddy would hang out and play LoL and go bottom with whatever hair-brained 2champ combo we could think of. We would go eat at the wataburger down the street, and sit there and talk about combos. One of our favorite combos was zilean mundo. We would get in vent and be like, ok I get this creep, this next one is low, you get this caster...and we would secure like 95% of cs and we would split it, which was unheard of. Last hitting was optional back then, pretty much. Only dota players understood last hitting (no more denying :/) during the super early phase.

I dont' know, league has gotten too competitive. What actually straight up killed league of legends in my opinion are these 'matchups' websites, where you type in the champ, and it gives you what you should pick to counter that champion. How ****ing lazy can you be? really, you can't sit there and think for 30 seconds about what beats irelia? Playtesting is gone, this game has gone downhill since european meta made kill lanes bottom obsolete. Now, in the finals, you see games where they're so boring that people cheer when wards are cleared.

First, nothing beats irelia. Jax being the only mild exception where an equally skilled lane leads to a jax win. He can also really easily escape ganks so that's the one champ that with equal amount of skill and jungler help wins the lane against irelia.
Renekton can shut her down early, but post 5 irelia can win sustained trades if renekton dares to go for them.
Riven needs to kill her pre-6.
Udyr is very prone to ganks, irelia's really good at assisting at ganks.
Olaf is the same as udyr.
Jayce is ****ing ******ed but sustained trades post 5 goes in irelias favor and she can force thoose since jump stun OP.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2012 10:36am | Report
Lee sin + ganks, and jax crush irelia.

"The support + ADC meta isn't unbeatable. (yes it is)

If you want to run double bruiser, just do it, and then run ADC top. (he will get ganked and die)

Or run bruiser mid, ADC top, and send your up not with your support. (what. bruisers mid CAN work, but we're talking adc support bottom, mostly. Top meta is horse****, though. 1 death = you lose the lane)"

@vaan
I recall when ezreal was released, literally every single game was ezreal mid vs pantheon. They would both start a bunch of hp potions and red pot. Don't ask me why. I don't know. Whoever killed the other 1 first was guaranteed snowball forever.

"Who do you think is the coolest champion in League? forget moves and viability, who's personality and appearance do you find coolest"
Coolest? anivia. hue hue hue.
Probably nasus. He has the best line in the game, his joke. Too bad standard vlad skin makes him look like an ice-cream hair'ed *****. I like nidalee. So, Nidalee, Nasus, blood lord vladimir, gragas, and fiddlesticks. CAW CAW CAWC CAWCAACAWCAW. Urgot looks pretty badass as well.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2012 10:45am | Report
I've always thought that rushing Warden's mail was the best counter to Irelia.
True love is found only in yourself.
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2012 10:50am | Report
^tried that and it didn't work :/

Even in pbe against really bad players.

Question!

What was release Xin like? People keep saying OP, but never said why :V
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2012 10:51am | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

I've always thought that rushing Warden's mail was the best counter to Irelia.

shh, ppl aren't supposed to know that!
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide