Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Tribunal...It's time for riot to change things...

Creator: gabpin October 13, 2011 6:39pm
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2011 10:55pm | Report
caucheka wrote:

first off you only make it to the tribunal if someone reports you. how many people are going to report hot****?

secondly, if somehow he does make it to the tribunal, everyone would be sheeple and vote whatever the not guilty one is, pardon i believe.

Exactly my point.

People don't report him not because what he does is ok, but because of who he is.

Beeswarm17
<Member>
Beeswarm17's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2011 11:05pm | Report
Well, yeah. Name recognition means a lot. I think if some of us on the forums magically ran across some of the veterans and such on this site, we'd probably give a little bit of leeway just because we've seen interactions outside of the game. I'm pretty sure I would, at least. (We all have limits, though.)

I'm not condoning certain people's actions though when I say that some people just won't get hit even if they deserve it. I just know people enough to believe it just won't happen.

I've reported people for throwing out "noob" every 4-5 minutes. I've been reported (the only time I know of) for asking the other team why all of the free week Lux's were getting RoA. It was a legitimate question, even if I didn't like the item on her and said so, but the Leblanc (who was obviously duo-queue) got pissed and reported me for "a lot of QQ from Tristana".

However, I don't think that I (or really most of the people I've reported) will ever see the tribunal. If someone gets banned simply for dropping some f-bombs, then a simple email to riot's support will usually be enough for them to decide, "hey, this was actually kinda undeserving of a permaban. He's been kicked for about a week or so now? Seems long enough." *Account unlocked*.

However, if the OP was seriously overdoing it and has been banned multiple times, then yeah, a ban was in order. Whether hotshot or a random pug, if you're being an ***, you should get hammered.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2011 11:39pm | Report
Quoted:
Greetings jhoijhoi!

We are pleased to inform you that the rest of the Tribunal has affirmed your judgment on XXXX cases today! As compensation for your service to the League, your account has been credited XXXX Influence Points.

The League of Legends thanks you for your service on the Tribunal, Summoner! Remember that you will be eligible to judge 10 tomorrow! May justice be swift!

ie: when people are banned, many other players have concurred that that person deserves a ban.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by natuhlee ♡
ZioSerpe
<Member>
ZioSerpe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2011 11:44pm | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

lolno.

thats like, total bs.

Have you seen any of Hotshot's streams?

One example of many.

Was hotshot permabanned for verbal abuse? Nope.

Don't talk about people in LoL being equals, cause no one is. Hotshot get's special treatment because of what a good player he is (not to mention the fanbase he has = more money for Riot). No i'm not mad at Hotshot or anything, but if that video doesn't show what could be perceived as verbal abuse, I don't know what is. And don't tell me we all haven't done something like that at some point, cause someone gets under our skin tons of times.

I don't see why 1 person out of the rest of the community should get penalized for something the entire community does and gets away with daily (probably more like hourly).

Oh and that post, well, kinda made me think of what an arrogant dude you seem like.

Reads to me like your looking down at him for being reported by tribunal, gee that sounds like Riot's definition of verbal abuse, permaban plox.

Compared to what I do he's a newbie, I insult bad teammates everytime and make em want to suicide or rage at me, point is I do it so that I am not worthy of bans, thus I'm still playing the game.
Seriusly if you are a good flamers you ain't subject to rules, you bend them.

For all you questions about jungling

yes Mr smartypants click on the signature
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2011 11:45pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

ie: when people are banned, many other players have concurred that that person deserves a ban.

what was that? free ip for cases? well i'll just hit ban cause it'll be simpler and faster, and cause most of the cases deserve it anyways right?

because the tribunal system is sooooooo perfect.

You yourself created the QQ thread (and may I add have shared a fair bit of it yourself) about other players in LoL, and yet we also trust them with banning other players.

If we really wanted to trust a playerbase with banning, there shouldn't be 1 iota of QQ about the playerbase anywhere from anyone.

We might as well say,

Greeting summoner, you have been banned for xxxxx days because xxxx dislikes the fact that you only play veigar, xxx was having a bad day and wanted to take it out on someone else, xxxx thought you were verbally abusing someone, xxxx thinks your a smurf on another server and doesn't like those, and xxx took a long look and concluded you may have been guilty.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2011 11:49pm | Report
ZioSerpe wrote:

Compared to what I do he's a newbie, I insult bad teammates everytime and make em want to suicide or rage at me, point is I do it so that I am not worthy of bans, thus I'm still playing the game.
Seriusly if you are a good flamers you ain't subject to rules, you bend them.

looooool.

how can you judge other players when you tell us you are worse then them?

By your admission, people should be reporting you for verbal abuse left and right since flaming IS verbal abuse, and insulting people is a bannable offense if done enough and varying on the degree of the insult.

All we've heard from Gabpin is that he swears a lot. What we've heard from you is that you insult and flame people.

I'm really not seeing how you can judge people.

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2011 2:47am | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

lolno.

thats like, total bs.

Have you seen any of Hotshot's streams?

Lol. I recommend thinking before posting :P

Whatever he says into his mic isn't transmitted into the game.
Unless he actually said some mean things in the chat, but that vid is too blurry to see.
"Doing something, almost being done, then parents come in and don't let you finish.
Yes, I had a rough childhood." - devdevil
ZioSerpe
<Member>
ZioSerpe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2011 3:01am | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

looooool.

how can you judge other players when you tell us you are worse then them?

By your admission, people should be reporting you for verbal abuse left and right since flaming IS verbal abuse, and insulting people is a bannable offense if done enough and varying on the degree of the insult.

All we've heard from Gabpin is that he swears a lot. What we've heard from you is that you insult and flame people.

I'm really not seeing how you can judge people.

I can because I'm smarter, the simple fact that no report done on me has ever had consequences while gabpin found himself banned is pretty selfexplainatory.
I flame people in a way that ain't considered bannable, yet, and I can grant that, is effective.
Also, lemme correct you on this, they don't give free IP for judging, they give free IP for judging right, and quite frankly the IP reward is neglegible (yay I won 12 ip) I only do tribunal 'cause is funny when it doesn't happen to you for once.

Do I love watching other people suffer? yes I do
Am I a bad person? probably

But yeah good luck going into tribunal and punish everyone.
Today I did some tribunal (had not done in months, thread insipred me) and I got this case.
In all 7 games the guy was reported for intentional feeding, and yes he has all ******ed scores, yet he wasn't feeding intentionally, he just sucked deep balls at the game, would you punish that?
If the system was automatic he would have been banned for no other reason than just sucking at the ******* game. With the tribunal cases like these can be examined by the comunity making so that the staff wastes less time on stupid reports.

For all you questions about jungling

yes Mr smartypants click on the signature
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2011 3:08am | Report
Nighthawk wrote:
what was that? free ip for cases? well i'll just hit ban cause it'll be simpler and faster, and cause most of the cases deserve it anyways right?

because the tribunal system is sooooooo perfect.

It's 10 IP for a correct agreement in my case at the moment. It is based off a majority vote, and each case requires at least a minute per viewing. The more cases you get wrong, the less amount of IP you recieve, so someone who just spams "Punish" or "Pardon" without actually reading each case gets less rewards.

Nighthawk wrote:
You yourself created the QQ thread (and may I add have shared a fair bit of it yourself) about other players in LoL, and yet we also trust them with banning other players.

I created the QQ thread yes, but that doesn't mean I haven't been subject to people swearing and harassing me ONLINE which affects my gameplay. Someone who says, "****ing piece of **** Karma can't hold her lane ****ing noob burn in hell, hope your mother dies" or whatever deserves to be banned. I said this a long time ago in another thread, but my baby brother AND my father both play this game. I would ****ing kill someone who swore at my 7 year old brother for playing badly and when I think of someone calling my dad "a ****ing noob learn to play ****ing uninstall", I rage.

You're meant to play LoL for the fun, not to be called noob and get discouraged from playing the game. If you're supporting players like that, shame on you, Nighthawk.

Nighthawk wrote:
Greeting summoner, you have been banned for xxxxx days because xxxx dislikes the fact that you only play veigar, xxx was having a bad day and wanted to take it out on someone else, xxxx thought you were verbally abusing someone, xxxx thinks your a smurf on another server and doesn't like those, and xxx took a long look and concluded you may have been guilty.

Have you even bothered to review a tribunal case? Each person has more than 4 games of match history for a person to review. That means they've been reported more than once by multiple people. You don't seem to UNDERSTAND that ****ty people exist and I'd rather not play with a premade 4 who tell me, "Stop whining ***** and just play the game... ****ing Nidalee is whining again (in all chat)... can someone shut this ****ing Nidalee up? ****, ***** keeps talking."

If you enjoy playing with people like that, leave the LoL community and join HoN.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
omagma
<Member>
omagma's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2011 3:08am | Report
This thread is very negative.
Have some Pinkie pie in socks to cheer you up.
Thanks to me and Elleeeeeka (love that name) for my sigs.
If i made a helpful comment on your guide/build, then hit that +rep button. or don't, its not like i care.
ALL HAIL QUEEN CHRYSALIS!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide