Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Vynertje's Support AMA and advice thread

Creator: Vynertje December 30, 2014 5:15am
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2015 3:22pm | Report
MrMad2000 wrote:
Do you think the item Ardent Censer is in a decent spot at the moment due to the shift from (pre-season/early S5) burst ADC's to auto attack reliant ones such as Tristana and Kalista?

It's a decent item if you get it while snowballing the early game and that didn't really change. The problem is that there are simply much more important items to get early game (think of: upgraded support item, aegis, zekes ) which puts it in a really awkward spot.
MrMad2000
<Member>
MrMad2000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2015 3:28pm | Report
What ADC do you hate supporting the most, and why?
I am currently known as Sejwoonapiggle on EUW.
Add me for any queries or questions you have for me!
Check out my stream! I could use the support.
Click here to view my stream!
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2015 3:43pm | Report
Ezreal because he's one of the champions that mostly tries to neutralize a lane, rather than trying to win it - especially considering he needs Muramana+Trinity before he gets his first power spike. There is very little challenge in supporting him and also a low skill cap for the support.

Often you can just go and roam while leaving him to cs 1v2 but if they decide to fastpush the tower he cannot quickly clear waves (except with his ult) like sivir can - which complicates matters.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2015 7:29pm | Report
Hey Vyn. Has Janna been taken down a peg at all with her recent nerfs or is she still great? I wanted to make her my back up for Braum but someone told me she was nerfed too hard. I doubt this, but I wanted your input on the matter.
I want to be a Blitzball's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2015 10:13pm | Report
Hey Vyn. Has Janna been taken down a peg at all with her recent nerfs or is she still great? I wanted to make her my back up for Braum but someone told me she was nerfed too hard. I doubt this, but I wanted your input on the matter.

That's like saying Lee has been nerfed too hard. In my opinion she's still the best disengage support, and just requires you to play her correctly (and not pick her in a terrible situation).

Question of my own though. Bard or Tahm? I'm looking to get both eventually, but you know, I'm poor so I only got enough for one. Any reason to favor one over the other?

Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2015 12:35am | Report
Janna is still good

Bard or tahm: just go with what you prefer yourself, though the nice thing about Tahm is that he makes a pretty strong top laner too (I ban him most of the time)
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
HiFromBuddha's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2015 12:44am | Report
On the topic of Bard... How do you fit him into team? Additionally, when would Bard be a glaringly obvious best choice?
Imma 'bout to end this man's whole career
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Kiniro Mosaic
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2015 1:10am | Report
I think bard excels with a lot of gank support and an ADC who can waveclear on their own.

Imagine something like Corki+Bard botlane; this lane has good synergy through short trades and poke damage and Corki is a very safe 1v2 laner.

Roaming up then allows you to pressure mid with your jungler, Bard has very creative gank paths and also lots of dive possibilities. On the other hand you split the xp more evenly (ADC gets solo xp and you get chime xp from roaming) which can also get you ahead.

Now the problem for Bard is that champions like Thresh can do this as well and more importantly: before getting 6. The only differences are that his ganks are more telegraphed, more standardized gank paths.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2015 1:24am | Report
What would you run on janna?
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2015 1:49am | Report
What would you run on janna?

In terms of runes/masteries/summoners, items, synergies or counters?

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide