Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Post your Game Stats here

Creator: iGotHacks January 30, 2011 5:25am
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2015 2:04pm | Report
Re4XN wrote:

:(

I was actually considering it, but I wasn't completely sure if it was still worth it (in this game) after the nerf. We had no problems whatsoever dealing with Yi and Ashe (Ashe was 14 when I got 18) and everybody else.

I don't know... Dead Man's Plate seemed like a better choice, because we had Baron Buff and we were pushing.

Looks like I've got to improve my purchases...

Randuins + Thornmail was pretty core purchase here if you ask me, because they had like 4 members dealing AA damage of some sort. I think my build in this game would've looked something like:

Sunfire Aegis => Mercury's Treads / Ninja Tabi => Spirit Visage => Randuin's Omen => Thornmail => Warmog's Armor / Dead Man's Plate.

I don't know enough of the Dead Man's Plate to judge, but it seems inferior to Randuins Omen on full tanks like Mundo. What I do know is that offensive items are very poor on Mundo in general; Frozen Mallet, Sterak's Gage are all quite poor buys. Thornmail 'nerfs' seem pretty irrelevant for full tanks because if you have like +200 bonus armour it's still going to be quite a lot.

Spoiler: Click to view
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2015 2:41pm | Report
Vynertje wrote:

Randuins + Thornmail was pretty core purchase here if you ask me, because they had like 4 members dealing AA damage of some sort. I think my build in this game would've looked something like:

Sunfire Aegis => Mercury's Treads / Ninja Tabi => Spirit Visage => Randuin's Omen => Thornmail => Warmog's Armor / Dead Man's Plate.

I don't know enough of the Dead Man's Plate to judge, but it seems inferior to Randuins Omen on full tanks like Mundo. What I do know is that offensive items are very poor on Mundo in general; Frozen Mallet, Sterak's Gage are all quite poor buys. Thornmail 'nerfs' seem pretty irrelevant for full tanks because if you have like +200 bonus armour it's still going to be quite a lot.

Spoiler: Click to view

Yeah, I already noticed after the game ended Randuin's Omen would have been a good purchase, it was a bad call on my behalf. Not entirely sure why I didn't get it.

Not so sure about your statement of Sterak's Gage being a poor purchase ( Frozen Mallet definitely is now) (if it matters, I only built it for testing purposes), it seems like a good item if you ask me. 30% of your maximum health as a shield definetely helps (though, I admit that Dr. Mundo is already tank enough and can handle the damage): I was able to survive teamfights without resorting to my ultimate too early and was able to tank a lot more damage. The health it gives is also very good, what I don't like about the item is the % AD, but it's not all that bad either.

Also not sure about Randuin's Omen being core, especially with the introduction of Dead Man's Plate. The 10% critical damage reduction seems like a waste in some games (not this one) and DMP provides you with more health, almost the same armour and a good passive that gives you movespeed (which is good on Mundo). In this game, it would be a neat purchase, I failed to see that, but I don't think it should be built every single game.

I agree with you on the offensive items on Mundo being kind of bad. But I really have to test the new Titanic Hydra: damage based on your maximum health? Moar health? I think it deserves to AT LEAST be tested :P I know the implications of building this item in a real game, you always have to keep up with the enemy and building offensive won't help you with that, but I am only considering this item in case you get ahead.

If you wish to continue this discussion, please PM me, I'd gladly hear you out (any tips are appreciated, I'd really like to improve), I just don't want to spam this thread.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2015 12:28pm | Report
I tried team, I tried...

Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2015 9:30am | Report
missmaw is a god

Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2015 9:31am | Report

Got to plat in my first ranked game as Janna. I let that Darius go top only to have him feed 2/10 by min 20. Luckily Vayne carried HARD, so I'm glad I was there supporting her.
RottedApples
<Inhouse Addict>
RottedApples's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2015 1:38pm | Report

new fizz counter confirmed.

Signature is from Ninja_Trigger's champion mastery thread!
New and slightly improved version is still up to date >HERE!<
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2015 2:16pm | Report
Lol, that reminded me of the time a Braum mid carried my entire team. Good old days...
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2015 2:35pm | Report

:)

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2015 2:39pm | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

:)

This doesn't mean you can take a break, levels 6 and 7 coming soon :P
Gratz, tho!
RottedApples
<Inhouse Addict>
RottedApples's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2015 2:41pm | Report
Re4XN wrote:

This doesn't mean you can take a break, levels 6 and 7 coming soon :P
Gratz, tho!

which reminds me, I should get a headstart on teemo.

welp, time to go back to playing top mid and support teemo.

Edit: look mom, I'm playing teemo. Look at my build mom, it's amazing.

Signature is from Ninja_Trigger's champion mastery thread!
New and slightly improved version is still up to date >HERE!<

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide